“great time.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 40 Specialty Lodging in Mijas
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“great time.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a promotional week at club la Costa, accommodation was a two bedroomed town house at marina del sold,accommodation was fab, very smart and decor was lovely with the added bonus of air con,choice of three pools which were great for my daughter, the few bars and places to eat were slightly over priced but good quality, the sales pitch was long long day but v interesting.... Quite the hard sell when you say you Need to think about it but they didn't turn nasty like some of the other reviews on here. Overall a v pleasant week.... One good tip is eat at the big chinese next to the mirimar!!!! Fantastic food !

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Polish first
Scotland, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

DISAPPOINTING, OUT DATED, HOLES IN FURNITURE, MOULD IN FRIDGE, FLOORS WERE MARKED, RUSTY KITCHEN APPLIANCES, A BUSY BUSY MAIN ROAD RIGHT OUTSIDE YOUR APARTMENT SO NOISEY YOU HAD TO SHOUT ON OCCASIONS AND THE SMELL OF DIESEL FUMES WAS DELIGHTFUL. - We had stay here before not in the above two complexes but others on the site they were fine. I would not advise you take one of these private rentals with CLC World you are held to ransom as you do not see the state of the place till you get there and you have paid in full. We actually move to another resort as it was just not a place you would want to holiday in. We were not letting it spoil our holiday so moved on, we had three senior representatives from the site who seemed concerned but could only move you to another apart ment in the place equally as DISAPPOINTING.. I do not like leaving a negative review but have lost out one 1000 pound which is what we paid I would like to save others the disappointment we felt. Go to the MacDonald resort down the road Calahonda!!!- Dona Lola. Give CLC a wide berth.... Thanks CLC for an expensive mistake and I would maybe review your mission statement which basically says that your customers should expect standards above their expectations. You would have pretty low standards to think this was above standard .....

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
CLCWorld, Guest Relations Manager at Club La Costa at Sierra Marina, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thank you for posting your comments about your recent stay at Club La Costa World. I was sorry to see that your latest experience was not as enjoyable as your previous holiday at the resort and so much at odds with the feedback we receive from many other guests. This year, we have once again been recognised with a BSI kitemark for the quality of our resort management standards, which include housekeeping and maintenance. However, the points you have raised have already been referred for attention. While the A7 road that runs past the southernmost tip of the resort does get busy during the weekday commuter periods, it does not pose any issues for the vast majority of apartments on site. With the resort being virtually full during the peak summer holiday period I am sorry that, on this occasion, we could not completely satisfy your request to move your accommodation. We wish you well for your future travels. Resort Manager, Pueblo Marina
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Returned recently from our eighth visit to this resort. In the past I have given this resort great reviews but not this tine. We usually book a studio and on our first visit were even allocated a two bedroom house. Because I have a bit of trouble getting around we have on 5 previous visits been allocated a ground floor apartment which we again requested directly via email. Four days before our holiday we had a call informing us our usual allocated studio was no longer available as this was now upgraded to a superior apartment. We had booked with Cosmos this time and not informed of standard, superior etc availability. We were assured however we would still be allocated a ground floor apartment. When we checked in at reception and were told we would be staying in apartment 246 we realised it was in an area of the resort that is accessed by lots of steps though technically it is ground floor. We told the receptionist this was not suitable and he made a great show of 'looking on the computer' though as the screen was behind a counter we cannot confirm this, infact he was quite rude and eventually told us there is nothing else. We asked to see the manager and were told he is only there mornings. We had no option but to go to the apartment which is up about 90 steps. Luckily a guest in a nearby apartment showed my husband an easier way which was a long walk from the carpark but only had 14 steps. I struggled up the steps but my poor husband had to make 3 trips with our luggage as I was unable to help. Next morning we went back to receptionand met with Ricardo the manager. He was fantastic and spent most of the day phoning round to try to change our apartment. He also told us we should have been offered the services of a porter!!!! I struggled back to the 'high rise' and then Ricardo phoned to let us know there was an apartment available from the next day but it would be an extra 84€ for the remaining 7 days of our holiday. The following day a porter was sent to help my husband take our luggage to apartment 274A the bedroom of which faces the swimming pool and Zachary's bar. The downside is, though there was outside space to sit which faced the sea, it is also the walkway to all of the apartments, so there was no privacy. We do acknowledge that all apartments are clean and comfortable, however the second apartment did not have an oven ( not that I wanted to cook a Sunday roast.) This is a nice reort and we have enjoyed so many holidays here. However the smaller apartments are NOT suitable if you have mobility problems. A lot of the 2 bedroomed places are on the flat but in general walking around the complex is up hill and down dale though if you are in no particular hurry you can wait for the train. We lost virtually 3 days of our 10 day holiday because of this even though our initial booking was for ground floor accomodation. Yes it was ground floor but up lots of steps to get there. To top it all, I ended up with phlebitis in my right leg on the second day which made walking even more painful.
To add insult to injury we paid full price for our holiday whilst being surrounded by people who paid a nominal fee as part of the timeshare promotion and were given much better, bigger and easily accessible accomodation. NOT the way to encourage people to return who are paying full price. DO NOT go here unless you are mobile. A big thank you to Ricardo for his efforts and a thumbs down to the awful male receptionist (who wasn't wearing a name badge).

Room Tip: stay clear of any apartments from number 240 if you have mobility problems or children who require a...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Just come back from my weeks holiday with my partner,mum in law 3 boys aged 10.12 and 14. We all had a fantastic time especially as I couldn't walk around so the jacuzzi in the garden was a fantastic feature for me. Also there is a train that goes around the vast complex so that was a great bonus as you could got on and off where you pleased. Plenty of places to eat. Only downside was had to have 2 taxis to get anywhere as complex not close enough to any shops or places of interest.place clean and we'll maintained.my only critisim is I wish the apartment towels were changed more often.

• Stayed July 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We have just come back (yesterday) from the CLC World Resort at Mijas Costa. We stayed in a 3 bed apartment in Marina Dorada. We were a mixed party, myself, my wife our 6 year old son, my friend, his wife and their children 14 and 2 years old. First and foremost everyone had a great time, a really good holiday with plenty to do, lots to see locally and thankfully wonderful weather. The apartments were very clean, well equipped and very secure, fences and entry gates all round to keep children and valuables safe.
Each little community has their own pool area, ours was lush and green, with a separate little pool for kids 6 and under. It was clean and the grounds well kept. I was surprised and pleased to see so many Spanish nationals holidaying there which I think is a good sign. The little local super market was well stocked and fairly priced given the captive audience on tap.
The local beach was clean too and a number of little bars and cafes provided good quality and reasonably priced food.
We went to a few restaurants on site too, Zachary's is a decent enough sports bar, the Sunrise bar provides good snacks and drinks and La Toja was good for an evening meal. The only real problem we had on the whole holiday was El Ranchero, which I would advise you steer well clear of. It offers an odd mix of Thai, Chinese, Indian and pizza! It was very expensive and as you effectively sit in a large tent it is open to flies and insects which were a real problem during our meal.
All in all this is a god resort, well run, well kept and provides a nice, relaxed family holiday. As with all time shares, the real trick is to avoid the sales pitch which took our friends away for around 3 hours. We'd definitely go again.

Room Tip: A trip to the Aqua park is well worth it
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Limerick, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Stayed for 2 wks at this resort. Family of five. 2 girls 9&17 and one boy 14,my husband and I. We all loved it there. So relaxing and also plenty for the kids to do if they want to. Great location Excellent bus service 5 mins away so didn't find car hire necessary. We all want to return next year. Very clean pools and beautiful gardens constantly being maintainedWe weren't on a promotional trip.

• Stayed July 2014
CLCWorld, Guest Relations Manager at Club La Costa at Sierra Marina, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you for your review. I was pleased to see that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and that your teenagers and 9 year old found there was plenty to do. Our gardeners work hard to keep the gardens looking lovely and it is always nice when guests compliment their work! We hope to welcome you back next year.
Resort Manager, Club La Costa World
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

The resort was nice, well maintained, self contained. The apts were clean and well-equipped. The apts are cleaned bi-weekly. The resort had a few restaurants that served good food and live music. There were lots of activities for kids in the resort.

You need a car if you need to move around. the beach is about 10 mins walk from the resort. If you need to get around to nearby towns, you will need to rent a car. the bus stop is 10 mins away and the bus service is not frequent.

The service was good. The wifi signal was weak.. kept going off it was frustrating.

Overall I was pleasantly surprised with the resort, apts, and location, great views from the apt. . Would definitely recommend this resort.

Room Tip: Please choose a room facing the beach - amazing views!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Club La Costa at Sierra Marina? Share your experiences!