“Top holiday,top hotel.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Globales America

You added Hotel Globales America to your Saves list
Hotel Globales America
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle formentor s/n | Manacor, 07689 Calas de Majorca, Majorca, Spain   |
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Calas de Majorca
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Herefordshire
“Top holiday,top hotel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel from the 9th to the16th October. It has been several years since we have stayed at an all-inclusive holiday hotel as we usually make independent travel arrangements and book separate flights and hotels via the internet. This year we felt that we needed a week off for a restful do-nothing week and trolled the internet looking for a package deal. We, luckily,found a deal with Ola holidays including local flights with Ryanair, that seemed to suit the crtiteria. When we arrived at the hotel, we were very impressed,the quality was way beyond our memories of all-inclusive hotels that we stayed at about 15 years ago.The staff were friendly and efficient, the hotel generally, and the rooms in particular were spotless and were kept that way. The location is superb. The small shopping centre near the hotel was adequate, and prices were usually cheaper that similar shops in the nearby resorts. The food was varied and plentiful, though I agree with previous reviewers that the food was never hot.Because of this, we steered clear of the usual 'threat' foods such as chicken or rice dishes that were not hot. All in all a great week and a pleasant surprise and I would certainly recommend the hotel and the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (406)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

Just back a day and already miss the place staff were good allways greeting us every morning my only issues were the amount of wasps outside the pool area got annoying that you didn't want to sit outside then the ants in my bathroom and my friends next door who were plagued with them.
The food was okay but found myself not eating anything and the food mostly at lunch time and dinner time wasn't really catered for children so the kids are left with not much . The staff were very friendly especially the entertainers Kevin, Laura, suri and case allways interacting with the children everyday left my daughter and my friends daughter missing them when we left they work very hard there should be some sort of incentives for them to be given for their hard work. Holiday wad great apart from the wasps ants and the sickness bug ,would I recommend yes I would but for the summertime when it's busy October is to quiet

• Stayed October 2012
Solihull, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

This was our second time at the Hotel America having visited during the last week of the season in 2011. We noticed NO drop in standards and once again the restaurant was particularly well organised. The hotel was much busier this year but there was never problem finding a table and very little queuing for food or drinks. There was always a good selection of food and the dishes were replenished frequently. I noticed nothing that seemed cold when it should not have been. Being a buffet your meals are not cooked to order. If you want your meals cooked to order and piping hot then dig deeper and don’t go all inclusive. As it was we enjoyed soup, lovely salads, a good choice of main meal and some really nice deserts. I made a point of complementing the same lady as last year that overseas the restaurant on how well organised it was.
Reading this years reviews I emailed the hotel directly and asked them to confirm our booking for a room on a higher floor with a balcony. This they did and within two minutes of arrival we were issued with armbands and the key to our room on the 5th floor overlooking the beach. Similar to last year the entertainment had moved inside so no problems with noise from downstairs. No problems with noise at all unless you mind the sound of the wind from the ventilation shaft in the bathroom, we didn’t.
Rooms are cleaned every day and I had now worries leaving our valuables in the room, not something I would normally feel comfortable with. We had a truly fantastic view from the room and it was nice to lie in bed at night watching the lights reflecting on the water. We found the room and facility’s very good. Loved the bidet, which was very exhilarating. Good shower as well. All the public areas of the hotel are very nice with good quality furnishings of four star standard.
Last year we hired a car at the airport after paying for the transfer but being put off by bad reviews of the transfer. While it was nice to be able to visit areas not easily accessible by bus such as Cala Figuera, Arta, Alcúdia, Puerto Pollensa and the Northern Mountains, It was not such a relaxing holiday and the time taken to pickup and return the vehicle has to be considered.
This year we opted for the cheap and cheerful shuttle transport provided by Altura. Yes bang on two hours but it was interesting to see parts of Cala d`Or and Porto Colom where the coach stops to drop off on the way. Granted with small children in the middle of the night it may not be fun. I can honestly say I think we had the best looking hotel of all the ones we stopped at. This year we made bus trips from right outside the hotel to Porto Cristo with its lovely promenade and small shops, and also a day trip to Palma and the cathedral.
The mix of guests at the America was very good, No yobs! (sorry I’m a bit of a snob). Some family’s with young children but the majority this year were older people. English, Scottish, German, Spanish and a few French, Irish, Swiss and Russian.
I swam in both pools and the sea and the sea was slightly warmer. The sea is beautifully clear when it is calm and great for snorkelling around the rocks. On some days it can get rough and you can play in the surf as if it were the Atlantic Ocean.
I find the town area of Calas de Mallorca a little depressing, it seems to have been built to serve a purpose and use up some of the available ready mixed concrete that was left over. There are some nice bargains in the shops though. The cliff walk to the small beach at Cala Antena is very nice and a great way to burn off a few calories (not enough sadly).
OK now the sickness…. We spoke to a half a dozen people that had had someone affected by the ‘bug’. I had begun to think I was immune but on the last day but one felt nauseous and had aching arms and legs. Never sick and no diarrhoea. I had spent the previous day bobbing up and down in the sea though but don’t think that was the reason. I’m sorry for those that had such a bad time of it though and as other people have commented it seems to have affected other hotels in the area. Personally it would not put me off using the Hotel America. We made no attempt to avoid certain foods and drank tap water and had ice cubes in drinks, all of which I would avoid in many other locations. For value for money the America is extremely good. Spotlessly clean, In our case well organised and with a good selection of food. The views from the rooms are fantastic. It was very busy when we stayed and coincided with the Spanish bank holiday weekend so lots of Spanish guests. Not enough glasses so soft drinks served in plastic glasses in the bar at times. Unfortunately people take glasses back to their rooms and never return them. I have to admit we did this.
So great value hotel, no yobs or rowdies would have no problems recommending the Hotel America.

Room Tip: Confirm booking with hotel before arriving. Use some initiative so the fridge stays on when you go o...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dundee, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Went back to this hotel as we had a lovely time last year sadly it has gone downhill so wont be returning.Almost everyone we spoke to had a sickness and diarrhoea bug whilst we were there.It transpires that there has been a virus going round the resort for three months and is getting passed from visitor to visitor.Our three children had it and were sick 5 out of the 9 nights we were there.If this was a hotel in Britain Im sure they would have stopped taking in visitors due to this epidemic in order that it does not continue to go full circle.Cleaners did not wear plastic gloves when cleaning up dirty sheets with vomit despite being told about it therefore Im sure this contributed to cross infection.Food was not of same quality as last year and was always luke warm.Drinks appeared to be watered down.On a better note entertainment staff were excellent.
When receptionist was questioned about whether authorities should be notified about sickness epidemic they said no as no one had arranged for a doctor to see them.This is despite the fact we witnessed 2 other people reporting sickness bug to them one of whom had seen the doctor and paid out about 250 euro between doc and prescription.We paid 55 euro for medication from pharmacy.
On checking with travel insurance there is a form that could be completed and send to authorities when sickness reported.I suspect that if this was done for everyone who had reported sickness the hotel would have been shut down until situation was controlled.Extremely disappointed that we have saved our hard earned cash to have such a miserable time.Beds were extremely hard and difficult to sleep on due to poor quality of mattress.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
MATIAS M, Community Manager at Hotel Globales America, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Guest,

First of all, thank you very much for your time spent on write the sensations obtained during your stay at Hotel Globales America.

However we feel sorry that some items of the hotel were not up to your expectations. That is something that concerns us, because we work very hard every day in order to offer completely satisfactory stays to our customers.

We are doing a full investigation about the problem you mentioned, improvement in all our service are an ongoing process.

We will pass on your comments to all staff, please be assured that we will take them all into consideration.

Once again thank you for your review,

Wish you all the best,
Matías Melo.
Selby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Just got back from a week at Hotel America. It was brilliant the food was all nice and offered a variety of different meals for both lunch and dinner.. Reception was friendly when I had to report the wooden frame dangling from the front of my room door. Kids club basic it is more suited for 6yrs and above but my 4year old son loved the kids disco everynight, I cant comment about the evening entertainment as went upto bed due to travelling with my son. Never struggled for a sunbed, or queues at meal times or the bar but it is October. There is a lot of different nationalities.

The only downfall (which isnt the hotels fault) is book a private transfer as it took us 2 1/2 hours from hotel to the airport which is a bit of a nightmare with a young child.

Room Tip: we stayed in the main building 2nd floor as there was no lift in the annex.
Crewe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Just returned 3 days ago and this is the first review I have ever written. I am talking from a personal point of view as I also read reviews after I booked the holiday,and was really wary.We stayed for 14 days and we had a great time and are going to book again for next year, On arrival the receptionist said we were on the first floor and the view was not brilliant. but if we went back to her the next morning we could be moved to the 8th floor but we decided to stay as we really only sleep in our room.We found reception staff lovely. I agree the food might not be hot enough for some people but microwave if thats the case there are 2 you can use. We found there was quite a large choice of food, but I love to try different things when I go abroard. I loved the area, bit this is the first time there so could not compare to previous visits. We went to the pool area at different times of the day and never had a problem finding a sunbead we had clean towels daily, clean sheets every 2 days, and we must have been lucky because the bed was really comfy, and I suffer with a really bad back problem. We only ever waited a few minutes to be seved at the bars we used, and the staff were brill with a great sense of humour. I really must say even though we had no children with us Kevin one of the animation team was fantastic. what an asset to any hotel.There seems to be some sort of bug in the area because we spoke to several people from different hotels and they too had been ill, so I do not think it has anything specifically to the America,even though I was ill myself. My advice to people is make up your own mind as we are all individual, and what suits one person will not suit another.This is just my review from my holiday,and I do not often return to the same place twice, but I am returning here because It was so lovely and I am totally chilled out, and for what you pay its good value for money.

Room Tip: Talking to fellow guest they seem to recomend floors 4 to 8 overlooking pool area for the views. I f...
Lanarkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Party people and those who moan about wanting fish and chips this is not for you. For those who understand different is good then what a great time you will have. Food and drink availible from first thing till midnight via cooked brekkie/burgers & topasties, pizza/pasta, BBQ and evening dinner. We were there for 10 days and ate out for a wee change three times, there was always something you could find (especially seafood lovers like me) Great location 2 mins down steepish stairs to a very busy beautiful beach but go down early evening much quieter . The hotel has many terraces so you will find a quite spot somewhere or beside the very busy pool if thats your thing, there is a culture of syn bed reserving (mostly by the English, Not Germans) There is a bus stop right outside the hotel for very cheap visits to the Caves of drach, and several resorts. The staff were very friendly (try OLa, Gracias and Por Favor you will get a smile). All inclusive will become repetative if you dont try a couple of meals out and the indian less than five minutes walk is fantastic, you will have a delay as they make most things fresh so order a bottle of wine (very reasonable) and just chill. We had a fantastic great value for money holiday, unlikely to return as I never do that but for those looking for a peacful chilled holiday with "wee trips" then I highly recommend.

Room Tip: Avoid low floors, the view is better higher up
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Globales America? Share your experiences!