Just returned from a weeks holiday with my Hubby and 2 children, ages 9 & 2. We booked this last minute, so wasnt really sure what to expect, looked at other reviews and were quite pleased with what we had booked.
The hotel is lovely, there are 3 small blocks, we were in block A, room 1118 right next to the reception which i was a little concerned about when we first arrived, but it wasnt a problem, it was fine. The room was spotless, large 1 bedroom, with a very well equipt kitchen area and the Aircon was great. The nicest room i think we have ever stayed in, of all the places we have stayed as a family, all except for the balcony view, but that is my only real complaint, if you stay here you have to try and get a pool view even a garden view in the savinar block, our view was round the back, ground floor looking at a hedge, a big hedge! lol...we did try to change our room but the hotel was fully booked, we only booked 5 days before we went so we had no choice of view, although my hubby was not very happy about it, he loves to sit out on the balcony with a drink he soon relaxed about it, as every thing else was so nice.
The whole hotel, pools and grounds are spotless, the restaurant has a great selection of food, something for everyone, and we found all of the staff very friendly, especially two, who made a fuss of my son at meal times and made him boats out of napkins, simple things!
Entertainment was a good mix, a mini disco for little ones, reptile show, flamenco dancers...
We spent most of the holiday on the beach and came back to the hotel around 5ish and went in the pool for an hour before tea, its not easy to get a sun bed at that time but it didnt matter to us, not sure how easy it would be in a morning. We were told towels were moved off unused beds, but we never saw anyone enforcing this.
We're a beach Family so we used to go down to the beach about 9ish to get a sunbed, after 10am they would have all gone. 2 sunbeds and parasol 13Euro, but worth it.
The beach is small and gets really busy, but its a lovely cove and there's boats coming and going all day, lovely and clean, good toilets and the Melon man selling fruit, mad as a box of frogs! but lovely..
The location is about 5 mins walk from the Beach and 2 mins from the main square of nice bars, resaurants and shops, great family atmosphere. We loved the location, hotel and the room, the balcony would have been the icing on the cake, next time we will make sure we get a pool view, we would definitely return to this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4 star resort, opened in June 2001, and because of its excellent location, facilities and careful service, make it ideal for couples and families who are looking for a special place for their holidays. At 500m from the beaches of Cala D'Or and Cala Gran and at 300m from the "Cala Llonga" marina. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Inturotel Sa Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inturotel Sa Marina & Es Sivinar Hotel Cala d`Or
- Inturotel Sa Marina And Es Sivinar
- Sa Marina Cala Dor
- Sa Marina Aparthotel
- Inturotel Sa Marina Cala D'Or, Majorca