“Chill Bar” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #69 of 136 Restaurants in Mojacar
Orpington, United Kingdom
“Chill Bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I like to go here after a meal and just watch people go by, theres a great atmospere as it starts to get dark.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Poole, United Kingdom
“Place to hang out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Lovely, smart and modern. Comfy modern decor. Nice music. Great daytime and evening to hang out by the beach.

Visited August 2012
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“We got a death threat.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

This was the absolute worst place I've ever eaten. Me and my boyfriend sat down to eat lunch, and were told to get up and move into the mexican restaraunt next door (although we were the ONLY people in Valery,) to sit in the metal chairs. This was obviously just a taste of the terrible service to come. We then ordered a sandwich and the "sizzling shrimps," which sounded really good and seemed to be very popular on the coast. They came out and, at first sight, looked delicious, but when I looked closer, I realised that they were not deveined and that, infact, the veins were actually floating around in the garlic broth. I tried one of the shrimps, despite their translucent apprearence, to find they were not only dirty, but also comepletely under-cooked! I quickly waved down the waitress to send back my dish. It took a while to sink in as I re-explained over and over again, but apparently it was just so unbeleiveable that I would send anything back, that she had to get the manager without even taking it away. After about 5 minutes a red-faced man in his twenties strode up to our table asking what the problem was. I explained to him that I wanted to send back my food and wasn't very hungry anymore, so wouldn't be ordering anything else. To this he replied "This is how normal shrimp are, the veins is the blood, we serve it like this everyday in Spain." I explained again that I wanted to send it back, what ever happened to "the customer is always right?" He was huffing and puffing by now and replied in a harsh tone "I can switch it for you if you want, I cannot help it that this is how we serve it in Spain, don't expect to get food like you do at home." Hello? Who would treat a customer this way! My boyfriend finished his sandwich and we asked for the bill. Ofcourse, the bill came and, low and behold, they prawns hadn't been taken off. We put down the money for our sandwich and drinks and called the waitress over to show her that the prawns had been left on. She got the manager again, and I re-explained that I wasn't paying for the food that I had not eaten! The manager then got angry and started yelling at me saying "We gave you the food, you have to pay for it!" To which I replied "The customer is always right, I'm not going to pay for something that wasn't suitable to eat!" He continued saying "I've got all day, I can wait all day." But I didn't have all day, and said so! We then got up to leave, at which point he got his phone out and threatened to call the police. We continued leaving and he got infront of us, blocking the way! He pressed a few buttons on his phone and put it to his ear, then he hungup, without even saying a word. "The police are coming, you have to stay now." He said. We reminded him that he hadn't even said one word, and left. About a qaurter mile down the road, as we were crossing to go down to the beach, a car pulled in so close behind us it almost hit me! I looked back in shock-horror, only to realise it was the man from Valery! I told him to get away from me and walked down the hill to the beach. He literally followed me and my boyfriend along the dune for another 10 minutes, until, finally, he got out of his car. We looked up to see him leaning against a palm tree, "Your gonna have the worst holiday of your life," he said. To which my boyfriend replied "What are you on about mate?" in disbeleif. "I'll break your legs," said the manager of Valery. I then threatened to call the police on him for threatening and assault! What a horrible day! How could you treat customers like that and expect people to come back? Who would ever treat anyone like that, especially over just 10 euros! It was the literal worst dining experience I've ever had! Being threatened with violence over seafood? What is the world coming to! In what society would this ever be accepted? Stalked, almost run over, AND threatened to have our legs broken? I would never go back. The food was terrible and the service is LITERALLY beyond belief. Never go to this restaraunt because you will be waited on by savages!

• Visited July 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
spain
“it was ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

it was ok , all round lacking in something--probably atmosphere,
no real welcome or goodbye. I would not rush back

Visited September 2012
Mojacar, Spain
“A lot busier in Summer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Very good atmosphere and full of youngsters enjoying themselves. Ive never eaten in there, snacks I think so cant comment but late at night its one of the places to be in Mojacar. Brian Denver.

• Visited August 2012