“Fun lunch place” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #38 of 613 Restaurants in Norfolk
“Fun lunch place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

Great food in a hipster atmosphere. Very urban. The decor is somewhere between urban outfitters and pottery barn. The food is another story. Really terrific. I had the rice bowl with curry. Yum! My friends had a salad, chicken salad sandwich and BBQ. The sweet potato chips were fabulous! Best of all was the service. Really great team! Will definitely be back!

Rockville, Maryland
“Cool atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

We met another couple for dinner here while visiting the area. The restaurant has a unique atmosphere, with a large, open garage door facing the street and communal tables. We easily found a place for the four of us to sit on a Friday around 6. The food was unique and tasty. We started with homemade sweet potato chips (one order was enough for four). I had the Privateer sandwich, which was good (and very messy). My husband ordered the chili fish rice bowl and said it was good. We both agreed that while our dinners were good, it wasn't anything we would come back for.
Our other issue was with our server. He barely spoke to us, we had to ask for him to take our order and refill our drinks. It was just a little odd, and the other couple with us, who have been to Field Guide before, said usually it isn't like that.
Overall, a fun little place to try and maybe we'll try it again.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Norfolk, Virginia
“eclectic and tasty sandwiches”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

the wife and I went for a date night stroll down Granby and stopped in for a bite and cocktail. it's a very unique spot with some pretty cool decor (especially the wooden wall art). I was very pleased with my chuck roast (Privateer) sandwich which had a really good sauce on it. the wife got a big old thick slice of meatloaf that came with mac and cheese plus a side of greens, all of which was delicious. i ordered a hard arnold, which was something different, but i thought it probably a little too much ginger flavor and i regretted not getting the cherry soda and bourbon after tasting my wife's drink. the seating doesn't really lend itself to an intimate date night, but they're more about the downtown community scene as you can tell by the standing bar which is open to the street.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wilmington
“Greatest lunch I've ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

My friend and I went here for the first time and were instantly impressed by the cool atmosphere. Our food came out quickly and tasted fresh and hot. I added bacon to the Noodlefoot Williams, a mac and cheese sandwich, I would highly recommend doing this. My friend ordered the Privateer, a Root Beer braised beef sandwich, to which he added an over easy egg. We also ordered the curried veggies and feta slaw. Both of our meals were extremely flavorful and delicious. The staff was friendly and our overall experience was excellent. Definitely try this place out!!!!!

“Urban Hip Comfort Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Shared lunch with an old friend and the vibe was urban cool and the food was updated comfort food that was quite filling. My friend is vegetarian and he suggested the place, but meat and fish dishes were plentiful as well. You order at the counter and then they bring you your food. The garage door was open on quite a nice day despite some showers during our lunch. I had the Ms. Kodiak whitefish sandwich with the Sweet Chips and both were excellent.

• Visited July 2014