“Great Italian Food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Norfolk, VA
“Great Italian Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

Franco's has spectacular Italian food, and I should know I am Italian. I had spaghetti with meatballs and sausage. . Great sauce, just like I make. Firm, large meatballs perfectly cooking. Real Italian sausage done to a tee. Al dente spaghetti. A wonderful meal. My wife loves their linguini with garlic and oil. It was perfect. The restaurant is nicely decorated. A pleasure to eat there.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

NJ
“mixed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Stayed in the area, looking for a good place to dine,tas you entered your unsure if your to be seated or wait while everyone stares from the kitchen, without a word, a waitress casually tells you to sit wherever, while taking your order very unfriendly and no greeting watsoever , food was good, but, people seldom forget that being courteous doesn't cost a thing, maybe they should work in that area, they lack of it terribly.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Saint Augustine, Florida, United States
“Always Enjoy ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

When you are feeling like Italian - this is a great place tucked away. We visit each time were in Norfolk. Small, family-operated, cozy, and delish.

Read complaints from people on here regarding fries and sandwiches... Why in the world would you go to an Italian restaurant and order that anyway..

I've had seafood Italian dish both times and loved.

Orange Park, Florida
“GOING DOWNHILL QUICK”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Went to Franco's for a going away arrived there at 11AM we were seated quickly and ordered our food. Two Cheese Steaks and a Cheese Steak Hogie with two orders of fries. We recieced our food which was a disappointment. I am not sure what they think a Cheese Steak is but it is not a little piece of meat with cheese. The french fries were a joke they were only about 1/2 inch long? Where can you find french fries in this size? Then the crowd came in and everything basically went down hill. I will say the waitresses did a wonderful job with! Just the food was sub par and the portions were too small.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Recommended To Me - Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

My dentist recommended Franco's for its cheese steaks and my wife took me there to celebrate Father's Day. We shared an order of their mozzarella salad (I equate that to Caprese), a cheese steak and veal parmesan sandwich. The ingredients were very sparse, the steak very chewy and the "extra" onions and peppers I requested were virtually non-existent. I recall half joking to my wife that I needed a microscope to locate the ingredients. The veal sandwich was far too salty and the Caprese was dressed with and oil and vinegar concoction (instead of the expected balsamic drizzle) - very heavy on the vinegar. That order with a couple glasses of passable Chianti brought the total check to just under $40.00 along with slow service - very pricey for what was delivered. I understand that the pasta is home-made. Perhaps we'll try that in the distant future.

• Visited June 2014