I stayed several times at this Hotel, on weekend getaways.
This is a unique charming Hotel, which managed to retain its glorious past whilst updating its rooms (completely renovated a few years ago, nicely mixing antique and contemporary decoration) and SPA facilities. Social areas are very well preserved, keeping its noble character of the 20's.
Service is excellent. Breakfast quality is excellent. The Restaurant is also very good, even though a bit pricey when compared to close by alternatives .
The outdoor area is very nice and relaxing, but the level of maintenance varies. The Olympic pool is a great place to relax (though clearly needing some restoration), and the gardens are also very nice. However, this a point where the Hotel does not explore its full potential.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amid the vineyards of the demarcated Bairrada region and the Curia Health Spa outside Coimbra is the Curia Palace, Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort. A beautiful property dressed up in art deco style, exquisite antiques, high ceilings, spacious rooms that were now improved with the comfort of the furniture of the actual days, but always preserving the rich style of the Golden Years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Curia Palace Hotel Spa & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Curia Palace, Hotel Spa And Golf Resort
- Curia Palace, Hotel Spa & Golf Curia