“Lovely Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sol Trinidad

You added Sol Trinidad to your Saves list
Sol Trinidad
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   C/ Cala Blanca 2, 07181 Magaluf, Calvia, Majorca, Spain   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #7 of 28 Hotels in Magaluf
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We stayed at the Sol Trinidad and it exceeded our expectations. The hotel was clean,our room was a really nice size for 2 & the food was really good with lots of choice definately something for everyone. The only disappoint was the entertainment which was very, very, very poor :(. Its such a shame because the hotel could be so much better if they get the right entertainment in.
You must visit Katmandu Park which is really good fun and there is a little place (turn right and then I think a left and you come to it) which has different entertainment everynight but sadly we only found it the night before we were coming home. Would def stay at the Sol Trinidad again, happy hols people :))

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Elizabeth_Frew, Guest Relations Manager at Sol Trinidad, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear guest, thank you so much for such a lovely review and to have exceeded your expectations motivates all of our personnel to offer always the best of ourselves to all our visitors. Sorry that you did not like the entertainment and your comments have been passed on to the relevant department to be taken into consideration to improve continuously all our services. We look forward to being able to welcome you again very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Polish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We always have a good time at the Trinidad, Magalluf. Pleasant waiters and lovely food. It is situated very central to everything.The Pool area is very nice as well. The rooms are always clean and tidy and would reccomend this Hotel to anyone. Sometimes the pool area can be busy but you'll always find a space somewhere. My family and friends have been coming here for a good few years now and we always try to book the Trinidad.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Elizabeth_Frew, Guest Relations Manager at Sol Trinidad, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear guest, many thanks for writing such a lovely review. It is always so motivating to hear that we have such loyal visitors that choose our hotel time and time again. We look forward to your next visit soon.
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We visited this hotel in June the staff were very friendly, the rooms were spotless, the food good and the lovely beach is just a stones throw away – what more could we ask for? So we are going back again soon

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Elizabeth_Frew, Guest Relations Manager at Sol Trinidad, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear guest, it is always a pleasure to hear from such loyal visitors who return to the hotel time and time again. Thank you so much for all your kind remarks and we certainly look forward to your next visit soon.
Liverpool
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a ten night trip at this hotel, unfortunately, not happy and very dissatisfied.  I have been to this hotel 7 times in last few years, although I will not be returning again.  I never write long and lenthy reviews but i feel that i need to after this stay as the hotel as gone down the pan.  The negatives am afraid far outweigh the positives, heed the other trip advisers views as they are correct.

Firstly, the welcome we received from the Reception was abissmal, to say the least.  Fabilo (or Fabi 'as' lola as we prefer to call her was quite happy to have us sleep on the beach.  We had booked two rooms for four people on the Melia website- the hotels website, half board.  One with comments of 'double bed if possible' and on the second 'twin beds please'.  I booked the rooms myself and have booked numerous holidays before and have never made a mistake.  When we go to the front desk, all 4 of us, we were advised the rooms were for 1 person each. I stated to Fabi(as)ola that there must be a mistake as obviously there are 4 of us and I would not book rooms for 4 of us in rooms for one person- what is the point in that you cannot eat as you are asked for a room number prior to entering the dining room?  Anyway, she wouldnt listen, and said "this is your problem, not mine" and walked away!! I called her back and asked to speak to her manager, the repy, 'no manager on today'.  This woman was extremely rude and very difficult.  I then asked her well, what are we to do, it was 11pm, we were tired and we just wanted to put our cases away and sleep. She said she said she could book us in for 177 euros more each room!  I asked her how she worked that out, bearing in mind we had paid 277 for 5 nights, she said this was the price and thats it. She then walked away with her hands over her ears whilst we were trying to speak to her!! Unbelievable.  I asked the other lady at the desk, who said nothing and simply stood in the background that we wanted to speak to her again, she came back and I said that this cannot be right as I have  the hotel on my iPad right now for £55 per night, for 2 people, half board, she said no, we don't sell rooms for 2 people for this price!  what a liar! I had trip adviser in my hand showing this price! The she barked back, that's £'s, not euros, em thick or what, pounds are worth more than eureos?!?!  She then left the reception and went back in the back room.

Anyway in order to resolve the matter myself as it was quite obvious the hotel staff were in no way seeking to assist us in any way whatsoever, we booked two rooms on another website, for £280 each room, £56 per night.  I cancelled the rooms we had booked with the hotel, and my card so I wouldn't get charged, yes Fabi(as)ola, I'm not that stupid.    Ten minutes later the booking came through and guess what Fabi(as)ola wouldnt come out of the back room!! No apology, nothing, just ignored us. Absolutely disgraceful.  The Spanish need to understand they are no longer alone in the tourist industry for us Brits we now travel all over the world and with customer service like this, it is no wonder we are leaving Spain and going elsewhere.

The hotel, after us speaking to the manager the following day sent a bottle of cheap sparkling wine to make up for it, hardly works bearing in mind the trauma we went through at one point thinking we may have to head for the beach with all the prostitiutes.  We are not kids, I am 37, husband, 47, brother, 43 and Father in Law, 73!! Maybe some customer care training is required? Although too late really.

In relation to the prostitutes, yes all over the place outside the hotel, BEWARE, yesterday I came across a young Spanish boy right next to the hotel who had been punched in the face by a "lucky lucky man" for his Ray Ban sunglasses- it was mid afternoon?

Finally, what once was a hotel that was secure and safe, it is no more.  There were security guards on the door, but they do nothing.  We stayed 5 nights, extended to 10 due to French Air Strikes (not through choice) and not once was any of us asked for our room number or the hotel key, anyone could waltz in.  At one point we walked in and there was a man at the lift waiting to go up when the security walked over and asked him was he staying in the hotel?? He had a wrist band from another  hotel on, durrrr? Pretty obvious really.  Was asked to leave, but how did he manage to get in? In fact if he took the stairs he would have been in the hotel.  I advised the manager of this the following day who said, no way, all guests are asked for name or room member- no they aren't.  Rose tinted glasses comes to mind and that all is well, well is isn't.  The security are obviously lazy and can't be bothered.  I was also advised by my father in law one day he came back to the hotel early for a nap and saw two black men walking up and down the corridors trying all the door handles? Management was told again, to no avail.

Finally in relation to noise, no no noise from the strip, but yes definately from the people in the hotel.  The walls are paper thin and three nights of my stay I was woken by next door shouting and screaming to each other and banging front and sliding doors, followed by music.  This went on for hours.  I tried to ring reception, to no avail.  At one point I heard the door open and the boy in the room ask a Spanish couple at the door ' any sniff' which I understand to be cocaine.  I opened the door and there was a man and woman both Spanish and not with the next door neighbours  obviously drug dealing? I quickly closed the door. Again I reported this to the manager who advised me, no one gets in the hotel without showing a key they may have been staying in the hotel- no they weren't, get a grip!!

I notice no one at the hotel has addressed any of the reviews below in relation to the prostitutes? This is because it is true! Am afraid with staff like this and prostitutes galore, it isn't worth the hassle. Stay somewhere else

• Stayed June 2013
Elizabeth_Frew, Guest Relations Manager at Sol Trinidad, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Dear guest, thank you for such a detailed review expressing your opinions regarding your stay with us. We are sorry that you were disappointed with this visit and all your comments have been noted. The problems in certain street areas have been addressed various times and are always conveyed to the relevant authorities as please be assured that the security in our hotel and the area have always and will continue to be of prime importance to us.
Loughborough, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

arrived at sol trinidad it taken them 5 mins max to check us in i asked for a higher floor room and i got that which was good i booked bed and breakfast however i didnt get up for breakfast once (big hangovers) so i wouldnt be able to recommend the food or not staff polite room was very good clean and tidy 2 min walk to bcm planet dance and 5 mins to the strip i recommend the stereo bar first bar on the strip will be returning soon ! and people moaning about the prostitutes outside the hotel just tell them to **** off oh and also when i came back early hours everynight theres a mcdonalds opposite which is handy when youve had a "few" :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear guest, many thanks for taking the time to write about your recent stay and we are pleased you enjoyed your visit. We look forward to your next visit soon.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

My boyfriend and myself have just got back from a week staying at the Sol Trinidad hotel. The location of the hotel is excellent and restaurants, bars and the beach are literally 2 minutes away! The reception staff were helpful and our room was always kept clean with fresh towels and bedding. Unfortunately i have to agree with the many comments on here regarding the food and the air con. We found meal times to be very limited for choice, tasteless and quite repetitive! Even though we paid for half board for the week we only went down to the restaurant 3x and the rest of the time we decided to eat out of the hotel. Both being student's this really bit into our spending money but overall it was the best choice for us.
The rooms would really benefit from air con as the ceiling fan is just not adequate for a comfortable nights sleep. We regularly woke up feeling mithered and had to sleep with the balcony door open. During the evening when we were getting ready we were unable to hear our own music or the television properly as it was too stuffy to close the balcony door and therefore all we could hear was the cheesy hotel entertainment. My bed was in desperate need of a new mattress as i was lying on springs aswell!
We never spent the day around the pool as it looked very cramped and time restricted but being so close to the beach was ideal.
Overall i would definitely return to Magaluf as it's a wonderful resort for all ages, unfortunately i would not return back to this hotel as i feel we paid for half board but just ended up getting a room for our money.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest, many thanks for taking the time to write all your opinions and we are pleased you found the location of the hotel to be so ideal. We are continuously updating our installations and your remarks regarding the air conditioning have been noted. Your opinion regarding the food on offer has been passed to the chef. We do hope that you will decide to visit us again in the future.
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

I am desperately trying to get hold of the hotel but the email and number online don't work properly! I need to try and get a cot in the room for my baby but was told I need to speak to the hotel!
Any ideas?
Thanks

• Stayed September 2012
Elizabeth_Frew, Guest Relations Manager at Sol Trinidad, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear guest, thank you for your enquirey regarding our hotel. You can contact us on this e.mail- sol.trinidad@solmelia.com but please don't worry as we can put a cot in your room easily. May we take the opportunity to wish you a pleasant stay.

Been to Sol Trinidad? Share your experiences!