“Waste of time & money! STAY AWAY!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Savannah Suites Norfolk
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5649 Lowery Road, Norfolk, VA 23502   |
Ranked #36 of 39 Hotels in Norfolk
Toronto, Canada
“Waste of time & money! STAY AWAY!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

It's an insult to the hotel industry for this so called establishment to be called a hotel! The room smelled like cat urine, the cupboards were dirty, the elevator did not work (and they put us up on the 4th fl with kids and my father who is handicapped) and there were flies in the room! Good thing we got a refund, even if this room was free I would still not take it! I would be more comfortable in the car!!!

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Me, the hubby and all 3 kids stayed at this hotel in Norfolk to be close to grandparents this past week. The rooms were comfortable enough and we felt safe.

The location is fantastic making it easy for us to visit the ocean front with little effort of finding the interstate and the shopping nearby was great. Wal-Mart is only five minutes away!

It was a little annoying to not have wireless, but the internet was fast and the table and chairs set near the connect made it tolerable.

Great prices is by far the biggest draw, so my family will use this hotel again when we come back to Norfolk.

Room Tip: Bring a internet cord if you plan to use the internet
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a few months for college and they were alright. The people at the desk seemed clueless all of the time. My keys happened to fall down the elevator shaft (like how does that happen?) Cause it has a huge hole between the elevator and the floor. Well that's where my keys have been for the past 2 months. They haven't tried the least bit to give me my keys back. Other than that, they're okay.

• Stayed November 2012
afarmerss, Guest Relations Manager at Savannah Suites Norfolk, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for your review of Savannah Suites Norfolk. I trust the hotel has been in contact since your review was posted to notify you that your keys have been retrieved. I apologize for the delay and on behalf of Savannah Suites, welcome you back to stay with us again in the future.
Detroit
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I was very pleased with this hotel that had fridge, stove, microwave, nice size bathroom and a nice room and comfy bed.
the staff was really nice and knowledgable, most of them. the two ladies that helped us was very nice. very reasonably priced and I hoping next year when I come for my cousins wedding that we will be able to stay there again and it still be just as nice and affordable.
The one thing that will make this great is a indoor pool! :)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Alexandria, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

this hotel has to be the worst establishment that i have ever in my life rested my head in. First of all the staff is very unprofessional, management more so than front desk. The desk clerks seemed as if it was a burden to assist me each time i approached the desk, from check in to check out and every time in between. The lobby was poorly maintained, the elevator was down the first 3 days of my 7 night stay. It started working again for 2 days, then went back out for the remaining 2 days. The room was standard for the most part until we went to turn back the sheets and there was seemed to be a dry yellowish stain on the flat sheet. Asked the front desk if they had any new sheets and she that she had some in the dryer and that i needed to bring my dirty sheets down. NO PROBLEM... 4 hours later still no sheets. Long story short, i finally received my sheets from the NIGHT ATTENDANT at almost midnight.

Notified management the next morning of the situation (Tequila was her name i believe) she nonchalantly apologized for my inconvenience and assured me that new linen would be prepared for my room.

Later that night we had just come in from a family outing and walked into the room turned on the lights and 3 roaches went scattering.

Needed new towels and once again it took forever to finally receive them. ...Horrible week!

Room Tip: Do not consider this place
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Morgan City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I stayed (lived) here for more than a year when my husband was in Norfolk. Granted the staff the first few months were rude and didn't seem to care about the guest. I must say though after they were discharged by management the new staff have gone out of their way to accommodate me with any thing I needed. I never once the whole time I was there saw any roaches. Towels and linens were always clean. The only thing that I can say was not so good there was the elevator breaking down on a few occasions. This location is very convenient to grocery,shopping and restaurants. It's a very safe place to stay and I will definitely be staying here again if ever I should be back in Norfolk.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
McLean, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

On the 27th of July I made a reservation at this hotel, and I cancelled it at 7:49am on Monday, July 30th. I received a cancellation I.D.
On Saturday morning, August 3rd, I checked my bank account, as I do every morning, and found a $211 no-show bill charged by Savannah Suites.
I called the hotel and spoke to an extremely snotty little girl who was irritated that I'd called. She told me they'd received the cancellation Friday night (liar), and that they'd already reversed the charge but that I wouldn't have access to my money again until Tuesday.
This was not a mistake - this was naked incompetence and I would advaise anyone and everyone who is thinking of staying at this hotel to avoid them unless you're willing to float them a couple of hundred bucks for a few days.
If my money isn't back in my account by 0700 tomorrow morning I'm reporting these thieves to the BBB and the Virginia Office of the Attorney General Consumer Protection Section.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Savannah Suites Norfolk? Share your experiences!