“Hidden Gem in Ocean View !” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #233 of 580 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: Pizza
Duncan, NC
“Hidden Gem in Ocean View !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

After "googling" for Pizza in Norfolk, we headed to Mona Lisa's Pizza in Ocean View for lunch. From the moment we walked in the door, we had a great time. Patty, one of the owners made us feel like family as she served us. Pizza was out of this world, hot, fresh, plenty of toppings and a chewy crust. Must say this is the best pizza I have had in years. Looking forward to a return visit for dinner to enjoy the musical entertainment.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Virginia
“You call this GOOD PIZZA???”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I took my 3yr old grandson here for Pizza because we were out shopping and he wanted Pizza.I decided that we would try something new..Bad choice!! This is a Mom & Pop place but I was really disappointed in the Pizza..The crust was thin which I can appreciate but the edges where fat and NOT DONE!!! When you got to the edge it was uncooked..The place could use a make-over...I watched as the young man washed dishes by hand and because of the germs and bacteria I don't care to eat from "real plates" that haven't been put in a dish washer..My grandson was given a toy truck from the dollar tree to take home..We won't be returning...I have had better pizza from a grocery store...

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Norfolk, Virginia
“Great homemade style pizza served with fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

I went last night to dine in for the second time. The pizza is really good. The crust is doughy and chewy not to thick. The wings are pretty good too. One of the best things is the live band Snackbar Jones. They play there once every 2 weeks usually on Thursday soon to be Wednesday. Awesome entertainment for a tiny neighborhood pizza place enjoyed by locals looking for a cold beer, great food and awesome entertainment. That band plays everything from country to rap and does it well. Very entertaining. Prices are reasonable too. Happy hour type drink specials are just the icing on the cake. I can't believe that I've only done take out from there up until recently. Now I feel like I've been really missing out! Enjoy!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great find!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

My family came here because we had a coupon and we will definitely be back. This is a mom & pop pizza parlor. It's great for families. The waitress was amazing and even brought gifts to the table for the kids since they were behaving. They were just dollar store toys but to the children it was like Christmas. Antipasto was the best I've ever had in this area. Pizza was delicious and eggplant parm was a huge portion. This may be my family's new weekly pizza joint.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Norfolk, VA
“Delicious Pizza but store front is lack luster”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

A friend told us to order from Mona Lisa's. We looooved the pizza when we first ordered it. We continued to order from there but noticed that each time the delivery time was slow and more than once we had to call to check on our status. However, the food was always delicious and hot when we got it. When we had a friend visiting we decided to go out for pizza and ate in the restaurant as we had heard that they have live bands on the weekends. The store front is located in a mostly abandoned strip mall and the restaurant only has a handful of tables (no booths) and that was with no band or stage set up. Haven't ordered from them in a whle because they are slower and a little more expensive than closer pizza delivery places.

Visited March 2012