“Just Excellent...” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 64 Hotels in Cala Millor
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Just Excellent...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 7 nights and have just come back today and i could not of asked for a better holiday. On arrival we were greeted by a lovely and welcoming 24 hour reception and checked in with no trouble. Then we were asked if they could help in taking our suitcases up to our room which i found personally excellent as we had a lot of suitcases (special mention to the young man at reception as he is so friendly). As we went up to the room we were shown how to work the safe (recommended if you have a lot of expensive goods) and it was designed and cleaned to a fabulous standard. We booked all inclusive which was a bonus as the meals are fantastic, loads of choice from english breakfast in the morning to chocolate fountains at night. Even the restaurant staff are excellent, they cannot bring you enough drinks and are polite, helpful and funny. Our rooms were cleaned by the maid to a wonderful standard but one of the days we stayed by the pool, luckily my mum went up to our room to get something and as she got out of the lift to walk down the hallway to our room, she saw 2 germans walk into out room whilst the maid was cleaning as she keeps the door open. As she got to the room they were about to walk out onto our balcony, my mum told the maid and told them to get out immediately (this is why it is a good idea to get a safe). This did not stop us from having a fantastic holiday though and will defiantly be going back! Also, the transfer from the hotel to palma airport is not good. Our flight was at 11.00am and we were picked up by the coach at 7.45am... it took 1hr30min to get to the airport which took us to 9.15 but checking in your bag is a complete nightmare. It took just over an hour as we lined up to check in so had no time to browse the duty free shops as you need to be at the gate 45 minutes before your flight.

Room Tip: Ask for a seaview room, the balconies are bigger and the rooms get more sunlight.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Polish first
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

This hotel is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. Every part of the hotel was spotless. The pool is great fun for kids!! The food is delicious!! As the rooms have now been refurbished, They are even better than they were before, more modern, decorative and clean! I recommend this hotel for mainly families but whatever you are I can assure you that this hotel is lovely!

Southampton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

-----
Breakfast - Good selection of continental and 'English breakfast' options

Lunch & Dinner - A good selection of 'buffet style' options, salads,fruit, meat & cheese - with hot meat being cooked on request also. These were very similar from day to day with no real variation in theme. One night we did have 'canapes' but these were served every night in the buffet style food selection anyway

Entertainment
--------------
The animation teams were great for children and did offer , darts/rifle shooting & bowls for those willing to participate - of which i did and it was good fun. Not much variation on this on a day-to-day basis though.

The actual evening entertainment was really 'a bit of fun' for the guests it wasn't professional as it hadn't been outsourced at all. Don't expect much from this.

Bar + All Inclusive
-----------------
There were two bars at the hotel, pool & lounge. Only one bar open at a time!
The drinks were ok and used a selection of local spirits and the beer 'san miguel' was great.

The evening bar closes at 11:45PM

Proximity to Entertainment
---------------------------
There is an English bar called the 'sportsman' which is a bit of fun for karaoke and if you tire of the minimal British contact within the resort.

Proximity to Beach
-------------------
The beach is a 5 minute walk and is beautiful

Suitability for (Couples/Families/Young Groups)
------------------------------------------------
This resort/hotel is very much catered for Germans - which is fine. But I would only recommend really for older couples and families.

Rent a bike or segway from along the promenade about 10 minutes walk from the hotel to the left. They are alot cheaper than outside the hotel - although these bikes are slightly better quality.

Don't pay more than 2€ for a 0.5l beer - lots of nice cheap places to eat on the strip - just outside the entrance to the hotel.

The restaeraun 'Tia Jass' offers exquisite food but is pricey expect for 2 courses and drinks to pay 35€

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

My family and I returned home yesterday and here is what we made of the Cala Millor Park.
We arrived and were assisted to a junior suite which was lovely. We had booked breakfast only and were disappointed to see that there were no tea/coffee facilities in our room a must for us tea jennies!
Our room faced the front of the building and received the morning sun only, making it quite chilly and dull in the afternoon/ evenings so after two days of this I tentatively asked if there was any chance of us being moved to a poolside room? The reception staff don't take criticism of their hotel very well but they reluctantly agreed we could go to a smaller room on the first floor facing the pool. I thanked them and kept apologising for the inconvenience we had caused. anyway,they were visibly cooler with us for the duration of our fortnight The room was fine but every night there was a foul drain smell, lasting for several hours but because of the way I was made to feel earlier we didn't feel we could approach the staff again so we just put up with it. No one asked if we were happy with the room at any point afterwards Another thing that has been brought up here, there were no UK TV channels( other than the news), all were German.
The breakfast was a delight to wake up to in the morning, no complaints and lots to choose from. The entertainment was non existent most nights. The kids club is run by Frankie and he is fabulous with the kids( and adults) I hope the hotel realise what a tremendous asset they have in him.
So to sum up I would say don't make any waves, learn German and tip the cleaner. We will not be going back.

Room Tip: pool view is a must
Worcesterhsire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for a week from 10th May 2013. This was our first trip abroad with our 1 year old son so wanted somewhere with good reviews - we picked this hotel from the good reviews on here and we weren't disappointed!

The rooms are bright, clean and modern - I believe they have recently been renovated and to a very high standard! We asked for a travel cot for our son and was provided with a large and very comfortable looking one - I almost wished I could have slept in it myself! The beds were memory foam and extremely comfortable. The rooms all had a very large balcony too which was a lovely bonus.

The hotel was about 50metres from the lovely beach, and about 2 minutes walk into the main town area.

The pool was large and clean, and the indoor pool was a lovely option on a cooler/rainy day. There was a nice smaller pool for the children.

The food was fantastic but was pretty similar each day. Although it was really nice and good quality, I'd be lying if I said I hadn't had enough of it by the end of the week.

The staff are lovely and friendly, and always made a real fuss of our son. It was apparent that it was very family oriented. Other reviews mentioned that German guests got preferential treatment, but I have to say I didn't see this at all - they seemed to treat everyone equally.

The hotel was 95% German guests, but all seemed polite and many stopped to chat.

Cala Millor itself was pretty quiet and not much to do, so probably wouldn't return to he area, but could not fault the hotel at all. If you are wanting to visit Cala Millor then definitely consider staying here - you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed May 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

Lovely clean hotel and lovely staff.
Food as expected, buffet style and very samey but no complaints.
Hotel very German based and seemed to be geared around the mostly German guests. Very well looked after at the sports bar next to the hotel, excellent value and lovely English breakfast.
Would return to this hotel but would return later in the month as lots of the bars and restaurants were closed or closed very early but this may be due to the quiet nature of this particular resort

• Stayed May 2013
Peterborough
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

My family are still at this hotel and I am tapping this review out in my room on the hotel-wide free WiFi. We have been here for five days now and are having an amazing time. My wife and I, pre and post children have stayed in dozens of package-standard hotels in holiday destinations all over Europe and let me be clear, for this type of hotel at this kind of price point, this is absolutely as good as it gets. Decor, rooms, cleanliness etc are all top notch layout is great facilities excellent and the resort is pretty good too. Two aspects that take this from being an excellent hotel and make it an exceptionally outstanding hotel. First is the food. I would prefer waiter service, but that's not what we paid for or could afford. We paid for buffet style food and this is the absolute best we have ever experienced in terms of quality, choice and hygiene. The second aspect is the friendliness of the staff and their genuine willingness to make you happy and comfortable. It's not that 'we will be nice and hope for a tip' falseness. It is a warmth and friendliness that no amount of money can be. A genuine desire from everyone who we have encountered here to give their guests an enjoyable holiday. Special mention to the restaurant staff and the Animacion kids club staff but honestly, everyone has been brilliant with us and our two children. Returning to places we have stayed before is not really our thing. I think I would be very tempted to return here though.

Room Tip: We had a junior suite. It is excellent and massive. Can't compare into anything else though as w...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hipotels Aparthotel Cala Millor Park? Share your experiences!