“Great choice for a nice night out” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 580 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: French, International, Greek
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Tucked into a corner of Botetourt and & York Street, Voila, with it's soft lighting and eclectic decor, is a local gem. The restaurant sits tucked away in one of the city's oldest historic neighborhoods, complete with cobblestone streets and some of the few surviving antebellum houses on the side of the Elizabeth River. With a full bar and known for its three-course prix-fixe, Voila's menu features fresh ingredients & home-grown herbs. Voila boasts an impressive selection of international, French, & Greek dishes, incorporated together by the owners, Hampton Roads restaurateurs John & Maggie Tsouris. As well as Hand crafted cocktails concocted with vintage liqueurs and spirits, fresh squeezed juices and homegrown herbs. Voila is a local's favorite and must try authentic cuisine.
McLean, VA
“Great choice for a nice night out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

By coincidence, we were in Norfolk for our anniversary and looking for a nice quiet place to celebrate. All the great reviews convinced us to give Voila a try. Beautiful, intimate atmosophere where we could actually have a conversation. Only about a dozen tables. Excellent service. Outstanding food and wine list. The menu is not extensive, but it doesn't need to be. You will find something you like, and each dish is on the menu because the chef wants to share it with you. I had the salmon and my wife and a very nice chicken and pasta dish. Every table had diners enjoying their food and their conversation. Can't go wrong with this choice.

• Visited November 2013

Glossop, United Kingdom
“Great food & wine.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

The food is superb, cooked with care & imagination, but what really makes Voila stand out is the wine list. The same care that goes into the preparation of the food obviously went into the selection of the wines - our server had encyclopedic knowledge, & an obvious love, of wine.

A great little restaurant!

• Visited September 2013
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Great little French-Moroccan Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

This is a small restaurant -- about a dozen tables and a bar. This is one of the things I like about Norfolk: lots of small, very good restaurants. I went here for a small (4 people) business dinner. Service was excellent, the noise level was acceptable for holding a conversation. Therestaurant is pleasantly furnished with bright colors. Menu is not huge, but there is enough variety to suit varied tastes; also specials are available. I enjoyed salmon that was layered on spinach in a pastry puff -- divine! ($22). Several salads, soups, and appetizers on the menu. I will be back to try other menu items.

Free parking in front of the restaurant. The Tide runs just in front of the restaurant parking lot, so a good option if you are at MacArthur Center, Tides Park, or the Sentara/EVMS area.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
LEXINGTON
“good atmosphere, good food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Purple, mustard, and dark colors on the walls, modern artistic chandeliers. Almost too attentive servers dressed in black. Food was good but not great. Atmosphere would make this a good date/romantic destination, if you were so in lust that the food could be less than perfect.

Visited June 2013
Fredericksburg, Va
“Reserve your table NOW!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We spent a weekend away at the Freemason B & B nearby and almost missed this fabulous restaurant that is almost next door. This is the best food and service I have had in a long time. The restaurant is small looks to seat around 35 people plus a few at the bar. They offer a 3 course for $30 with more than an adequate number of choices. You will not be hungry when you leave. My boyfriend had the mussels appetizer which shouldn't be missed if you like mussels that was quite large and had a wonderful sauce. I had the arugula salad which though not very adventurous was very fresh. We both had the salmon voila which was cooked to perfection, the rice was flavorful, light and fluffy and the vegetables were crisp but tender. Had we known the food was this good we might not have bothered with the 3/30 special. The menu had a wonderful selection of beef, chicken and seafood choices. The sauces were served on the side which I found appealing - nothing was drowned in sauce though the sauce for my salmon was delicious. Our waiter was perfectly attentive though the place was never empty. The staff can certainly make you hungry for the selections as they have at least three specials in addition to their menu. They had a chocolate chip bread pudding with whiskey sauce that I really wanted to try for dessert but I could barely finish my dinner so I opted for the chocolate mousse. It was wonderful - light and creamy with dark, milk and white chocolate shavings on top. There is nothing that could have made this meal any better with the exception of finding this place sooner so we could have eaten here twice. There is limited seating so I would suggest a reservation ( if you are going on a Saturday night). We didn't have one but were lucky to have gotten in as the tables were never empty. It slowed down a little after 7 pm. The trolley line is right outside on York St. Also parking is limited, but there are side streets. We will be back. And next time I will have one of their hand crafted cocktails too.

• Visited April 2013