My family and I (wife, 14 yo and 2 yo), plus two friends and their little boy, stayed at the Club La Costa resort near Mijas Costa in July this year (2014) and I have to say we had a thoroughly enjoyable time.
You have to be members of Club La Costa to stay here and this was our "bonus week" - we SHOULD have been staying in the San Diego Suites but because we required a 3-bed apartment we ended up in Marina Dorada.
San Diego Suites is the second best accommodation on the vast resort, while I would say that Marina Dorada is the next one down. It was perfectly fine, plenty of space (a HUGE ground floor veranda for the kids to play in) and to a decent enough standard.
Fortunately, as we were on the bonus week we had access to San Diego too for the pool, bar, restaurant etc and it IS a class above. We will be staying here next time we go.
The Club La Costa resort is vast, as I said. The walk from Marina Dorada to San Diego takes around 15-20 minutes for example. Fortunately there's a handy train that runs til 11 at night to get you around (and it's free).
Throughout the resort there are bars and restaurants you can use, some owned and run by Club La Costa (average to good) and some Spanish owned and run (much better). The point, I suppose, is that there is something for everyone.
If you wish to dine in, there's a supermarket on site AND a deli of sorts, both of which sell pretty much anything you'd need. We did so several times to save money and it was just fine.
There's plenty to do too, with a choice of pools, horse riding a big play area and other activities that are either on site or bookable at the receptions.
We paid a visit to the nearby water park which for a day out was very good (and not bad value either).
Outside Club La Costa you're only a five-10 minute walk from the beach and only another 5 minutes from Fuengerola so you can get out, stretch your legs and see a bit if you wish to. I have to say, sitting in one of the beach side bars for a whole afternoon watching the world go by while eating seafood and drinking beer was a real highlight of the holiday for me.
If you're a Club La Costa member and debating whether or not to use this particular resort I would say do it - but make sure you choose either San Diego or Santa Cruz Suites to stay in if available. They're just nicer.
We WILL be going back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ISO 9001:2008 Certified by BSI (Resort Management services) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, BookIt.com, Venere, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Club La Costa at Sierra Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club La Costa At Sierra Marina Hotel Mijas
- Club La Costa At Sierra Marina Spain/Mijas, Costa Del Sol