The Talayot gets mostly favourable reviews on trip advisor and im not gonna change that, most of what is said in previous reviews is fairly accurate in my opinion, rather than repeat it all again i will give you my feelings about the hotel.
Firstly the resort of cala millor / cala bona is lovely and flat,fantastic for walkers, the only danger is there is a cycle track right along the walkway tho strangely enough its in the middle of the walking area rather than one side ... beware its not just bikes, its scooters, the large 4 person bikes and even motorised scooters you need eyes in the back of your head at times, the area has been developed in a very customer and environmentally friendly way which is fantastic to see, having not visited this resort for 30 years i was very pleased the way they have designed it (unlike other resorts iv returned to after 20+ years of an absence), this may have something to do with the fairly high german prominence in and around the area, tho dont worry there is still a fairly healthy brittish food and pub scene for those who see this as a must on holiday.
Now to the hotel talayot, its true its general design is slightly older but it did bring back memories of all the early spanish holidays i had during the 80's, where everything thing was in its place and the customer was treated with respect from the hotel staff, from this point the hotel have it spot on, its spotlessly clean, well maintained, basic but has everything you need, i would say it looked slightly understaffed while we were there even tho the hotel was just about full.
The pool area is quite small which wasnt a problem during winter and spring months but i could deffinately see issues during the summer with space and sunbeds, indoor pool was nice although its 20 cents for a blastof the jacuzzi which is inbuilt in the pool., the lounge areas in the hotel are wonderfull with indoor entertainment area which leads onto a conservatory type area which leads onto the outside seating area with wonderful views out over the front walkway and out to see.
Food was fine nothing fancy but more than enough choice - 2 types of soup, around a choice of 10 mian meals and a full salad and pasta bar, and ample fresh fruit and deserts to keep most folk happy ... home made rice was fantastic (yummmy).
Room was more than adaquate with air con ( hot only at this time of year) but was compensated by a large ceiling fan which kept the room nice and cool but not cold, addintional benifit of telephone, safe and a fridge in there as well.
My only grump if you can call it that and i make no appologies for them as they are my personal thoughts are this -
1) 17 euros per week per safe is disgracefull, in this day and age safes should be free or realistically priced at 5 euroes or less per stay, then again the hotel makes around £1800 per week should they hire out all their safes, makes you think the policy wont be changing anytime soon.
2) £17 euros per week fridge hire, slightly different tho as the fridge is a consumable item that will need replacing, my opinion is yes it good to have it there but again well over priced, i would see it being more of a reason to use the hotel again the fact it has that facility rather than a hotel that doesnt but at 17 euro personally feel its overpriced.
3) Apaert from lager/ beer, bar prices are a little steep which i think will loose the hotel custom during the main holiday period.
As i said the above points are only my opinion they didnt detract from my holiday which in itself was a really nice week away from the cold and snow of scotland, in a nice friendly hotel.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline so you can book your Hotel Talayot reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Talayot Hotel Cala Millor
- Talayot Cala Millor
- Hotel Talayot Cala Millor, Majorca