“I was impressed” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Iver, United Kingdom
“I was impressed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We ordered the daily menu which was a choice of Roast Chicken or Steak, so we chose one of each, unfortunately my chicken was not to my liking, the owner asked if all was okay to which I replied not really as felt the chicken was a little dry, he offered to change my meal but I didnt want to cause a fuss.
He took my meal away and came straight back to ask if he could get me anything else instead so I re-ordered and had the steak which was absolutely delicious.
The point to my review is that he was so helpful and didnt want me to leave unsatisfied, I wish all restaurants could be as nice as this. Thanks again.
Also another point - the music was great.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Polish first
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Gastronomic Delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Just enjoyed a fantastic meal here tonight. The cubed beef on a spit was simply some of the best and tender meat ever tasted with a really tasty homemade garlic bread for starters. The fish and banana, although it seemed to me to be a strange combination, really worked and was absolutely delicious. The service was friendly and everything was thoroughly enjoyable. Recommended.

• Visited September 2012
Lisboa
“Like home...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I had almost every meal on Casco. Felt like home, the food was great and the prices... Super!!!! "Prego no bolo do caco" was my favourite!!

Visited July 2012
St. Petersburg, Russia
“Friendly. Tasty. Authentic.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

When we came to O Casco on Sunday evening there were just a couple of tourists, all other visitors were locals. That's exactly what you expect from the place in a small town when you want to know it better - the food is local and very nice (espada com banana was delicious as well as bife de casa), the waiter was very friendly (though with a very strict face :)) and helpful. When I told that I study portugues he even gave me a good chance to practice )
It's a small restaurant + a pub in a barrel (o casco), so having your dinner first then you can move to the 'barrel' which is also very nice.

• Visited February 2012
london
“Great friendly restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

The food is great and the staff extremely friendly. I had the "picado", chunks of meat with ships in a wine sauce- to die for! I highly recommend this place and the garllic bread and house red are great too!!

• Visited December 2011