“Uneven food prep; expensive; elegant” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
456 Fish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 580 Restaurants in Norfolk
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: 456 Fish offers a wide variety of Seafood. Steaks ,Chicken and Pork. Only the freshest ingredients are used.
Cleveland
“Uneven food prep; expensive; elegant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

We wanted to love this place and thought we would after the appetizers -- the she crab soup was the best ever and the crab cake was lovely. However, the main courses did not live up to the same standard. Whole lobster special (we thought this would be a bargain at $24) seemed as though lobster had been cooked earlier -- how else to explain dried out parts? Same with mahi mahi - also dry.

Stick with the appetizers!

Server was friendly but a bit slow.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
ronvabea, Owner at 456 Fish, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Thanks for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed our she crab soup. I also think it is the best around. We use colossal crabmeat, unheard of in our industry.
Our special the night you visited was a pound & a half whole lobster with mashed potato's and broccoli. At 24.00 this is a tremendous special , since the lobster alone is 12.75 our cost. Of course , if you dont like it ,price is not important. I dont know how to explain the dried out parts , but there would be no reason to cook earlier. We sold 17 the night of your vist with good reviews from everyone else.
In any case, I apologize for your experience. I wish you would have asked for a manager, I'm confident they would have done the right thing.

Chespeake, United States
“Expensive and service poor!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Went with a group of friends. We were over charge on our bill and the manager provided the worst example of customer service. Very disappointed in the entire experience! People should be treated well no matter what, but when you are paying for an expensive meal it is almost a smack in the face when you are treated badly!

ronvabea, Owner at 456 Fish, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
I would like to apologize for your experience , But , I really dont have enough information to investigate. Could you please send the date of your visit and what exactly happened? Our Managers are very professional so I'm very disappointed in your comments. We would very much like to correct anything we did wrong.
Virginia
“Really poor service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

My girlfriend and I have been to this restaurant many times. I took my family when they visited from Manhattan (NY). I love the food, and so does everyone. But the service is so poor, we gave up going. It's sad, really. There are a few waitresses who are so obnoxious, we decided never to go back. They ruined our evenings every time. They are argumentative, haughty, condescending. They consider themselves incredibly knowledgeable, but really they are local women with little culture or gastronomic savvy. The manager is a dunce too (maybe that's why the waitresses are so poor).

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
ronvabea, Owner at 456 Fish, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
I'm totally shocked by your review. We only have 3 female servers who are all lovely and very knowledable and professional. Could you tell me what they did for you to write such a horrible review.
We rate our staff by comment cards and comments. All of our servers rate higher than 90% but our female servers rate 91-94 An 96.
Our Manager has been with us for over 7 years and is considered one of the best in the area. Could it be possible that you were having a bad day?
in any case , I do apologize for your experience.
“Disappointing meal”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

We wanted to like this place. Atmosphere is elegant but the surf and turf fell short of expectations.
The tenderloin went back 3 times because it was paper thin. It was over cooked and we did not eat it.The lobster was tender but was a mere 5 oz. Leading us to believe that Outback is a better choice for gourmet than this restaurant .

ronvabea, Owner at 456 Fish, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
I am very disappointed to read your review. I was already familar with your situation before I read it. Our Manager that Sunday was Cat one of the most special young ladies around . She told every detail of your visir and I confirmed the facts today at our weekly staff meeting.
I know you ordered your Steak Medium and it came our a little under but both our chefs that night took great care to assure the second was cooked properly. Apparantly, their opinion of Medium and yours differ. This can happen from time to time and I do apoliogize to you. Cat mentioned she picked up some drinks and desert for your inconvenience and that you left very happy.
Sunday Night is our Surf & Turf Night Special for 24.99 one of our most sold specials. We never get complaints and that particular night sold 16 other orders with no problem only compliments . Regurally we would sell for 32.99. It is a special a very low profit item.
Once again , I apologize for your experience but we learn from our mistakes. I will pass your comments along to Cat.
East Brunswick, New Jersey
“Bread is bomb!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

We had dinner here and it was delicious. We had specials and both were good except the fact that I had to pay 6 dollars to swap chicken with shrimp. We liked the location, the atmosphere amd the waitress. Overall good, but could have been excellent.

ronvabea, Owner at 456 Fish, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Thanks so much for your review. I'm disappointed to hear you were charged 6 dollars for shrimp as a substitute for chicken.
I presume you were talking about our chicken caesar at brunch. If you substitute shrimp for chicken , you should have only been charged 3 dollars not 6 dollars.
I have addressed this with our staff for the future.We would be glad to credit your credit card if you contact us.
Thanks for notifying us of our mistake. Again, Thanks for your review.

Been to 456 Fish? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage 456 Fish, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.