“Wish we were there now” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Levante

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cala Bona
Hotel Levante
You added Hotel Levante to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Paseo Maritimo 15, 07559 Cala Bona, Majorca, Spain   |
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Cala Bona
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cardiff
“Wish we were there now”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We came back from our holiday to this Hotel yesterday and once again had a fabulous time, meeting up with friends, lovely food, the rooms had been refurbished since last year and looked more modern, and all in all a good time. It is nice to see a Hotel trying to sort out the problems with towels being left on sun beds and nobody being there. If sun beds are reserved and not occupied by 8.30am there is a yellow card left and if they are still unoccupied by 9.30am there is a red card left and the towels and personal possessions are taken away. This seemed to work as when my husband and I were going to the beach around 10am, there were still sun beds available. Cant wait to book for next year.

Room Tip: Depending what you want from your stay here, if you have rooms overlooking pool and beach, they have...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
middlesbrough
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Recently returned from our sixth consecutive visit to the Levante and once again had a wonderful time. It was lovely to see Pete & Pat & Reg again and we look forward to seeing you all again next year.
We thought the refurb brightened the rooms up, food was good as always, thomson rep shows were the best we had ever seen but they were made to perform too often to make up for the lack of professional shows. No Rod Stewart, no Drifters, No Platters, Duff commedians. Thomson need to spend more money to bring the entertainment back up to their GOLD standard. We noticed lots of guests including ourselves spending most evenings in the square listening to the entertainment provided by the Cala Bona Hotel which was never as good but is now better than the Levante.

Sunbed situation as it always is, it will never be resolved unless they consistently monitor the pool area and remove all towels on empty beds before 10am (like they do in Tenerife) which stops the majority of people from getting up in the middle of the night to put their towels down.

Many people complain about the noise if their room overlooks the entertainment area, but we prefer to have our room here so we can sit on our balcony and watch the different acts. We usually ask the hotel in advance for particular rooms and in previous years they have always accomodated us but unfortunately were unable to do so this year despite us been their for two weeks and requesting a room move several times during our stay. However this has not deterred us and we will be back next year, hopefully in the rooms we request, to enjoy the very good service that the staff and management of the Levante provide.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Rayleigh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Spent 10 days at the Hotel Levante in June of this year. The Hotel is situated right on the beach with fantastic views of the mediteranean, flanked by the island. Its sister hotel The Levante Park is opposite and the annex is adjacent in a small side road. Both hotels have pools and those located in the annex can use the facilities at both.
The Hotel is spacious, welcoming and exceptionally clean. Rooms are well furnished and the food and variety is superb.
Located around 200 meters from the harbour front the hotel is ideal for an evenings stroll around Cala Bona, and for the more adventurous Cala Millor is within easy reach.
Shops and supermarkets are on the doorstep along with bike and motorcycle hire, and there is a wide choice of good restaurants and bars around the harbour, tucked away just off the front and throughout the resort of Cala Millor
The boat trips from the harbour are well worth the twenty euros per adult and those without sea legs could jump on the open top bus to visit such places as Sa Coma with its wonderful beach, Porto Cristo and the Caves of Drache, be warned if you visit the caves they dont like you using your camera or phone to take photos.
The beach opposite the hotel is man made, the water is clear and calm but quite rocky so beach shoes are recommended. Loungers and parasols are available on beach at a cost of four euros each. This is a standard charge on the island.
When not at the hotel we found the Parrot Bar on the prommenade towards Cala Millor really enjoyable. There is also a small Tapas bar opposite the harbour worth a visit for authentic tapas.
Back to the Hotel as mentioned the food is lovely and the entertainment is top class. Don't miss the resident Thomson Teams show case, they are as good as you will see in the West End. They also have their own individual show cases at the Levante Park if you fancy an evening away from the crowd. Great fun they entertain you with activites throughout the day and are all great individual characters. Some more scatty than others. Thanks Matt, Becky, Charlotte and Martin for making our stay so enjoyable.
There are many older clients at this hotel and at times the pool area can resemble the scene from cocoon : ) lol.........
And the buggers are up at the crack of dawn reserving sunbeds.
Unfortunatley the area around the pools are limited and can be a little cramped but at a cost you can escape to the beach or the sun deck of the Levante
My only criticism would be that the gym closes too early. Rather than locking up at 6 in the evening it would be nice if this was extended to 8-8.30, allowing us men to work up an appetite while her in doors gets ready for the evening.

Room Tip: All upper rooms in The Levante have a sea view and either overlook the pool and beach or the stage a...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

The Levante was recommended to me by a colleague at work. I stayed there for one week on my own. I have travelled on my own but never been on a package holiday. The Levante was lovely. I had a good room looking over to the Gran Sol, the beach and down to the pool. On my first night there I had to sleep with the balcony doors open as I had no idea that I had to 'click' them shut in order to activate the air conditioning. Some visible instructions would have been helpful. I arrived about 2.30am eventually getting to sleep around 4am I was woken up at 5am to the sound of sunbeds and chairs being dragged about, what a fright I got. I assumed it was employees organising the sunbeds for the next day. As I was very tired and it was still dark I couldn't see who it was. I was told later it was guests 'bagging' their beds for the day! For goodness sake it really is quite pathetic. I didn't enter into the madness, as I don't swim the lovely shade covered sun deck was good enough for me. I know the Thomson reps are trying control the problem but I'm not sure it's working. I heard of one shouting match that broke out when one guest put his yellow card onto another sunbed! Perhaps a pre-booking system? Certainly the size of the pool in relation to the size of the hotel doesn't help. Nevertheless I had a great stay and I might even go back. My room, 312, was kept immaculately clean. The staff were always helpful and friendly, especially the young ladies clearing the tables and getting our drinks in the restaurant who worked tirelessly to keep everything running smoothly. Once i got the air conditioning working it was cooling yet not dry and the balcony doors once closed did not let any sounds in, amazing. But I was lucky not to be beside the entertainment area. A beautiful hotel I'm amazed that it isn't rated higher amongst the other Cala Bona hotels.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

My wife and I have been coming to the Levante Hotel for 14/15 years. We have always found it to be a great hotel with excellent service, situated in wonderful location. we have always enjoyed our holiday tremendously,(hence our repeat bookings ) Over the years we have met and remained friends with other guests from many various places in the UK. and meet up with most of them ever year usually booking the same approx dates every year.
This year again we all had a great time, and for our part we will be back again, ( God willing )
But I would like to make what I feel constructive comments. The rooms have been revamped this year,with the wood doors and wardrobes being done in white. Great this really brightens the room. However this revamp has resulted in the loss of draw space etc. We heard lots of guests complaining that they did not really have enough space for their clothes. Other comments were that it is felt that some cutbacks have been made in staffing levels, food selection, and the quality of some of the entertainment. The general consensus was that economic climate has had an effect. I would add that these comments were made by guests who have been coming to the hotel for 20+ years, and can remember when the Levante reigned superior.
I conclude by congratulating and thanking the staff, for their friendly and efficient service at all times, they are a credit to their employer.

Room Tip: Wish I could recommend a good room , but unless you pay extra (quite considerable) for a superior r...
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Recently spent a week at this hotel and found it an excellent all round holiday destination/experience.
Gold reps where spot on with their entertainment programme. Hotel was very clean and choice of food was varied but always a very good standard. Yes the pool area is small but the hotel was built that way many years ago so can not be altered. The reps do their very best to ensure those people who get up at 5am to place their towels on as many beds they think they need that day, who return to their hotel room and then return to their saved sun bed at mid-day DO NOT GET AWAY WITH IT ANY MORE !!!!. We had no problems with getting a sun bed the whole week. Cala Bona is a lovely place and we are going to book for a 2 week holiday next year.

Plymouth, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Just arrived home after a glorious week in the Levante Park. The whole experience was fantastic, the Reps did a creditable job and were on hand during the day and accompany the guests on some excursions. The hotel staff were courteous and always willing to help and the entertainment team were excellent and the shows they put on really good. There are no real problems with the sun-beds as stated in other reviews, we always managed to get one, it may not have had a sun shade though. We will definitely return to the Levante Park.

Room Tip: Rooms that face the entertainment area in the Levante can be noisy until midnight.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Levante? Share your experiences!