I stayed here with my husband in September 2013, I'd already heard positive things about this hotel and the area of Calas de Mallorca, and it really didn't disappoint.
We received a very warm welcome, the reception staff were very friendly and helpful, and communication was never a problem. Our room was cleaned every day, although the small bottles of soap and shampoo waiting for us on arrival weren't replaced throughout the week, leaving us to purchase our own from the hotel shop. However the room, balcony and bathroom were well presented and hygienic. It's true there is a remarkable amount of wasps in the pool area, but I don't think wasps are endemic to this hotel, and as long as cups were cleared away after use they didn't present a problem for us.
The food and drinks were excellent, the restaurant offered a fantastic choice every day, all meat was recognisable and edible (a real plus after numerous holidays in Turkey and Tunisia) and there was a good choice of fresh salad and vegetables, along with national options such as paella. We didn't feel fed up of the food as we usually do on all inclusive holidays, and could have gladly lived off it for another week! The drinks were equally as good, being 4 months pregnant I stuck to Pepsi and other soft drinks, but I'm told that the alcohol was lovely!!
The hotel entertainment was watchable most nights, however there was one occasion - a musical comedy show - where we felt we wouldn't have missed anything by going to bed early. We enjoyed nightly bingo games on holiday in other parts of Europe, but this entertainment team didn't run official games, they kept all cash and instead gave out cheap toys as prizes. Not really a big deal, however it put us off paying 5 euros every evening for the rest of the trip.
Calas de Mallorca is a lovely place. The hotel was about a 15-20 minute walk to the town, but we knew this when we booked and even in my pregnant condition, it wasn't a difficult journey. The area is quiet and very well-kept, people are very UK-friendly (again, a refreshing change from other holiday destinations) and there are plenty of places to eat and drink - and all are reasonable in price. There is a local bus service going to nearby places, including Cuevas del Drach and Porto Cristo which aren't far and are well worth visiting.
Overall, it was a fantastic holiday, the hotel provided all we were looking for, and I wouldn't think twice about bringing my young family again in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- IN GENERAL: The 3* hotel HSM Canarios Park is especially focused on families, offering all kind of facilities and services to make the holidays unforgettable for both parents and children. All inclusive board, spacious areas to practice different sports and our fantastic entertainment team guarantee good fun. The hotel is open from May to October. LOCATION: The hotel HSM Canarios Park is situated in Calas de Mallorca, a small resort in the south east part of the island, 70 km away from Palma de Mallorca and 60 km from the airport. The area is known thanks to the tourism, which began in the 60s and nowadays offers a wide range of hotels, shops, bars and restaurants. The resort has 3 charming beaches: Cala Antena (the closest one, 400 m away), which is distinguished by the verticality of its coast. The other 2 beaches: Domingos Gran and Domingos Petit, are located 400 m away from the village centre and 1,5 km away from the hotel (there is a free transport service to the beach Domingos Gran). In the proximity there is Porto Cristo (15 km away), a lovely village with its famous Caves of Drach. Nearby there are many beautiful caves with spectacular views, as well as small and authentic fishing villages which complement the advantages of this hardly known area, but over the years has become more and more appreciated and chosen by tourists. ROOMS: The hotel offers double and single rooms with a cozy and up-to-date decoration. All of the rooms include a bathroom, ceiling fan, safety deposit box (extra charge), telephone, WIFI (extra charge), satellite TV and balcony! Single rooms have a shower. There are some rooms that can allocate families with 2 children (on request). GASTRONOMY: The hotel offers an all inclusive food and beverage package. The extensive buffet includes a wide selection of cold and hot dishes, as well as a big variety of desserts and fruit. The restaurant also offers some dishes prepared instantly in show cooking. The all inclusive meal package includes (besides 3 main meals) snacks between meals and an assortment of different beverages! (Beverages, hot drinks, alcohol) and ice cream throughout the whole day! FACILITIES: The hotel boasts of spacious terraces with 2 swimming pools for adults, and another one for children. The pools are surrounded by sunbeds and sunshades. Bar service is offered at both pools. Inside of the facilities there are large, cozy common areas, a game room, video arcades and an indoor bar. CHILDREN: Children enjoy their stay in HSM Canarios Park, as the hotel was designed with children in mind! They can play at the swimming pool, playground or mini golf area (accompanied by the hotel entertainers). Our funny mascot we call Sami joins the children in different games and activities. Baby cots and high chairs are also available in the restaurant, at no extra cost. ADDITIONAL SERVICES: 24/7 reception. WIFI in common areas (no extra charge), WIFI in hotel rooms (extra charge), Internet corner (extra charge). Rent a car. We accept both Visa and MasterCard credit cards. SPORT AND ENTERTAINMENT: Daytime and evening entertainment, shows or live music various times per week. Mini club for children. Various sports courts to practice tennis, football, volleyball, French bowls, squash, etc. Billiards (extra charge), table tennis and mini golf in the complex. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your HSM Canarios Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hsm Canarios Park Hotel Calas De Majorca
- HSM Canarios Park Majorca/Calas De Majorca, Spain