“Excellent Family Restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Neath, United Kingdom
“Excellent Family Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Whilst this establishment is not in the heart of the Cala D'or Bistro scene and has no flashy frills, the service quality and price are perhaps the best in Cala D'or that we had experienced. This has been a family run restaurant since 1981 and the passion to give the holiday maker a warm and pleasant experience. Moises (the son) was especially knowledgeable and enthusiastic about his island and whilst we like to explore we found this a fantastic insight into the island. We visited this restaurant several times and we were never disappointed with a meal, and the coffee was excellent too. When we return to Majorca we will definitely return to Cala D'or and Definitely go back to Celler Ca's Brau and finish our meal with Creme Limoncello (a superb drink discovery courtesy of Moises)

Visited September 2013

• Polish first
Dublin
“Nice spot for tapas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We went here on recommendation of family members - it was very quiet on the night we visited (it is slightly out of the main eating area). One son chose a tropical pizza and couldn't finish it as it was so large. The other son joined us for a selection of tapas - bread and aoili, meatballs, calamari (piping hot and delicious), grilled vegetables (very tasty and included a couple of slices of grilled pineapple), patatas bravas (yum), a tomato and mozzarella salad (drizzled in balsamic and topped with fresh basil and mushrooms in garlic. All were delicious and there wasn't a scrap leftover. Probably better for lunch than dinner but no complaints on the lovely flavours of the food.

Visited October 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Worst food I havve EVER had!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I ate here in May 2013, as the reviews online looked good. I'm not sure if any of these people have ever had anything else apart from McDonalds, as I can assure you there is no way on Earth that food is even edible!!! Me and my sister had around 8 tapas as we were hungry, so you'd expect that if one's not great, that at least one out of 8 would be edible. Where do I start? The prawns were off they smelled really really fishy, then the octopus was horrible- just boiled and with some chilly powder chucked over it and a bogey-looking sauce ( not cheap at 8 euros the portion either), we had some cheesy potatoes that were stale and reheated, some fish nibbles and that fish stank ( on the menu it said that kit was fished that morning and that was definitely not the case) and lastly my sister had some mussels that were closed - mussels should always be open if they are fresh, if they are closed it's a sign that they're not fresh ( my sister worked in the sea food industry and she does know her fish)..

overall the only fresh dish were some roasted peppers, only 4 of them on the plate and highly overpriced though. We complained about the food and the waiter was horrendously rude!! Looked us up and down, took the mussels back untouched and charged us for them although they were off. Overall I ate a roasted pepper and payed £60 for it, I'd rather starve to death than EVER go there in my life!
The staff were chatting at the back together with a group that looked like the owners and they were hostile, could not be bothered to smile or even be polite before we even ordered our food we wanted to stand up and leave as we felt like our presence was unwanted. They definitely couldn't be bothered to serve us as we were the only ones in the restaurant and they were far more interested in having a laugh and a joke at the back. It took 40 minutes to get our beers and that's with no-one else to serve!!!

If you know your food and you have any sort of standards, DO NOT go there!!!! You will most definitely be disappointed! This is not a place with simple authentic Spanish food as it advertises, it's a dump where you're served left overs that I wouldn't give to my dog at ridiculous prices! I have eaten far better for much cheaper in Cala d'or!!
I am sorry I haven't taken some pictures, but I didn't have my camera with me. At the time we wanted to complain to the local authorities as that food would have given us food poisoning as it was sooo off.. we left the next day and I left it all behind me but when I saw the good reviews online it just angered me that anyone can be soo blinded as to give this place more than a star!!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
moises M, Gerente at Celler Ca's Brau, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
First I want to transmit my doubts on the veracity of the critique, since there are many things that do not correspond with the reality and anyone that has been a client of our restaurant can be affirmed by it roundly.

We don´t have potatoes with cheese neither in the menu nor entire mussels, only we have mussels of half a shell that guarantee that the product is correct.

This plate of boiled octopus that you mention is an octopus to the Galician, a traditional Spanish recipe that does not take any sauce above as you fat salt and piquant paprika says only The prices they do not agree with the reality, since the octopus does not cost 8 Euros it costs more.

We do not have personnel in our alone restaurant work the family, and again leave me to show my doubt in which his beers were late 40 min in coming I am the first one in bringing rapidly the drink in order that they consume more and furthermore if there is nobody in the place.

we never say that the kinds of anchovy are fished in the morning it nor puts it in the letter as you say, but if we guarantee that this in good conditions and fresh air.

They have never returned 7 plates to me in poor condition and if any day they were doing it to me I believe that it would leave the restaurant, if this way it was why I do not call the police or did it put some claim in ours against? Not in Birmingham but here in Spain complaints registers exist in every business at the disposal of the client in which you can present a complaint before the authorities if it is not satisfied.

Gracias por su opinión!
íatentamente Moisés Martin.

En primer lugar quiero transmitir mis dudas sobre la veracidad de la crítica, ya que hay muchas cosas que no se corresponden con la realidad y cualquier persona que ha sido un cliente de nuestro restaurante se puede afirmar rotundamente por ella.

No tenemos patatas con queso en el menú ni mejillones enteros, sólo tenemos mejillones de la mitad de una cáscara que garantiza que el producto es correcta.

Este plato de pulpo cocido que usted menciona es pulpo a la gallega, una receta tradicional española que no tiene salsa por encima solo sal gorda y pimentón picante
los precios no están de acuerdo con la realidad, ya que el pulpo no costará 8 euros que cuesta más.

No tenemos personal en nuestro trabajo solo restaurante de la familia, y de nuevo me dejan de mostrar mi duda de que sus cervezas tardaron 40 minutos en llegar yo soy el primero en llevar rápidamente la bebida con el fin de que consumen más y, además, si no hay nadie en el lugar.

Nunca decimos que los boquerones son pescados por la mañana ni lo pone en la carta como dice usted, pero si garantizamos que esta en buenas condiciones y fresco.

Nunca me han devuelto 7 platos en mal estado y si algún día me lo hicieran creo que dejaría el restaurante, si así fue ¿Por qué no llamo a la policía o puso alguna reclamación en nuestra contra? no se en Birmingham pero aquí en España existen hojas de reclamaciones en cada negocio a disposición del cliente en las que usted puede presentar una queja ante las autoridades si no está contento.

atentamente Moisés Martin
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Good Spanish food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Freshly cooked tapas. Excellent tasty choices and the veal was very good too. Reasonably priced good value

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Good Spanish food and a pleasant atmosphere.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

This restaurant is only a short distance from the main tourist area, but this seems to make a big difference to the atmosphere, which is quiet and relaxed. The service is pleasant and the food is good, especially the traditional Spanish dishes.

• Visited September 2013