“Loved the hotel, hated Maga.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mallorca Rocks Hotel

You added Mallorca Rocks Hotel to your Saves list
Mallorca Rocks Hotel
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   C/ Blanca, 8, 07182 Magaluf, Calvia, Majorca, Spain   |
Wrexham, United Kingdom
“Loved the hotel, hated Maga.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

As a group of three we had previously decided that we would never visit Magaluf, this all changed however when it was announced that the Courteeners were headlining the closing party!

We booked for a 4 night stay at the hotel itself after previously staying in Ibiza Rocks earlier in the year.
I'll start off with the positives:
- firstly the staff were all very welcoming and friendly
- the rooms were nice and clean with fresh towels every other day.
-the beds were comfortable (once you get past the heat in the room, but after a night of drinking you didnt notice this)
-the location, the hotel was situated near to good food outlets and the near to the strip
-Tom Browns just down the road (went every day)

negatives
-not enough sunbeds for everyone especially on event nights, meaning you had to be up at around eight just to get a sun lounger
-Magaluf, on the strip we found that we were constantly harassed by the local lads (not nice) and the strip wasnt that good
-BCM was rubbish, it just stinks of sick and we paid for a foam party to get there to find out that they'd cancelled it

The best part of this holiday has got to be seeing the Courteeners. Being at the front was amazing even though we did get completely crushed and were covered in bruises the next day!! But it was worth it for Liam Fray to come off the stage at the end and put his guitar pick in my hand, AMAZING!! To top it all off the next night whist having tea in Tom Browns (recommend this place for great food) we got the chance to meet the band after noticing them next to us.

All in all its a great hotel but just think its in the wrong destination, loved the hotel and the party atmosphere just hated Magaluf.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Ryan H, at Mallorca Rocks Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Hey Dan,

Thank you for taking the time to review Mallorca Rocks Hotel.

It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at Mallorca Rocks, as well as the closing party with the Courteeners performing. Its amazing that you managed to get to meet the band too! Lucky you!

I'm sorry Magaluf wasn't all you expected it to be, but following staying at Ibiza Rocks, you will be they are very different resorts aimed at different target markets.

We look forward to seeing you again at Ibiza Rocks!

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Hebrew first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Me and a group of girls stayed here at the end of August. None of us had been to maga before so we dident know what to expect at all. As soon as we arrived at the hotel we was greeted with extremely rude reception staff and really rude security telling 7 very excited girls to be silent and that we was not even aloud to speak in reception until we were asked questions at the desk??! We then had to pay a extra 40 euros each for deposit on top of our holiday which we would of liked to know before arrival? But we dident mind paying it at all.

After we all handed our passports in to be checked and received our wristbands we was told to walk to the other hotel? Even though we paid for a stage/pool view room. Saying this we was really annoyed at first but by the end of day 2 we was so thankful for being in that hotel, it's such a great vibe!!

The rooms look nothing like the photos but hey there clean spacious, have a ceiling fan and let's face it your not in there for long in maga?

We loved our holiday we all had the best time!! If you changed the reception and security staff this hotel would be perfect as they was very rude through out the holiday! But over all us girls had a brilliant time. It was a constant buzz in the hotel, we was right next to everything! The maids came more the twice in our week!

The concerts were great and even though the extra stuff like water park cost extra I would pay it again!! We will be coming back to this hotel next year for defiant I wouldn't stay anywhere else now :)

I just hope the staff have improved and to everyone going out there I wouldn't do the Mallorca rocks boat party like everyone says on here it is meant to be a more chilled vibe but It was a waste of money. Bring on next year is all I have to say!

• Stayed August 2013
Ryan H, at Mallorca Rocks Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Hi Megan,

Thank you for reviewing Mallorca Rocks Hotel.

I am sorry to hear your first impressions on arrival were not the best, and apologise for the bad service you received from the reception staff. We of course would never want you to be silent as you are on holiday to have a good time! We do have to take a security deposit from every guest that arrives at the hotel to cover any damage/breakage that may occur during your stay in your room, as you know this is returned at the end of the week should the room be in the same order.

I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and your time in resort. It sounds like you had a great holiday and its good to hear you enjoyed the additional events that took place throughout your stay. This year you can pre-book some of these additional events to get some great discounts and save money before you get to resort! Get in touch with our sales team on 02079522919 to book yours.

We look forward to seeing you again this summer!
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

I nipped over for a week with a group of mates. (40euro deposit) Got to hotel and the first thing I noticed was the security guy, trying to be all intimidating chuck norris and all that. as we were getting our wrist bands on he pulled the scissors oot and jokingly tried to cut one of me mates hair.. daft lad. the "maga intro" was informal. thanks to the two lasses that done it. warned us about the prostitutes on the streets :D. hotel room was basic, 2 hob cooker, kettle, toaster basic pans plates etc. no air con but a ceiling fan that was a bit loose so it was noisy and looked as if it was about to drop on micks face in his sleep lol. the kettle was a bit minging, it smelled really bad when it boiled and made me coffee taste awful, so I used the pan instead. I liked where our room was, 1st floor on the back facing the hills so we didnt get the noise from the main pool area, good to chill and sleep and you get the sun set which was brill, the pool atmosphere was brill, good music (martin garrix animals) the food in canteen was good as well. Hotel near beach, strip and bcm so its not easy to get lost, you cant miss the hotel when your pissed, due to kfc, mcdonalds, burger king and lightening pink and yellow as i remembered telling myself on my way home from bcm haha. room service was ok, got fresh towels and sheets. spar over the road, cash machines all over, mallorca rocks shop in hotel and on high street. go to tom browns for some food, its right on the beach and meet jason and the guys i was there like 6 times the whole holiday. wild wet west, about 15 min walk from hotel, fantastic water park. good laugh. only real issue was when the reception staff kinda lost our passports, we handed them over on arrival and we were told to come back later that day, then we were told to come back the following day, when we went to get our passports then tried to say they never had them, then when they had a harder look they found them. i would recommend this hotel/holiday as a group friend holiday. :) 40 deposit. remember that!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Ryan H, Overseas Delivery Manager at Mallorca Rocks Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Hi Ash,

Thank you for your review on your stay at Mallorca Rocks Hotel.

It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as your time in resort! Regarding the facilities in your room, I am sure if you reported this issue to reception whilst you were in resort they would have been able to look into this for you and replace the items you were dissatisfied with.

You sound like you had a great time, don't forget to come back and see us again this summer so we can make your next stay even better!
Colchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

Rooms are pretty basic but who cares you dont book a lads holiday expecting five star luxury. The pool is atmosphere is great and was even better with the kiss fm pool partys! The live gigs where EPIC!! dizzee rascal [--] smashed it probably one of best nights of my life! The only fault i found with the hotel was the destination it was in, i was majorly dissapointed with the maga strip and clubs. BCM does not live up to its name dont waste your money, drinks are crap and the place stinks! if this hotel was in Ayia Napa i would be back every year!!!!!

Room Tip: Get a stage view room!!!!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Hey,

Thanks for taking the time to review Mallorca Rocks Hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at Mallorca Rocks and the events that we ran during your stay, it's great to get your feedback.

I'm sorry to hear Magaluf wasn't all you thought it would be, but have you thought about perhaps trying Ibiza Rocks next year? The hotel is run with the exact same concept, but the resort offers a completely different vibe!

We hope to see you again soon!
Bicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Been to Mga twice, would only stay here again. Put simply, the pool atmosphere is great, decent music all day, rooms are a decent size, the price is good value for money and includes your live performance tickets, I saw example who was surprisingly good and Axwell who smashed it.

Couple of negatives, not enough sun beds, which led me to getting fined 50€ for taking beds into my room! because unless your up at 8am, the grand total of about 40 beds have been taken. Reception staff were rather rude and abrupt as we're the security, they threatened to kick me out for having a sunbed in my room... Chill out. The reps are all decent too, listen to them about decent clubs and there tickets mostly are the cheapest.

Would I stay again, of course,

Room Tip: Don't bother waking up early to get a sunbed, you'll never be early enough haha
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Hi Nathan,

Thanks for your review on Mallorca Rocks Hotel!

I am glad that you had such a great time when you stayed with us! Unfortunately guests are not allowed to take sunbeds into their room, this is due to health and safety as it could cause accidents if your room is over crowded!

It's great to hear that overall you had an amazing time at Mallorca Rocks and in resort and that our host team could be helpful. We hope to see you again soon!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Firstly, when we arrived we had the welcome speech and ended up buying the €180 pack for the 'entertainment'. This included a boat party, 2 gigs at the hotel and a pool party (already included anyway), a bar crawl and a trip to the water park. Definitely not worth it!!

Before the boat party we were expecting some seriously outrageous things as we were told that this was the legendary inbetweeners party boat! Instead we played one drinking
game, jumped off the lower deck and sat on chairs whilst the reps just chatted to each other. When I spoke to a rep and told him what I thought of it he said that a 'boat party' is different to a 'booze cruise' and that MR is more chilled out and relaxed as opposed to over the top and shocking! My advice would be to find a different company and book it separately as this one was boring!

The gigs were amazing! But the rooms were a let down! No air con, just a pathetic ceiling fan! If you did want any relief from the heat you had to purchase a rather noisy fan from reception for a mere €15!

The bar crawl was awful! Had to wait around for half an hour in an empty bar before we even got started then the reps completely lost control of the whole thing by bar 3! Too many people to keep track of if you ask me!

The best thing about the week was the water park! Entry was sorted and had a massive pool party when the park shut! Only one problem, the reps took loads of photos and never uploaded them to anywhere!

Best thing to do- book somewhere cheaper and book the gigs once you're there if you really want to go! Mallorca rocks advertises it's self as 'the party hotel' but it wasn't! It was quite boring and the reps displayed poor customer service.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Hi Lauren,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback on your stay at Mallorca Rocks.

I am sorry to hear that your stay with us over all did not meet your expectations. Mallorca Rocks the Boat is not a 'booze cruise' as some other tour operators offer, we run a boat party. We believe our boat party's give more of a chilled out vibe on board, and we do not pressure our guests into playing excessive drinking games, or encourage nudity or other types of games. I am sorry you did not enjoy Rocks the boat, or the entertainment provided on board.

We do not advertise that air conditioning is part of your room when booking, as this is not provided within your cost neither are the rooms equipped with air conditioning facilities. However if you do require air conditioning this is available to hire at reception via an external company, I apologise if this was not explained to you in resort.

Mallorca Rocks the Bars is a weekly event that we run in resort, which has always been a sucsess in the past. It is a shame that you did not feel the same, as the event is very popular after a couple of bars we do tend to find that the number of people on the bar crawl increases as more people join us on route! The main focus on the bar crawl, is a chance for our guests to have a good time and a chance to sample some of Magalufs best bars whilst mingling with other Mallorca Rocks customers, I hope you did manage to do this.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at the water park, as this is one of our most popular events that we run, pictures of events can usually be found on our Mallorca Rocks Facebook page.

We do strive to deliver excellent customer service at Mallorca Rocks and I do apologise that this was not the case during your stay. Thank you for taking the time to review Mallorca Rocks, we strongly value your opinion and will take on board your comments. I believe that if you do choose to stay with us again we will be able to change your opinion on Mallorca Rocks!
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Rooms arnt that great but you dont go to Magaluf for the luxury.

Apnosphere was ace, played house music around the pool all day and genuinly made me love life. Need to be less bothered about people playing music in their rooms though.. Weve come there to party.. What do they expect?! Still didnt stop us though.

Also, dont let them bloody holiday reps in your room to try and sell you the world. In the end we ended up putting a £10 deposit each to get them out of our room so we could at least get ready.

Over all AMAZING holiday. The best ive had in Magaluf so far.. My Maga days are over now though, everyone appeared to be 19 or younger

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Hi Georgia,

Thanks for your review on Mallorca Rocks Hotel, I am glad that you had such an amazing time when staying with us.

Our Mallorca Rocks host teams do not take deposits for our excursions, so I am unsure who was in your room trying to sell events to you. I would encourage reporting external ticket sellers to reception and security staff as they should not be in the hotel, if you do stay with us again.

It's great news that your stay with us overall was great, your Magaluf days should never be over! We hope to see you again soon.

Been to Mallorca Rocks Hotel? Share your experiences!