“Very good hotel stay...but very cold.” 5 of 5 stars

Park, Stay & Go
Ranked #3 of 39 Hotels in Norfolk
GreenLeadersBronze level
Jacksonville, FL, United States
“Very good hotel stay...but very cold.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Had a nice time staying at the Hampton Inn and Suites at the Norfolk, VA airport. The food was nice, the accommodations lovely, and the staff were kind. The heater in my room did not work though. Set the thermostat to 74 and the unit blew cold air. I slept in my clothes that night. I told the management the next day. I don't know if the problem was resolved.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Bryan K, Front Desk Supervisor at Hampton Inn & Suites Norfolk-Airport, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind comments. We love to provide a great experience at the Hampton Inn and Suites Norfolk airport and I am so happy we provided the service you should expect and deserve. The heat problem was investigated and resolved immediately. Please call us next time and we will be happy to move you to new room. The management and team here know you have many options in the area for hotels and take our responsibility of provide a safe, clean and problem free stay very seriously. I know sometimes you may think it’s too much trouble to get a problem fixed and take too long, but I do want to assure you we will do all possible as quickly as we can to resolve any issues you may have. Thank you again. I hope we see you soon and I will make sure you have a warm cozy room.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

As a Diamond HHonors I am sleeping in Hilton family hotels almost as much as my own bed. I choose to continue to stay Hilton family because I like not being surprised after a long day of travels. I came in late after landing at nearby airport, picked up my rental car, and walked into check-in telling the night desk clerk my last name. When she looked for my reservation she told me that no rooms were left and she was unsure what was going on. She continued to look into it and said the only room we have just had the carpet cleaned and had fans set up and that she cold ask the night maintenance to get the room ready. Again - the main reason I continue to stay in HHonors properties is that I sure don't want a surprise when checking in and even an occasional upgrade.
The room itself was fine, carpet just a little damp.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Bryan K, Front Desk Supervisor at Hampton Inn & Suites Norfolk-Airport, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
I am so sorry for your difficulties and the trouble you had at check in. We will investigate where the disconnect happened and make sure we take measures to prevent it from happening in the future. I do want to ensure you we do treat our Hilton Honors members with the utmost care and attention. This was an anomaly as you can see by our reviews here on this site. I hope we can make this up to you in the future. Please feel free to call the Hotel and Speak to a manager or myself (Bryan) and we will handle your reservations personally. I want express our sincere regrets to add any stress or discomfort during your travels we know being on the road is trying enough. I hope you give an opportunity to show our true “Hamptonality” in a future stay. Thank you for your support of Hilton Hotels and have a wonderful Holiday Season.
Rapid City, South Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

This is a hard one to label with a rating. The room was nice, and the cleaning staff was nice. The night clerk refunded the entire room price. The problem was bigger than the money issue in my estimation.
When we opened the fold-out couch, there was mouse poop all over the sheets. We later pulled out the bar fridge and found lots more mouse poop. I can't imagine one mouse causing the mess we found, or, more importantly that there would be mice in only one room.
The night maid was very kind and seemed to be as disturbed by the problem as I was. The desk clerk offered us a new room (only smoking rooms were available), so we declined and just asked the problem to be cleaned up. She refunded our room price and apologized.
I hope that pest control and a more diligent daytime cleaning staff will be brought in to rectify the problems there.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Bryan K, Front Desk Supervisor at Hampton Inn & Suites Norfolk-Airport, responded to this review, December 14, 2013
I am so sorry that you had to experience a problem like this. If you look at our review history you will see that our hotel is very clean and takes great care and pride making sure we provide a safe, clean and wonderful experience for our guests. We do have an extensive pest management system in place to ensure that we do not have problems like this and to prevent any kind of pest problem. We have taken strong measures to ensure this was an isolated incident the room was quarantined and inspected thoroughly to make sure the problem was eliminated. We have also conducted additional training for the housekeeping staff. I hope this alleviates your concerns and my sincere regrets for the unfortunate occurrence. I hope you will give us another chance to show you what a great Hotel we truly are.
seattle, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

The night manager Bryan was most excellent in providing me with all the information I needed to navigate the area. This hotel provided the absolute best accommodation for value in my experience, in the USA. period. I found the site to be clean, well lighted, with comfortable and tasteful furnishings; most of all I received customer service from staff that seems genuinely interested in guest relations. Kudo's to all on duty, and to the owner. Many thanks,

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I remember you very well sir. We are so glad you found us and had a fantastic stay with us. We do pride ourselves on having the best hotel in Norfolk (I am a little biased off course). We try very hard to make sure we treat our guests with the respect, kindness and service they deserve. The team here are professionals with a real commitment to our guests and the hotel, to make us the best Hotel in Tidewater area. I hope your travels are safe and you have a wonderful Holiday. We are always here to give you a great friendly place to stay and feel at home. Thanks again.
Culpeper, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

great hotel .. great price... great location to be between the beach and Norfolk waterside... suite very roomy and clean.. would stay again.. staff is very courteous would make this a regular spot for my tidewater travels

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Bryan K, Front Desk supervisor at Hampton Inn & Suites Norfolk-Airport, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind comments. We love to provide a great experience at the Hampton Inn and Suites Norfolk airport and I am so happy we provided the service you should expect and deserve. The management and team here know you have many options in the area for hotels and we are so happy you have chosen us as your home away from home when in the Norfolk area. We do have a great location and a lovely hotel to relax or conduct your business in the area. We hope to see you soon and have a wonderful Holiday season.
Gainesville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

My family and I loved everything about the hotel. Really, it was clean, welcoming, internet access - overall, excellent. We are looking forward to returning to this very same hotel in May 2014. The hotel staff was very helpful. Accessing the building with security after dark was exceptional; the room was very comfortable. We would recommend the Hampton Inn & Suites and most certainly will try other Hampton Inn & Suites in other locations.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Bryan K, Front Desk Supervisor at Hampton Inn & Suites Norfolk-Airport, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
I am so glad you enjoyed our stay here. We do have a very nice hotel here at the Hampton Inn and Suites Norfolk airport. The rooms are spacious and spotless and our location is perfect for any type of traveler Business to vacation. We are very proud of our hotel here and when we have such wonderful guests like you it is such a pleasure to provide a wonderful experience. If you would like look at our new Facebook page Check us out there and like us again.
Providence, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I arrived on a Saturday, staying overnight for a show on Sunday with a Sunday evening flight home. My arrival procedure was very smooth, with the clerk (Brian) being exceptionally helpful and courteous. The room was well designed and very comfortable. I actully would have given the hotel a rating of "5" had it not been for the breakfast. Hampton breakfasts are usually full of variety and very well stocked in each item that they present. On this trip, the fruit selection consisted of 3 bananas, the orange juice machine was malfunctioning, and even the hot chocolate required a special request to find a packette. I guess I have been spoiled in the past staying at Hampton Inns. This one was not quite up to the level I am used to.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Bryan K, Front Desk Supervisor at Hampton Inn & Suites Norfolk-Airport, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Thank you for commenting on our hotel. I am so glad to receive input like this, it’s important to know what we do right and where we are not hitting the mark. I want to thank you for your positive thought and tell you how grateful we are that you chose to stay with us. Our management and team here work very hard to ensure our guests are satisfied with their stay. The Hampton 100% satisfaction guarantee is something we proactively use as one of our avenues to ensure guest satisfaction. I am happy to say we do not need to exercise it frequently because of our great management and staff. We will work on the breakfast issues you mentioned and make sure that this problem does not happen again. I hope you will come back to us and give us a chance to earn that 5th star… Thank you and Happy Holidays. Please like us at FACEBOOK Hampton Inn and Suites Norfolk airport

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Norfolk-Airport? Share your experiences!