“Lovely Gardens” 5 of 5 stars

14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Lovely Gardens”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Very large beautifully laid out gardens,150+ acres. Good free transport around the garden nice structures (arbors, seats etc) to relax and rest. Themed garden, e.g. roses, Japanese, sensory etc. Much water on the property to add to interest. A water trip/ride available at extra cost. Admission very reasonable, nice gift shop.
The garden is just by the airport, and they have an aviation display on the embankment with a place to sit down and watch the ground operations of the airport. Worth a visit.

North Attleboro, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Fun, but hard on mid-aged kids.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Beautiful and well laid out, but very large and on a hot day, it can be tough on tween aged kids. I have been there numerous times and the blooms are always different.

Pinehurst, North Carolina
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“Wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Beautiful! And huge! We were visiting Norfolk with some friend and were looking for something interesting to do to kill a few hours. This was the only place open before 10 am on a Sunday so we decided to give it a try. We were blown away. Such pretty gardens. If I lived in the area, I would definitely have a membership so I could walk or jog there regularly or take the kids for picnics. It's such a peaceful and serene place with gorgeous scenery everywhere you look.

Another plus was the butterfly house. That's a popular thing right now but most places charge extra for that. Not here. It was included!

Tip: If you have kids, pack their swimsuits and a change of clothes because there's a monstrous sand mountain and water play area.

Hampton, Virginia
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“The Gardens”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

It is exactly as it sounds, it is a very large garden offering up great views and a peaceful atmosphere. I thought I would get bored fast but the sights are amazing, the fresh air smell is wonderful and there is more too see than most places. They definitely work hard to keep the area clean and it is a great place for taking a walk or bringing the kids to burn off energy. And if you are a photographer looking to get some good photos, try out this attraction. The colors will pop at any angle making for a great photo!!

I travel around Virginia a lot so check out my blog www.travelingva.wordpress.com for more reviews, photos, and plenty more!

Visited May 2014
DeWitt, Michigan
126 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 139 helpful votes
“Absolutely Beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

It was so hot today but I did not let it stop me from experiencing the Gardens, they were beautiful, the staff everywhere I went were both knowledgeable and friendly. Always willing to help. I had a salad in the cafe' and the young lady that waited on me was training someone and they were both so friendly and paid attention to detail. By the way it was a great greek salad. I wished I had my granddaughter with me as the Children's Garden was AMAZING and looked like the children (big & small), were having a great time. I took the boat ride and the narrator and boat captain were great. I took the tram and the driver again friendly and informative.