“One of the best” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“One of the best”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011 via mobile

A very nice family owned and run. The food is very flavorful with out over powering spices.

65% Recommend
Norfolk, Virginia
“Spruced up after years if tired and shabby”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011 via mobile

Historic Norfolk Landmark that is quirky with good prices on Italian food. Jury is still out on quality of the food.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
o'fallon, il
“Outstanding Italian Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2011

The food at Veneziano's was excellent. Having just arrived in Norfolk, I was hoping to find some good places to eat and took a chance on Veneziano's based on the online reviews. It exceeded my expectations. My main course was linguine with white clam sauce and I don't recall ever having better. It was absolutely delicious. The appetizer and salad were also very well done. Overall, I was quite impressed with the meal.

The prices at Veneziano's are very reasonable given the quality of the food and the wait staff was generally attentive without being intrusive. The decor isn't fancy but definately makes you fell like you are in a real italian restaurant where they take their food seriously. I look forward to going again.

• Visited January 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Norfolk, Virginia
“Just like old NY !!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2010

Coming from Brooklyn NY , around old school Italians and dating a lot of Italian girls ....I would have to say so far this has been the best Italian food in I have had in a long time and definitely the best I have had in Va my family and I go out to dinner an avg of twice a week .....I was there today just hit the GPS and it brought me here WE LOVED IT .....we will be back !!!!

Norfolk, Va.
“Best real Italian meat balls in all of Hampton Roads!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2009

Best real Italian meat balls in all of Hampton Roads! Been going here since I came to Norfolk for college in the late 1960's. Great pizza and oh the veal dishes. Yea, it is dark but that is romantic (Deano and Frank singing in the background adds to the atmosphere). It sure reminds one of those old fashion mom and pop Italian places in the Northeast where the papa did the cooking, mama ran the dinning room and the kids waited and bused tables. I grew-up on my mother's real home cooked Italian cooking and believe me this is real Home Cooked Italian food! For those who think the gravey (sauce) is thin, then you must never have eaten REAL ITALIAN FOOD! AND the home made bread with real butter is one of the reasons people have been eating there for over 60 year! Try the desserts, esp. the Rum Cake! Hopefully, I'll still be eating there for another 40 years but for those who developed their taste for "authentic" Italian food from a carboard box pizza or lesanga they purchased from the frozen food isle at Food Lion, I suggest you should just keep ordering from Pizza Hut or eating at the food court at the mall!