“Disappointing” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Zurgena, Andalucia, Spain
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Had a menu del dia lunch, but unfortunately the restaurant had to stretch the ingredients and the chicken curry was nothing short of awful. Had a meal there prior to this particular visit which was very good, but I'm afraid it will be a long time before we visit again.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

mojacar
“lovely situated bar and restaurant.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Established since the late '60s the Parata has seen a number of owners/managers but has maintained its standards of welcome, food and service.

Visited June 2012
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

I went here as very close to where I am staying in Mojacar. The locals I know raved about the food and the friendly chef and so when I went with my family, I was not disappointed at all! The menu is extensive and it includes a children's menu. When one of my kids asked for a chicken dish not on the child's menu, they didn't hesitate to bring a smaller portion.

The food was fantastic, I had the grilled mozzarella to start and the prime sirloin. One of the best steaks I have had in this area. My wife says the cod and chips is the best around as well. Definitely going back here soon.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Puerto de la Duquesa, Spain
“Great value in a pretty setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

La Parata is situated on a pretty hillside a couple of minutes drive inland from the main beach area in Mojacar.

I visited with a good friend ( is there such a thing as a bad friend?) as there was live music being performed by Ben Peel of the Wool City Folk Club.

I opted for the 10€ 3 course menu and were not disapointed.

There was a tasty chicken liver pate served with toast and when the toast ran out there was no hesitation in the staff bring ing out some more at no extra cost.

I had a 100% home made beefburger which was served with huge chunky skin on chips.

For pudding I had a trio of ice cream

All food was tasty with good size portions

Efficient service and owner was helpful, friendly and knowledgeable.

Well worth a visit and in summer bring a cossie as there is also a swimming pool to relax by afterwards.

• Visited August 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hitchin, United Kingdom
“Great food in a great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012 via mobile

Great location in hills behind Mojacar playa - set in garden with mountains behind.  Hard to find however (thank you sat nav).  Half a dozen tables on outdoor terrace.

Extensive menu, at reasonable prices - more or less the norm for the area, in a restaurant of this quality.  We ate there twice in a week.  House wine was excellent and great value.

My other half's risotto just missed, but my cod and chips was brilliant.  Sticky toffee pud for her and choco mousse (semi-freddo) for me - both brilliant!  Next time we both had duck - sauce was to die for, duck could have been pinker.  Same  puds, same licked plates!  Best all round food in two weeks in Spain.

Service is leisurely. (what else have you got to do?)  Would certainly return, without hesitation.