Spent a week in October 2012, the low season, just a week before the entire complex closes for the winter. This definitely qualifies as a three-star facility, so in that regard you get what you pay for. The beds had stiff mattresses and flat, thin pillows, with crisp cotton sheets and a simple blanket bedspread. The extra beds are the actual couches in the living room, not pull-outs with proper mattresses. There was a tiny TV hanging from the ceiling corner in the living room that offered a few channels, including BBC. The kitchenette has a European-sized fridge and two burners, sink, utensils, etc. You can't drink the tap water (Americans drink theirs, so this is something new for us). Buy bottled water at the little grocery store just across the street from the entrance. There's a lovely balcony with table/chairs with a view to the pool. We didn't use the pool but it looked lovely. There's also access to the sea on the other side of the street in the Azul Park area. The entire resort (this piece plus two others, Cala Azul Park and Cala Esmeralda) was clean and very well maintained.
The breakfast and dinner buffets were great, located a 5-minute walk away in the Cala Azul Park reception building. They feed a LOT of people very well. I'm pretty certain I didn't get much Spanish food besides the one paella dish they served nightly, plus a couple of interesting desserts. We often skipped lunch! All drinks are extra, including water.
There was nightly entertainment in the Cala Azul Park area, first for kids (up to about 10 in age, max). There was a Flamenco demonstration one night but it was quite cheesy so we left. There are several restaurants along the street with outside seating, for enjoying a nice pitcher of sangria :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the south-east coast of Mallorca, the hotel is situated at a distance of 150m from the beaches of Cala Esmeralda and Cala Ferrera and about 800m from the centre of Cala D'Or. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Inturotel Cala Azul Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inturotel Cala Azul Garden Hotel Cala d`Or
- Cala Azul Garden d Or
- Cala Azul Garden Hotel
- Inturotel Cala Azul Garden Cala D'Or, Majorca