We booked 12 nights All Inclusive in an apartment at Ferrera Blanca. We stayed in Block 15 on second floor which overlooked a garden area and quiet road, but we had asked for a quiet room close to all the amenties. We got what we asked for.
There is a small Mickey Mouse shaped pool outside the apartment door, but there was no noise whatsever as the balcony is on the other side of the apartment which was not overlooked at all. The room is contemporary in style and very clean, and probably the best type of apartment accomodation we have stayed in on Majorca. We had a small kitchenette with fridge, hob, microwave and crockery, a separate bedroom and lounge area (converted to beds for the kids at night - a bit uncomfortable for adults though), Wet room style bathroom (v nice, but no area to store toiletries, but had a hairdryer) and very large balcony. It was air conditioned which was needed. Ideal size for our party of 2 adults and 1 child.
The AI was v good quality and value, and money well spent in our opinion. To be able to help ourselves to soft drinks, beers and endless ice creams all day, then 3 meals a day was brilliant. Some families we met were staying Self Catering and they said they had spent a fortune on eating out and provisions as the exchange rate is so poor at the minute. The only major grumbles we had were that the fruit juices at breakfast were not fresh and were concentrated drinks machine fodder - Foul, and that the hotel is very spread out and a porter service should of been provided at check in.
The entertainment was what you made of it. You could easily get away from the holiday camp style shows, but our child loved the entertainers and the mini disco which happens at every hotel every evening in every resort in Spain. The staff worked extremely hard, and though the shows were very cheesy in parts, we saw the work behind it and the staff appeared to believe in what they were doing and did not come across as cynical at all. We did not take part in the daytime activities as we decided that we spend our holidays together as a family, but they looked like fun and well organised.
We had a car for the duration of out stay and visited Marineland near Palma, don't be fooled by reception that they sell discounted tickets, they were the same price at they were on the gate. Marineland was good for the sealion, dolphin and parrot shows and had a good kids pool playground, but the rest was not really memorable. Good place to visit if the weather isn't so good i suppose.
We also visited a lovely beach resort at Colonia de Sant Jordi. The beach was fantastic and well worth the 40 mins drive to it.
I would stay there again and if you do your research before you book anywhere, you should have no reason to complain
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the most exceptional areas of the Mediterranean, the East coast of Majorca, is known for its fantastic white sandy beaches with crystalline water and beautiful landscapes. This aparthotel in Cala d'Or, for its outstanding hospitality, delicious gastronomy and tastefully refurbished rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Aparthotel Ferrera Blanca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Ferrera Blanca Hotel Cala d`Or
- Aparthotel Ferrera Blanca Cala D'Or, Majorca