“Made us love Port Wine...” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Wineries
Attraction Details
Phoenix, Arizona
13 attraction reviews
“Made us love Port Wine...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We tasted wine all over the Porto area and Ramos Pinto was our absolute favorite. We chose the 10 Euro tasting and it was the perfect size for 2 people to split. The setting was lovely, the couches were comfortable and the people who worked there were lovely.

Visited February 2013

Boston, Massachusetts
“Great value Tasting!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Samples of porto were very generous, enough for two to split. Atmosphere was comfortable with a lounge area to taste. Would definitely go back!

Visited October 2012
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
7 attraction reviews
“A unique experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Since I have been living in Portugal, I have visited a few different houses of ´Porto wine´ and it´s safe to say that Ramos Pinto has impressed me the most so far. Besides the wonderful tour (something that all of them offer) they have their own museum, which offers you a glimpse of their history. There you will see the old office of Adriano Ramos Pinto. It makes you feel like you went back in time for a little bit. For only 5 euros you get the complete tour and you get to taste two wines: the white Porto wine and the ruby Porto wine, both of 7 years old (at least in my case, I don´t know if they always offer the same ones). If you do not have the opportunity to visit a few different of these Porto wine houses, then I strongly suggest you choose this one. But if you do have the chance to visit more than one, I recommend you try a few different ones, since all of them are a little different, each with their own history. Either way, visiting a Porto wine house is a ´must´ when you are in the city of Porto. The tours, including the wine tasting, usually take between 30-60 minutes. Make sure to check the opening hours and when the tour is available in your (preferred) language. When you go to the last tour of the day and/or in low-season, you have a bigger chance of getting a private tour, just like me and my family did, since it was much more quiet than usual.

Visited October 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
25 attraction reviews
“Great Tour, less touristy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Someone at our hotel recommended we tour Ramos Pinto when we specifically said we wanted something less commercial than some others. The tour was very informative and it was interesting to hear about how important marketing and art was to the founder. The port tasting was good as well.

Visited September 2012
Washington, DC
7 attraction reviews
“great "experience".”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

As a novice Port drinker, I can't comment on the wines themselves...other than mentioning that I enjoyed most of them. (Go figure.)

I didn't take the tour, since I arrived late in the day, but had a great tasting experience. The tasting room was open and airy, yet warm and cozy at the same time. Staff was particularly helpful and knowledgeable--got a full explanation of types of wines I was tasting, which I chose to pair with chocolates, and how to drink them (in combination with aforementioned chocolates). Definitely recommend the pairing option--four wines (two whites, two tawny ports) and four chocolates (caramelized honey, passion fruit truffle, mango, raspberry truffle). All was delicious and it was interesting to experience how the wine and chocolates played together for interesting flavor combinations.

Visited September 2012