Chose this hotel, for our visit to Porto, what a good choice! We had an extremely comfortable room on the 20th floor, so had fantastic views over the river towards Porto and the town of Porto Gaia as well .Metro Station about 10-15 mins walk from the hotel right next to the Department store of El Corte Ingles. Only booked in the first instance for two nights but ended up staying for five nights. We got a red bus tour for two days 20 Euros which included being able to use the blue bus as well, a river cruise and a visit to Porto Cruz wine. Lots of small bakery shops, that also serve good coffee and delicious pastries.
The hotel itself is extremely clean and comfortable and the staff could not be more helpful, especially Carla Inacio the Reservations Manager, she was extremely efficient, pleasant and helpful certainly a credit to the Holiday Inn.
Will be sorry to leave, really enjoyed our stay here, would certainly recommend it to anyone wanting to visit the lovely town of Porto.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Choose the Holiday Inn Porto Gaia and enjoy the magnificent views over the Vila Nova Gaia and Porto cities. The Holiday Inn Porto Gaia is a four star deluxe hotel located in the heart of Vila Nova de Gaia – Porto. The hotel is only a short distance from the worldwide famous port wine cellars, the historical city center of Oporto, blue flag beaches and also train and metro station. We welcome you into our inviting and ample lobby where you can enjoy different sensations. Try the flavors of typical Portuguese food in our restaurant and bar "Food & Friends." Our rooms and suites are the perfect place to disconnect from the outside world and appreciate the small details like the complimentary internet access. Our executive floor located on the 22nd floor is an experience that you need to try. All the bedrooms located in this floor have access to the executive lounge where every day from 18h00 you have an open bar and canapés, to the gym and the amazing panoramic view over the river Douro and the cities of Vila Nova de Gaia e Porto. The hotel Holiday Inn is the perfect choice for your meeting or event. We have at your disposal a congress center with 1500 m2 and 16 meeting rooms equipped with stat of the art audiovisual technology and a group of specialized professionals that will help you. Its strategic location with Porto Congress center, the short distance from the Trade Fair Centers – Exponor and Europarque and the airport Sá Carneiro make Holiday Inn Porto Gaia the perfect choice for leisure as well as business trips. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Porto Gaia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Porto Gaia Hotel Vila Nova De Gaia
- Melia Hotel Gaia Porto
- Sol Melia Gaia Porto
- Holiday Inn Porto Gaia Portugal/Vila Nova De Gaia