“Best Holiday ever.... better very time we go.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Los Amigos Beach Club

Save Saved
You added Los Amigos Beach Club to your Saves list
Los Amigos Beach Club
2.0 of 5 Resort   |   Urb Playamarina Carretera de Cadiz Km204, 29647 Mijas, Spain   |
Ranked #5 of 28 hotels in Mijas
Hastings, Sussex, England.
“Best Holiday ever.... better very time we go.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Recommend strongly Las Amigos beach club been 8 times over about 20 years, reception staff our wonderful, Cleaners lovely perfect rooms, so our the 2 girls doing the activities loved doing the Painting on the beach, my Mum even won a bottle of fine Spanish Cava Wine.
Las Casitas Club house run my Gordon & Lisa was Excellent there food is fantastic large portions and yummy - Great for a drink or ice cold beer we were outside in the sun about 24.c in April - we had the Half Board option we recommend taking the 3 days H/B as the food is Fab for 60 Euro's each.
The Swimming pools our fantastic for the children - little pool for the toddlers and great massive pool - even a swim upto sought off type bar and the ice creams our nice, Brilliant for children of all ages.
The evening shows at Las Casitas our very good my favourite is Frankie B from the 80's pop band 'HeatWave' and Gordon hes always funny... Laughing running joke with my dad - David Fitton M.B.E. as he wears his white sports socks with his brown open leather sandels.
Try going to Le Taje restaurant excellent food run by Diago, and Miguels Bar 5 minutes walk away up the steps again great local food ask for directions from reception there very good and on the outside of the complex is Soho tapas bar & snacks very nice and cheap do a lunch deal for 6.95 Euros including a beer.
I went with my parents and wife and our looking forward to going back in Summer 2013.
5 Star all the way well done Diamond Resorts.
We stayed on the 5th April - 12th April 2013 had a sunny week and very relaxing very recommended.
The sandy beach now has fancy toilets and parasols etc.... Very posh.

Many Thanx from Pat, David, Gareth & Ruth Fitton.

Room Tip: Try Soho Spanish mini Bar next to supermarket is linked outside to los Amigos and for 6.95 Euro'...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
diamondresorts, Manager at Los Amigos Beach Club, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
We are delighted that you and your family had a fabulous week here with us and enjoyed your stay both on the premises and in the local area. We put great emphasis on ensuring that our guests are well looked after and can relax and feel at home at the Los Amigos Beach Club. We are pleased to read that you indeed intend to visit us again in the summer and we will make sure that your next stay will be even better than the last!

362 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Polish first
Lancashire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We had a one bedroom apartment and honestly, I have never been in such a well equippedd and high standard place for the money.Absolutely spotless and tastefully decorated. Two flatscreen TVs, DVD, 2 ipod docking stations, great full kitchen with dishwasher and even a washing machine in the bathroom. Add to this free use of the indoor pool, hot tub and sauna. The beach is just a 2 minute alk away and has a lovely beach restaurant with greatviews. We will certainly be back

Room Tip: I believe all the rooms are similar but I think in summer to pool side rooms may be noisy
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
diamondresorts, Manager at Los Amigos Beach Club, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Your satisfaction and readiness to come back are the best compliment we could ask for and so we are pleased to read that you had such a nice time at Los Amigos Beach Club! We are looking forward to seeing you again!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay and it was everything I expected. Unlike a previous review, I really enjoyed the entertainment and menu at Las Casitas Club, and didn't have any problems at all. I certainly never witnessed any behaviour resembling that as it is described, and I was there on that evening in question. I have to strenuously disagree with that review, and can only say that my stay was superb and the club host was excellent.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Bucharest, Romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Nice hotel. Spacious room with fully-equipped kitchen, very clean, free parking right to hotel door, nice staff, they helped us very much. I recomand this hotel. Very well located for the beach. That's all.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I am a Diamond International points owner and as such use a lot of their resorts in Europe and America. This resort is of the standard I would expect from them, clean and in good repair. We had a 2 bed unit which was well equipped and when there were any issues they were quickly resolved. The pool area is nice but freezing but the indoor pool is great for those of us less keen on very cold water.
The resort is isolated and even with the small number of restaurants nearby a car is still a must. It might also make getting from the airport better value as it is a 50 euro taxi ride one way. We hired from Malaga Car which only force you to purchase a half tank of fuel.!
I rarely if ever review Diamond resort properties but in this instance I feel I must given how awful the entertainment was. We went to the quiz night and I can only describe the host as racist. He started his set by telling us that 7 years ago someone had written to Suntara, as Diamond then was, complaining that he had made racist remarks, he had said he wasn’t and everyone should be able to take a joke. He then proceeded to pick on an Indian waiter telling us he had just been home and his mum was trying to set him up for marriage, but it would have to wait 2 years because the girl was only 12. He then moved on to an American family. The daughter was Brazilian and he suggested that the brother and sister should get together to make good looking kids. I can honestly say I have never walked out of entertainment previously but I could not sit through any more of this. I cancelled my sales chat that Diamond prefer you to attend (be strong and decline if you are not interested in this) as if this is the type of entertainment that Diamond believe their customers appreciate then I have no interest in being a Diamond customer.
This marred and otherwise great holiday and I will not be returning to this resort because of this.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
diamondresorts, Manager at Los Amigos Beach Club, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
We deeply regret that you appear not to have been impressed with the standard of entertainment offered at our resort. We have of course addressed these issues with the entertainer himself as although we have been assured by the him that the comments you have mentioned have been made as a joke, we appreciate that they may not have been understood in the way intended and some members of the audience could have interpreted these as inappropriate. We once again apologise for the inconvenience you may have experienced due to this and would like to assure you that we are very happy to open our doors to all the globe and we endorse and celebrate all cultures.
We sincerely hope this has not marred what appears to have been an otherwise pleasant stay and we hope to have an opportunity to welcome you again in the future.

With kind regards
Island of Anglesey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Thanks for allocating us a lovely modern comfortable two bedroomed house at Los Amigos which is an extremely clean resort with very friendly welcoming staff.The accommodation is well equipped with washing machine, dishwasher and fridge freezer. This was our first visit to this complex and certainly we will go back again, Although there is access to the beach via an underpass, in our opinion, there is very little to do there.

Denia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Comfortable, clean, friendly, fresh, welcoming, cannot wait to go back. Good size TV's. Just great!

Wi-fi more than 6 Euros a day though.

Inside pool was of a good size with Sauna Jacuzzi etc., all mod cons

Supermarket reasonable prices on most items.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
diamondresorts, Manager at Los Amigos Beach Club, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
We are very glad to have been able to offer you comfortable and well appointed accommodation and it is reassuring to read that you wish to come back with another visit.
We look forward to seeing you again!

Resort Manager

Been to Los Amigos Beach Club? Share your experiences!