We went to this hotel with an open mind as the reviews were very mixed but we were so impressed with it! I can honestly say I have no idea what these people are moaning about??
The food was a great selection - it was a bit repetitive but there was always something to eat. There was a wide selection of salad bits and bobs and loads of other things. Some of the reviews were saying all there was were pizza and chips (there is only this is that's what you choose) - and you can tell these people a mile a way. Nothing was inedible - we were surprised at how good the food actually was!!
We were amazed at how clean they kept the hotel, especially in the dining room - there was always a member of staff there cleaning the floor around the food area and cleaning up near all the different foods and making sure they were topped up - nothing was ever empty for long.
The all inclusive was fantastic - I have stayed at hotels before where the all inclusive stops at 10 pm for drinks etc - midnight is great! And the beer and drinks are lovely.
Not to far away from the centre - heard people moaning that the hotel was in the middle of no where??? That isn't the case - fair enough it is a quiet hotel so it isn't right next to all of the bars but if you were to look on a map at where the hotel was before you came you would see this. It was about 4 euros in a taxi to the centre or there was a free shuttle bus which took you down to the beach - we did this a few times when we were just going to town as the beach is very close to the town centre. (That is the main beach not the beach near to the hotel)
Like the other reviews I would say that the transfer did take a long time - but I think it is just how lucky you are - we know people where the transfer took under 2 hours! But when you book a transfer, surely you know that you are going to be dropping lots of people off. So I don't know how everyone else feels but we were expecting it to take a long time anyway. Going back to the airport was very quick 1 hour and half like was meant to be coming. So I wouldn't waste money on getting a taxi back to the airport if you really didn't enjoy the transfer there.
What I would say about this hotel (and it isn't a moan its just a suggestion) that if you are taking a pram with you I would request with the hotel you get a low floor - mainly because the lifts are quite temperamental. It isn't a major problem but we were on the sixth floor and had to walk up there quite a lot and we know that if we had gone last year when our daughter was in a pram then we would not have been able to cope.
Overall I would say this hotel is fantastic value for money, even though I never go to a hotel twice, I will definitely be keeping this hotel in mind if I need to book somewhere cheap which I know is good. The company which own this hotel have a chain of other hotels so we will be looking into where those are, because if they are as good value for money - we will definitely be trying one of those!!!
I would say just book it if you are considering it. The weather was fantastic! The hotel brilliant! Food and Drink more than good enough for what you pay! Animation team friendly! And 100% for cleanliness!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- IN GENERAL: The 3* hotel HSM Canarios Park is especially focused on families, offering all kind of facilities and services to make the holidays unforgettable for both parents and children. All inclusive board, spacious areas to practice different sports and our fantastic entertainment team guarantee good fun. The hotel is open from May to October. LOCATION: The hotel HSM Canarios Park is situated in Calas de Mallorca, a small resort in the south east part of the island, 70 km away from Palma de Mallorca and 60 km from the airport. The area is known thanks to the tourism, which began in the 60s and nowadays offers a wide range of hotels, shops, bars and restaurants. The resort has 3 charming beaches: Cala Antena (the closest one, 400 m away), which is distinguished by the verticality of its coast. The other 2 beaches: Domingos Gran and Domingos Petit, are located 400 m away from the village centre and 1,5 km away from the hotel (there is a free transport service to the beach Domingos Gran). In the proximity there is Porto Cristo (15 km away), a lovely village with its famous Caves of Drach. Nearby there are many beautiful caves with spectacular views, as well as small and authentic fishing villages which complement the advantages of this hardly known area, but over the years has become more and more appreciated and chosen by tourists. ROOMS: The hotel offers double and single rooms with a cozy and up-to-date decoration. All of the rooms include a bathroom, ceiling fan, safety deposit box (extra charge), telephone, WIFI (extra charge), satellite TV and balcony! Single rooms have a shower. There are some rooms that can allocate families with 2 children (on request). GASTRONOMY: The hotel offers an all inclusive food and beverage package. The extensive buffet includes a wide selection of cold and hot dishes, as well as a big variety of desserts and fruit. The restaurant also offers some dishes prepared instantly in show cooking. The all inclusive meal package includes (besides 3 main meals) snacks between meals and an assortment of different beverages! (Beverages, hot drinks, alcohol) and ice cream throughout the whole day! FACILITIES: The hotel boasts of spacious terraces with 2 swimming pools for adults, and another one for children. The pools are surrounded by sunbeds and sunshades. Bar service is offered at both pools. Inside of the facilities there are large, cozy common areas, a game room, video arcades and an indoor bar. CHILDREN: Children enjoy their stay in HSM Canarios Park, as the hotel was designed with children in mind! They can play at the swimming pool, playground or mini golf area (accompanied by the hotel entertainers). Our funny mascot we call Sami joins the children in different games and activities. Baby cots and high chairs are also available in the restaurant, at no extra cost. ADDITIONAL SERVICES: 24/7 reception. WIFI in common areas (no extra charge), WIFI in hotel rooms (extra charge), Internet corner (extra charge). Rent a car. We accept both Visa and MasterCard credit cards. SPORT AND ENTERTAINMENT: Daytime and evening entertainment, shows or live music various times per week. Mini club for children. Various sports courts to practice tennis, football, volleyball, French bowls, squash, etc. Billiards (extra charge), table tennis and mini golf in the complex. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your HSM Canarios Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hsm Canarios Park Hotel Calas De Majorca
- HSM Canarios Park Majorca/Calas De Majorca, Spain