“Great food Great views” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 136 Restaurants in Mojacar
Cuisines: English, Seafood, International, British
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Description: Mojacar's Beachcomber Bar/Cafe and Restaurant is a fantastic venue for chilling out during the day and partying away until late in the evening. Located a few metres from the beach this bar boasts stunning views of Mojacar's coastline. A large terrace at the front of the bar caters for both sun worshippers and those who prefer a shaded retreat. The interior of the bar is very roomy and is fully air conditioned. The ladies and disabled persons toilet has a baby nappy changing facility.
“Great food Great views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

Every time I come back from my holidays I always say I'm going to write a rewiew but never seem to get around to it, but i have finally got some time so as they say better late than never. We went to Majacar last September and found this really good restaurant called the Beachcomber. It sits right on the front overlooking the sea so you have a wonderfull views. I really couldn't fault it, the food was fantastic, the service was brilliant (very friendly and smiley, makes all the difference ) nothing was too much trouble for them and the prices were very reasonable. If ever you find yourself in Mojacar you really must make a trip to the Beachcomber, you won't be disappointed, they also do tribute nights which are really good 10/10 all round.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Beachcomber_John, Owner at Beachcomber Restaurant, responded to this review, July 22, 2012
Thank you for spending the time to review us on T.A. We aim to deliver quality food and drink, provide a professional but friendly level of service and real value for our customers in a relaxed environment. It seems from your comments we achieved this for you. Thank you again so much and I hope we see you again soon, John.

London, United Kingdom
“The Beachcomber is even better now.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Well it seems ages since I reviewed the Beachcomber and as things have changed a lot there I think its time for a second one.
The menus still too big but there are some great additions with fresh oven baked meals and the bread baguettes are a dream for breakfast or lunch or with soup at night. Ive always had a thing about jacket potatoes and restaurants microwaving them, what else they can do they might say. Well if you have the right equipment you can cook them in an oven and the beachcomber has this sorted now. The furniture refurbishment is very comfortable in fact the most comfortable around and service as always is 100%.
You still get what it says on the tin, good home cooked food and even more so now and my crew love the place.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you all for visiting us on several occasions while here on holiday. We are pleased you enjoyed several different meals during your visits to us and while seated at your favourite table overlooking the sea.
We are very pleased with our new oven and the new freshly baked additions to our menu and have cut down on a few other items in it but it is extremely difficult when they are all so popular.
I’m pleased you find our new-ish furniture comfortable and to your liking, the bigger dining chairs certainly make a difference to the comfort of our customers and because they are bigger they have reduced the number of seats we can arrange on our terrace and our inside dining area. A plus for our customers and mixed blessings for us!
I look forward to seeing you and your family again before you leave Mojacar or when you return and thank you for your continued support and for taking the time to share your views with other readers on Trip Advisor, best wishes, John.
Leicester
“Great Breakfast with Friendly Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Great friendly welcome and a great breakfast all with a view of the Med plus great for people watching too!

Visited July 2012
, Owner at Beachcomber Restaurant, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor and we look forward to the chance to see you again, John.
Almeria, Spain
“second visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We often use Trip Advisor, to help decide where we should eat and stay, but we have never written a review, this will be our first!
This was the second time we visited the Beachcomber, our first visit was a Sunday which we sampled the Roast Dinner, we have to say, the food, the prices, the service and of course the views were next to none. Our second visit was slightly different! We came last Friday to a very very busy Restaurant!!!! As we sat down, the waitress explained there was going to be a delay, but they were working as fast as they could, which we replied this wasnt a problem. (we have lived in Spain for quite a while and waiting is now second nature!!) But unfortunately there is waiting and there is........waiting! We waited over an hour for our food, the waitress could not apologise enough and we were all bought a drink on the house. When our food came out one of our meals was cold, the waitress came over and asked was everything was OK? At the time we didnt want say "No", as we had waitied so long and in all honesty we were so hungry we could of eaten a horse/ or in this case cold food, plus we could see that the poor waitress was under so much pressure we didnt want to cause any more problems. We have have been in the catering Industry ourselves and understand that sometimes you can have many hungry people turn up all at once, but what we couldnt understand was why you only had ONE member of staff? Personally I think there are no excuses to this and watching one person running ragged and doing her upmost to keep everyone happy is uncall for. we think bad management is to blame. Our review has been based on our first visit and at how how hard your staff work and still manage to keep a smile, (in this heat incredible) We shall return again as we do not believe you should be put off by one bad experience, I just hope on our return things have improved to the Beachcomber we originally found. PS also please congratulate your staff they are an asset to you.
John and Sheila

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
, Owner at Beachcomber Restaurant, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Firstly let me thank you for returning a second time to the Beachcomber after an enjoyable first experience. Secondly and as important I apologise for this poor experience, I hope you will allow me to explain what happened.

The week didn't start well as not only was one of our main cooks out of the country on a sort of holiday (Looking after elderly relatives) the Beachcomber's manager was on a mercy dash to the UK also on similar personal grounds. This left us severely short of staff all week which we coped with as Mojacar was still awaiting the busy summer period.
Add to this a new night market set up 100 yards away (on the Friday you came to visit us) which killed our usual busy Friday lunchtime trade. This we were not expecting and had sufficient staff in to cope.

Most of our staff were working double shifts (They are marvellous) and another of our cooks damaged her foot during the day and had to take the evening off to be sure of coming in the next days.

Taking all this into account we should have been able to see that it was going to turn into a nightmare if we were busy and might know what would happen. 40 plus customers walked in and sat down within minutes of each other and as far as I know not one had made a booking and most (As is normal in Mojacar, I'm not complaining) sat themselves down on their chosen table.

It was decided that being one front of house staff member short was the least of two evils and so one waiting staff went into the kitchen to help and as this is not their main job could have been the reason one of your meals was not as hot as you would have liked.

With the ability of hindsight things could have been different and the last dozen customers to walk in and sit down should have been turned away.

Some might ask why temporary staff were not brought in, this is Spain and the fine for non pre made legal staff is up to €6000 per infringement.

I trust my comments address your observations and look forward to the chance to meet you in the future as you say you will return for which I thank you. The buck stops with me and I take full responsibility and hope to learn from the experience.

As you asked me to I have thanked all the staff and I know that most have already read your review.

Best wishes, John.
West Midlands
“Great food with wonderful views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

I have visited this restaurant numerous times when visiting my parents. Food is always freshly cooked, very tasty and great value. Service can't be faulted with quick, efficient and very friendly staff. All this while sitting looking out across the beach. Fantastic place, would highly recommend.

, Owner at Beachcomber Restaurant, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Thank you for choosing to visit us again and we are pleased you enjoyed the experience and thank you for recording your views on Tripadvisor. Will look forward to your next visit, John.