“Nice- but the staff are very hasty.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 63 Restaurants in Ca'n Picafort
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Nice- but the staff are very hasty.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

My boyfriend and I visited this restaurant on our last night in C'an Picafort. It was recommended by the reps at our hotel, so gave it a try.
We both ordered pork steaks, one with peppercorn sauce. These were lovely and cooked nicely. The plain pork steak came with salad and chips and the second with peppercorn sauce came with rice and a jacket potato.

The prices aren't exactly value for money, and the atmosphere at the restaurant that night wasn't too friendly as the staff were basically rushing everyone and everything - and it wasn't even that busy. It took us about 5 attempts to catch a waiter to ask for the bill as they just kept walking past ignoring us.

In all, the presentation and food at the restaurant are 5* but the staff and atmosphere are more like 3*.

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Wicklow, Ireland
“Don't bother!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

Based on these reviews we ate here twice in the past 2 weeks. The first time, half the menu wasn't available so we settled on tuna steaks. My husband's was cooked nicely (pink in the centre) but mine was cooked to rubber - not impressed. They weren't child-friendly at all. They had no kids menu, which was fine was my daughter (age 6) prefers adult food, but the waiter refused to serve her anything other than bolognaise or carbonara! She wanted spaghetti with clams but he wouldn't give it to her (first time said it was too spicy, 2nd time said he wasn't going to give a child's portion of this meal). I found the service appalling - both waiters really rude both times. 2nd time the food was even worse. My husband had swordfish which he said was nice, but I ordered Mallorcan cod, thinking that maybe their specials would be better, but it was a disaster. Stone cold (bordering on frozen) in the centre, and scorching hot on the outside with raw (and I mean totally raw!) sliced potatoes underneath. It was revolting.

We figured the 1st visit was probably just bad luck, but 2 visits showed us that this place isn't up to scratch. Take my advice - visit Cas Padri next door - much better food and service.

• Visited August 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Right on the marina”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

Right on the marina of Can Picafort in the quiet and nice end by the light house lies this restaurant with an absolutely adorable sea view and a charming interior.
My husband and I went to Sa Cova specifically because of good reviews on the internet and from our travel agent and we were not disappointed.
I will give 5 stars because of the good quality of the meat compared to the very reasonable price level.
We both had grilled sword fish (see photo) which was a very delicious and large serving. The salad that accompanied the fish really was just a standard salad and the bread we had for starters with olives and aioli was actually not 5 star quality. But the quality of the fish plus the very reasonable bill - 46 euros for two persons including beer, wine and a coffee for my husband with a '103' Brandy and some ice cream for myself - paired with the stunning location and view of this restaurant really makes a visit worthwhile.

• Visited July 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Moscow, Russia
“The Best Restaurant in Ca'n Picafort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2010

Sa Cova is in my opinion the best restaurant in Ca'n Picafort. The food is absolutely delicious. I have never tried better steak in my life! Fish dishes are also very good. Plus, the restaurant serves a good variety of dishes of Mallorcan cuisine, most of which are worth trying. The wine selection is not very wide, but the restaurant has some pretty outstanding Mallorcan wines on the list, as well as a number of excellent cavas. Sangria in Sa Cova is very good also, but beware: though it drinks easily, it is really strong indeed. The atmosphere is very friendly & joyful thanks to the owner of the place & the waiters, especially Javi, who always has a good joke up his sleeve. The interior of the place & the choice of music are impecсable, contibuting to the jolly, yet relaxing, atmosphere of the place.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere