“buggy tour” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 11 Attractions in Frigiliana
Castleford, United Kingdom
“buggy tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

awesome experience we found this tour on line decided to book it, this tour ended up being the highlite of the holiday. There was eight of us some of us had drove abroad before but some had not, and was a bit unsure about driving, but went on to enjoy the whole experience.This is a must do if you want a good laugh
and see parts of andalucia you probably would not go to because of the remoteness

Visited July 2013

“HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!! A brilliant way to spend an afternoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

What an experience!!! We planned to take this trip with buggy tours when we came to nerja and I would do it again in a heartbeat! Roland our guide was brilliant, very friendly and gave us a fantastic tour of the Andalusian national park, with stops to take in
The scenery, I couldn't have asked for a better way to spend my afternoon, as long as your prepared to get dusty and a little wet, you will love this experience. Thank you

Visited July 2013
Dundee,Scotland
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

My fiancee and I decided to do this trip after finding it online. Arranged tour by phone call and it was simple as Roland is fluent in many languages.
Met at the Gelp gas station on the road out of Nerja and taken by jeep to Rolands house where we paid in cash and signed the usual safety stuff.. Really funny guy and we both felt very comfortable around him. We were quite lucky as it was just us on the tour. We started driving by road through Frigliana and into the mountains where we stopped for coffee and a chat and got to know a bit about each other. Then the fun began...Roland is very knowledgeable about the area considering he has only lived there 3 years and took us places you simply cannot get to by car. My highlights were stopping at the fire watch point where the views are to hard to describe and swimming in the old reservoir. It is simply a must do tour if you visit Nerja. Make sure and take goggles or oakley type sunglasses as it is very dusty, and swimming stuff if you want to go for a dip. At the end we went back to his house and were offered a few beers and more chat before he dropped us back at the garage. Highlight of our holiday!!!! I will definitely do this again in the future!!

Visited June 2013
London, United Kingdom
“AMAZING DAY OUT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I booked a day out on the buggy tours for me and my friend that was coming from canada as thought it would be a bit of fun and a nice way of showing her some of the local scenery and area.. The trip far excAeeded my expectations. Roland met us at the local gas station to take us back up to where he keeps the buggies as it would have been difficult to find if he hadnt. From the moment we met him we felt welcome and at ease and knew we would enjoy his company all day.
after a brief safety and instruction chat we were off.. The trip takes you on the road through Frigiliana at first which is great fun in itself then turns off the main road into increasingly narrow and rough tracks.. I had intitially thought the trip would be taking us throgh the valleys and ramblas (purely through my own assumption) but we kept going higher and higher up the mountain. The first stop is to look over the amazing view of the hills and mountains surrounding frigiliana. from here you can see, Malaga and if the weather is clear enough across to Morroco. We stopped for 10 mins or so to chat and enjoy the scenery before with a brief warning of be carefull on the corners we were off again going higher and higher. We suddenly hit the ridge of valley and i have to admit it was breathtaking and perhaps not for the feint hearted. The track is pretty narrow and the drop into the valley both beautiful and daunting.. But you are quite safe and although Roland and my other friend on the trip sped on ahead Heather and myself decided we would go a bit easier on this bit of the track. (of course we said we wanted to take pictures and didnt admit that we were trying not to look at the big drop to our left). As you make your wway around the ridge you come to the mountain stream of beautifully clear fresh water which is great fun to drive through making a big splash.. then around the other side and to a delightful village where we stopped for a drink and some tapas.. I can seriously recommend you buy the home made bread here it is stunning.
off again and we start to climb even further up the mountain. twisting and turning and really enjoying the fun of driving the buggy as well as the amazing views on the way.
We stopped off a few more times to enjoy local villages and fantastic view points as we made our way up the mountain until we reached pretty much the summit.. Here the view was simply amazing, we could see down to nerja and frigiliana and right across the mountain range. we could look down on the ridge that had previously seemed so high a good 1000ft below and enjoyed chatting with Roland and hearing his local knowlege of the area and he was kind enough to take many pictures of us against the spectacular view.
the final part of the trip is picking yoru way down the other side of the mountain on some hilariously rough and narrow tracks weaving past farms perched in the hill side and continuous stunning views, We reached the water crossing again where we stopped to set up videos of us driving through the water and to relax again for 10 mins before the last stretch back up the ridge and down to the road home.
I cannot recommend this trip out enough. Heather, Stephen and myself had a totally amazing day out with Roland who has clearly spent alot of time researching the trip and making sure that it is both spectacular in its views as it is huge fun in speeding along in his buggies. Roland is great company, alot of fun, very knowledgable and was a pleasure to be with from start to finish, The buggies are well serviced and in very good condition with first aid and spares etc all on board in case of problems. When we returned to home base we enjoyed a few beers and roland was even good enough to let us jump in his pool..
This trip may not be for the more feint hearted and less adventurous. it is by no means extreme or unsafe and is one of the best days out you can find in these parts. on return we all said can we go out again please it was just brilliant.
Thankyou Roland for a fantastic day out that my friend from canada has not stopped talking about and I can assure you we will all be coming again soon. I wish you al lthe very best of luck with the business it deserves to be a huge success.
Kind regards Matt, Heather, Stephen.

Visited October 2012
La Herradura, Spain
“Fantastic real Spain experience !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

This was my second tour with Roland, I enjoyed it so much the first time with my family who were visiting in May, this time I just had to do it again when friends were over. Roland is very knowledgable and has a well mapped out route which takes you through the beautiful Andalusian countryside, through rivers and pine clad valleys, on mountain tracks and stopping off at some beautiful little villages which would be very difficult to find otherwise.
Another great day out, and I'll be back for more when the next visitors arrive. Thanks Roland ... keep up the good work !

Visited October 2012