“Enormously Disappointing” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Enormously Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

We had noticed this restaurant at the entrance to the marina on several occasions and thought how attractive and modern it looked. There always seemed to be a good level of diners which we thought equalled satisfaction. With hindsight, however, these poor people were probably still waiting to have their meal. On the night we went, once our order for drinks and food had been taken (8.45pm with drinks delivered promptly), a waiter approached us saying that there would be a slight delay with our food and gave us a bowl of olives for our trouble. The trouble was that three other tables who came in after us were served before us. Eventually my husband and two teenage (15 and 17) children were served once I chased up the order; I was still left waiting .. and waiting. When it arrived, my dish was more a case of style over substance (monkfish en croute with Iberico ham and tomato confit) : a tower of pastry with an overwhelming amount of ham so much so that the monkfish stood no chance; tomato confit defies description) Also the long wait (an hour+) had rather dampened our appetite. My chilldren left at 10.45 to meet up with friends and my husband and I trudged back to our apartment in a dejected fashion. Normally, I would have complained and sought a discount but we had a plane to catch in a few days. Needs to smarten up its service to complement its decor. Overall abysmal.

• Visited August 2012