“Don't stay here!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 39 Hotels in Norfolk
richmond, va
“Don't stay here!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2009

Where do I start? It should have been a sign when they gave me my remote control to the television at the desk and also people asking for their money back once the checked in. Being that it was late we decided to stay since we only needed the room for a couple of hours. Trust me when I say I won't be going back and have put them on my "No Return" list. For the amount of money you spend you can add a couple of more dollars for a better hotel. This motel needs major upgrades!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1850ELC, Public Relations & Reservation Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, October 4, 2009
So sorry you were not satisfied but....the tv remotes are kept at the front desk for your convienence. When you are tired and it's late, who wants to spend time searching in an unfamiliar environment trying to find the remote. Most of our guests agree that it's wonderful to have it in hand when entering the room.
Yes you do have the occasional person who requests a refund, after they've been in the room long enough to take a shower,etc....without any problems. This is not acceptable at any motel I know of.

This is an older property, but it has a nostalgic advantage that others do not, you can park right in front of your room, and walk only about 10 ft to your door, this can be an advantage.

No, we are not a 4 star hotel, but the prices are not reflective of such. Instead we are quite economical,and you get a no frills, modern, clean room to stay in. All that need be done is ask, and we will do our very best to accomodate your requests.
We hope you will consider a second stay for us to attempt to correct your unpleasant mindset of us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Bethesda
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2009

I arrived in town to visit family without a reservation and I looked at a few motels as I drove from the interstate, some of them were expensive. I came across this one close to where I needed to be. The motel wasalso close to shops and restaurants, only three minutes from the Norfolk International Airport. Very friendly and helpful staff. Very reasonably priced, next time I will make a reservation because I will be back, I enjoyed my stay!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2008

Such a dissappointment!

This hotel is in an area that I didn’t feel safe. They put us in a room overlooking a parking lot and also had a door locked that ajoined to another room. We heard so much noise from the other room. My question is who would put someone in that situation when they are staying almost a week? Very noisy, dirty place in a not-so-safe area. Getting two extra pillows took 2 days. Tried getting a cup of coffee at the continental breakfast. Didn’t happen. Everything was empty 1/2 hour before it closed! This hotel does not deserve even 1 star!!! Very disappointing. I booked this hotel because of all the good reviews I read on the internet. Do not stay here!

• Liked — It is close to shopping and dining
  • Disliked — The room smelled horrible
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
D.C. Metro Area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2008

A great place to stay, this hotel is near all major highways (264 & 64)and shopping (Military Highway Mall & Janaff Shopping Center).

The rooms are comfortable, spacious, and clean!
Free continental breakfast every morning, friendly staff, pool, jacuzzi (outdoor not open in the winter); perfect for the entire family.

The hotel does feature a steakhouse.....the food service is poor, the interior was dark and drab, and the food is over priced. Luckily, there are many restaurants close by.

Jeaneen Bodie
Wyld N Wunderful Travel & Entertainment

• Liked — The value!
  • Disliked — The hotel restaurant
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!