We stayed there for 5 nights and in general I liked the hotel. The hotel was a base for exporing the island but we had chance to check much of the hotel facilities. First of al, the list of what I like about the hotel:
1.the overall design of the hotel is good, it has an art-touch with impressionist style paintings all over the hotel and there is even Miro exhibition;
2. the breakfast is very good with plenty of fruits, fresh juices and sparkling wine;
3. the design of the room is good, bed and pilllows are comfortable and everything is new, there is a balcony and the view from the balcony is amazing (we had sea-view room);
4. the parking is availble just for 8 Euro in the hotel grounds
5. the swimming pool is quite big with warm water. There are enough sun-beds but if you are sunbathing further from the swimming pool you will have problems with bar service, they neglect that part. But then you will enjoy sea-view.
6. we also appreciate that people from the reception helped us every day to book restaurants for dinner in Palma. And the service for the courtesy room was very helpful as our flight back was late at night.
What I do not like:
1. terrible smell in the hall, it smels like cheap air freshener for bathroo;
2. the beach is small though the colours are beautiful
3. bad cocktails in the swimming-pool bar (they are cutting costs by putting sugar instead of syrups but cocktails are not cheap). Then we figured out that it is much more pleasant to go to neighbouring Beach club for better cocktails and beach.
4. Extremely noisy Brits. One night we were not able to sleep as British couple in the next room was trying to sort out their relashionship in the middle of the night and they were shouting at each other for hours! The next morning another british woman was discussing some problems with her mobile provider the way everyone in 500 m. distance had to listen to her discussion.
5. Every morning we were waked up by either mini-bar service or cleaning service
These all are details but in general we enjoyed our stay. May be the reason is that we didnt spend much time inside the hotel and were travelling around the island otherwise the stay will be boring.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Refurbished Majorca beach hotel with direct access to the sea and relaxing views over the bay of Palma. Located in Illetas very close to Palma, this is the perfect hotel for your holidays. It offers full range of leisure options with good standards of comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Tingo, Escapio, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Bonanza Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Bonanza Playa Hotel
- Hotel Riu Palace Bonanza Playa Majorca/Calvia, Spain