“rubbish” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Bath, United Kingdom
“rubbish”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

if you like german nazi youth type hanging about....horrible and noisy and full of pool tables..crappy place

Dublin, Ireland
“Don't go Upstairs”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

On a recent trip to Majorca we were walking along the street and we were approached by a bouncer outside Upstairs Bar so we ventured in thinking it was a nightclub more than a bar judging from the music coming from there. Two girls on a night out and it was really our first night out in Majorca. An Italian spoke to us as we were sitting at the bar so we chatted with him a bit. All of a sudden the barman came over to us and said 'The owner wants to buy you a drink'. We both looked left to see who the owner was but there was no one there. As we had a drink in front of us we politely said no thank you and as we didn't see the owner we decided it wasn't safe to be taking drinks from 'the owner' we could not see. All of a sudden like out of no where the barman started to shout abuse at us but to myself in particular. He went frantic and started yelling 'you are so negative'.He stepped away a bit from our view and then one of the waitresses came over and went 'Girls, why so negative you are on holidays'. We just looked blankly at each other not knowing where it was coming from and then the barman who was the OWNER came back and hurled more insults calling me a racist. We put two and two together. At this point I was getting very scared so myself and my friend fled the bar. We did think of making a complaint to the police as it was a shocking experience. We ended up going back to our apartment as we got a real shock. I thought the barman was going to hit me.

I would seriously advise women if they are travelling on their own not to go into this bar because chances if the OWNER likes you and you don't take one of his shots it could get very dangerous. I was absolutely appalled by his violent temper. The bar was suprisingly quiet compared to the bar below it and now we know why!

My advise to anyone in Majorca is as the other comment I have read on this states 'Don't go upstairs'.

Visited September 2012
West Midlands
“Plenty of other bars in Cala D'Or”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

To echo a few of the other reviews:

Lured in by the promise of a free shot - that you get AFTER you have ordered other drinks at an expensive cost compared to other surrounding bars!

My daughter and I went to sit down by the edge of the balcony but because only 2 of us the manager immediately told us that we couldn't sit there - and directed us to a smaller less attractive table!

The manager prowled constantly - bringing free shots out to those he 'liked' and ignoring everyone else! Felt decidedly uncomfortable rather than relaxed and couldn't wait to leave & go back to the friendly english bar down the road!!

This could be a lovely bar if not for the expensive drinks & the manager who clearly favours some clients (big spenders or pretty girls) over others ....

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Better cocktails elsewhere”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Had a poor quality Strawberry Daquiri plus it was expensive. You can get better & cheaper elsewhere. Staff were friendly and helpful

“Quiet”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Went there in the evening and was surprisingly quiet. Seemed nice enough though. Nice restaurants in the street next to it.