We are a mature couple and have been on the road for 12 months. We stayed here 6 nights.
We like the situation of the hotel - close to the coast about 5 or 6 kms out of town. It is very quiet.
The beach is rocky; within walking distance is a nice sandy beach.
We have yet to find the golf course - evidently it is a 10 minute drive away.
We have a car but on a couple of occasions we just took the No.11 or No. 12 bus into town. The buses go past the front door very regularly and for 1-60 Euro drop you into the centre of the town - why bother with driving and parking.
We drove to some out of the city sights - Porto is easy to navigate around in although we did keep out of the central older area. We also found the Portuguese drivers to be considerate.
There is tons of free parking provided by the hotel.
The two reception girls were just great - Patricia and Elizabeth (Isabel). Both were so welcoming and friendly, provided us with maps and instructions and were fun to chat to.
They were both enthusiastic with their guidance to see places of interest.
The hotel is large, fairly modern and very clean - in fact spotless.
The room was large with a sea-view balcony and was well appointed.
The bathroom was a good size with good big towels and a separate toilet.
The linen on the bed was top quality.
We thought the hotel extremely good value for money.
The WiFi in the room was a bit sketchy.
We had breakfast on one occasion but felt that it did not warrant the 10 Euro cost.
We had an evening meal in the adjoining restaurant. The food was fantastic, the service was some of the best we have experienced and the price was quite reasonable. Try it - you will be delighted.
This hotel has been a great stay; all staff were absolutely excellent.
If we return to Portugal we will definitely return here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at Praia de Lavadores, next to Douro's and only 10 minutes from Oporto's Historical City Centre, Golden Tulip Porto Gaia Hotel & SPA offers an absolutely amazing view, starting with its 57 rooms, all decorated with quality and comfort so you can daily enjoy the splendor and magnificence of the Atlantic Ocean. Equipped with a large variety of facilities and services, such as 57 rooms, the "Casa Branca Restaurant", the Baccus Bar, the Alvarez Bar, Health Club with indoor heated pool, sauna, gym, Jacuzzi and Turkish bath, Golden Sense SPA with relaxing and beauty rituals, 6 meeting and banqueting rooms, Wi-Fi Internet, Room Service, Laundry Service, parking facilities, insuring all the quality and accuracy in details that qualifies our taste for welcoming and providing you an unforgettable stay. Let yourself be enthralled by the delicious local gastronomy at "Casa Branca Restaurant", where the traditional flavours mix with the most famous regional wines. In perfect harmony with nature, Golden Tulip Porto Gaia Hotel & SPA it's strategically located 6km from Oporto City Centre, 50 km from Aveiro, 50 km from Braga and just 20 km away from the International Oporto Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com and Agoda so you can book your Golden Tulip Porto Gaia Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Branca Beach And Golf Hotel
- Casa Branca Beach Hotel
- Hotel Casa Branca Beach
- Golden Tulip Porto Gaia Hotel And Spa Portugal/Vila Nova De Gaia