“Great staff!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Tinley Park, Illinois
“Great staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Best check-in experience ever! The clerk suggested a wake-up call ( I had not even thought about it) when we told him we needed the airport shuttle early, He told us that breakfast would not be ready at that time in the morning but they could have to-go bags for us. He called our room to make sure everything was ok The room was comfortable and clean. The complimentary airport shuttle was great! It was prompt and the driver was very courteous. It's too bad we were there for such a short stay!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Bryan K, Front Desk Supervisor at Hampton Inn & Suites Norfolk-Airport, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our team here at the Hampton really strives to help our guests enjoy their stay and have a great experience. We like to make sure you get the attention you deserve and expect. Our team really thinks about the small things as well as the big things and how we can make your stay something to remember!!!! Thank you again and I will pass on your comments to the team here. We hope we see you soon!!!!

149 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Davidsonville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Extremely comfortable room for family of four, no tripping or climbing over each other. Beds/pillows/bedding heavenly! Quiet. Breakfast was exceptional, no settling here. Great selection, quantity and fresh. Staff very accomodating and attentive.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Bathroom was very small but our averall stay was very good. not a bad hotel for the price. We family and I were only there for one night. but we would have been happier to have stayed longer. The hotel is very close to the beautiful downtown Norfolk and the "Leaping Lizard Cafe" that was featured on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your review! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We take a lot of pride in our Hampton Inn and Suites and getting feedback like this charges up our commitment to constantly improve. Our team here at the Hampton really strives to help our guests enjoy their stay and have a great experience. We have a great location for the Norfolk area as well as being really close to the Oceanfront. Thank you so much makes the team here know we are making people happy… I hope we see you soon
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

This is near the airport. I dropped my husband and kids off at hotel about 9:30 pm to get checked in to hotel while I go return the rental car to the airport. The hotel sent a great guy driving the shuttle to pick me up and he was so nice and concerned whether I had been waiting long (only waited about 2-3 minutes). The room was clean and the employees were so friendly and caring. The breakfast was great. Once again, the shuttle back to airport in the am for our flight out was great and convenient. Hampton Inn's are tyically spot on dependable!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Bryan K, Front Desk Supervisor at Hampton Inn & Suites Norfolk-Airport, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you very much for your review! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We take a lot of pride in providing the best possible service and maintaining the high Hampton standard you have come to expect. Our team here at the Hampton really strives to help our guests enjoy their stay and have a great experience. It’s so nice to know we provided you the service you deserve and we look forward to having you here again. My sincerest thanks for the review and your appreciation...
Portland, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This hotel was clean and well appointed.
I had an issue at check in with the toilet in my room. -- It was fixed immediately.
The staff were very pleasant.
There was a night employee on when I left at 4:30 am for my flight...I think his name was Charles.
He was extremely nice and made me feel like my business was very much apprecitated.
The water pressure was good and the heat and a/c worked great.
Thanks...I would definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Bryan K, employee at Hampton Inn & Suites Norfolk-Airport, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you very much for your review! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us . We pride ourselves on providing exceptional service from our shuttles drivers to our Front desk staff and all our team here at the Hampton Inn and Suites Norfolk airport. Your feedback is so important to us so we can use it to improve our service and reward our team for great service. Thank you again and we are looking forward to having you here again!!!
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

I really don't have any complaints about my 4 day stay for business other than the housekeeper took my do not disturb sign after I left on my door knob.

The service at the front desk was exceptional. Jaden the day manager was great. The hotel allowed me to use their shuttle bus later in the day after I already had checked out. The breakfast was as to be expected for a free hot breakfast. It did the job without having to worry about finding another place or adding to my budget. The breakfast attendant was very friendly.

There was a lot of traffic outside my room because of the location, but it died down at the end of the night. Very roomy and clean. I would stay again.

• Stayed March 2013
Jadon N, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Norfolk-Airport, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you very much for your review! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us overall. I am sorry about the do not disturb sign being removed from your door. I will make sure that we review this with our housekeeping staff in order to prevent this from occurring again. I am pleased that you found our breakfast experience satisfactory. I know it helps having such a convenience in the morning. I also appreciate your feedback on my own service; I am happy to have been able to help you. And should you find that your travel plans bring you back to our hotel, please reach out to me or to our hotel staff. We would be more than happy to find you a room away from that pesky traffic. Thank you again!

-Jadon Naas
Petersburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

From the first weekend that they opened to now, I have enjoyed my stay here. When I am in the area this is my favorite place to stay. Easy access to the highway. comfortable beds, sizeable rooms, good breakfast and very quiet.

Room Tip: 3rd floor is great
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Richard M, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Norfolk-Airport, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you for your continued business over the years. While I am new to the property I love to hear from our guests who continue to stay with us. It sounds like we are have been exceeding your expectations and I will strive to continue that in the future. Please let me know if there is anything we can do to make your stay great in the future. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Thanks again! -Richard Murphy

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Norfolk-Airport? Share your experiences!