“Our experience was not that of other reviewers !!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 321 Restaurants in Mijas
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Beds England
“Our experience was not that of other reviewers !!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We ate here one evening on the recommendation of some locals, having read some of the reviews thought it could be nice but our experience was not memorable, the small stream that runs down the side is more like an open drain although there was no smell, the food was very disappointing, I had grilled sole and asked before I ordered was it fresh and the waiter said yes, the fish was very dry over cooked and I would suggest had been cooked earlier in the day or even the previous day and reheated, it was almost inedible and it was a shame because it was once a nice fresh fish but not when I got it ! The chips were fatty and reheated and there was some mixture of fried porcini and onion on the plate that I didn't order and it didn't go with the dish either. My wife had a Spanish omelette and in fairness it didn't look too bad, I am always honest with my reviews and don't give a bad review for the sake of it, I told the waiter how I felt about his fish and I got a shrug.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

helsby
“great setting with good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

have been a few times now and the setting is very nice the food is good as is the service & staff
the whitebait is excellent, as for the wine,beer etc, prices are fine would recommend

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Fantastic Retaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

As a disabled holidaymaker I can't praise this restaurant highly e nought,from the first greeting to the last mouthful of food...you are treated to the finest food we have eaten in Spain,the Mixed Paella is a gastronomic adventure.
And I can't praise there humble chips enough.....they are Crisp,brown and a delight....the best I have ever eaton....all for less than 30 Euros .......the staff are also a delight,so helpful and smile as if you are a best friend,so if in the area I suggest you give them a try.

La Cala de Mijas, Spain
“My favourite beach restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Having lived in the area over 11 years now and visited Bombos most weeks since then, I can honestly say I have never ever had a bad meal or bad service! It is fantastic. Everything on the menu is lovely. My own favourites are the gambas pilpil (spicy prawns), chicken in pepper sauce, chicken kebab, entrecote steak and swordfish, all totally delicious time after time. It's a family run business and they are really friendly and welcoming. It's open all year round, is always popular and we love going whether to have drinks or to eat.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mijas, Spain
“11 Years and it's still our favourite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

11 years ago we were introduced to this very simple beach restaurant. Our friends told us it was there favourite beach bar. Eleven years later it is our favourite and we love more every year. We often sit and watch the sun go down over a nice glass of vino during the winter month's.
The only downside for us is the summer month's when all the tourist arrive and it is quite difficult to get a table for at weekends. They do the best Pil Pil I have ever had and a wonderful El Bombo Ensalada. Highly recommended.

• Visited October 2012