“It was the perfect location for our wedding day...” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 6 Attractions in Deia
Type: Historic Sites, Museums, Cultural
More attraction details
Owner description: Beautiful 19th century manor owned by the Austrian Habsburgs.
Barcelona, Spain
“It was the perfect location for our wedding day...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We first saw Son Marroig in January when it was raining and everything was hibernating. I turned to my now wife and said that this is the place. The view from the balcony overlooking the little temple was just breathtaking. The next time I saw it was on our wedding day when I arrived before our guests and it brought a tear to my eye. The white seats and carpet were ready, the sun was shinning and the sea was like a lake...it just took my breath away and I could not have hoped for a better place to get married.

We had a cocktail dinner on the terrace where our guests had the most wonderful evening before going off to dance the night away upstairs. All our guests have said it was the best wedding they have been to and we have a lot to thank for the venue for

The building is steeped in history but the views make this a five star attraction. We feel honoured to have celebrated our wedding here.

Visited September 2013

Bath, United Kingdom
35 attraction reviews
“Lovely Walk to Sa Foradada”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

My partner decidedshe would like to walk downthe path to the end of Sa Forodada. First she had to purchase aticket from Som Marroig which cost E4.00 as this is private land. On returning she exclaimed what a wonderful walk it was.I wish Ihad been able to go with her. The whole walk only took 2 hours. Much recommended by her.

Visited September 2013
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Such a magical place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Visited for a wedding ceremony at the folly, what a magical place to be married. The reception was held outside in the court yard over looking the azure, glistening med.To watch the sun going down during the celebrations was magnificant. A truly memorable wedding with a Sparkle.

Visited July 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Stunning”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Photographed a wedding there - wow - what a view!! House and garden worth a visit but if you want to just see the view there is a lovely little bar/terrace overlooking the sea where you can buy drinks, snacks and ice cream.

Visited July 2013
Hamburg
13 attraction reviews
“Nice views and garden - found Miramar to be the better choice, though...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Whilst I liked the gardens and views offered by Son Marroig, I found the museum kind of disappointing and the place a little bit over-crowded. On all aspects the nearby Monestir de Miramar seemed to be the better choice to me, as the architectural complex struck me to be more interesting (including amongst a quaint chapel inspired by the architecture commonly found in Bohemia) and the gardens are a much bigger complex allowing a leisurely stroll into both the adjacent terraced agricultural lands and the along the rugged cliffs...

Visited June 2013