This was our fourth trip to Madeira. We had previously taken the bus to Machico for the day and found it to be a delightful small town with excellent bus services to the east of the island. We resolved to stay here on our next visit.
White Waters did not disappoint.
* Very friendly, family-run small hotel. Special mention should go to Gaby on reception for whom nothing was too much trouble, and always a welcoming smile.
* Lovely little restaurant serving some of the best food in town. This morphs into a bar much frequented by local people (surely no better recommendation).
* Simple but modern furnishings in a well designed modern building, all spotlessly clean.
* Great value for money!
* Free wired internet in the bedrooms and WI-Fi in the public areas.
The only one we found was that the revelry of the local youth spilling out of the small disco opposite the hotel (weekend only) caused us to have to sleep with the bedroom window closed on those particular nights.
We WILL return.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel White Waters
- White Waters Machico
- White Waters Hotel Madeira/Machico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- White Waters is a small family run 3 star hotel. It is located in the very heart of Machico, a small town that has retained its very unique feel of the old, and together with the new, it has a very unique appeal. It is in this setting that White Waters is found. All our rooms are equipped with modern amenities, and all have balconies facing the sea. Our restaurant offers our guests both local and internacional cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, TripOnline SA and Otel so you can book your White Waters Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.