“Loved the location” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Angier, North Carolina, United States
“Loved the location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This was right beside our hotel, Sheraton. We had a very good waitress. And the location was great. We sat outside and enjoyed a view of the water front while we dined.

Visited September 2012

North Carolina
“Make Sure You tip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Oh my, the food was awesome. I had the crab legs with crawfish and it was seasoned to perfection. My waiter was very attentive and friendly - even sat down to chat a while. But when there was a problem with my credit card and I was forced to pay cash - leaving only enough for a 10% tip, he totally flipped on me. He never got rude but the friendly guy had left the building. No worries, the food was still great.

Visited August 2012
San Rafael, California, United States
“Below-average food, stale dessert”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I went there for Sunday lunch. I ordered the "KJ Steampot," with crab legs, mussels, scallops, petite potatoes, and corn on the cob in Kendall Jackson wine and butter broth. The corn was very skinny and the kernels were flat ... it was either frozen corn or the cheapest they could get at the market. The price for this order was $25.99!

The onion rings I ordered on the side were the "string" kind, although the menu did not mention that. Naturally I had expected regular ones. They were soggy with cooking oil.

I wanted a side salad, but did not ordered it when I learned that it was with iceberg lettuce, which we know has no nutritional value, not even fiber.

The dessert I ordered was a chocolate cake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top, which is supposed to look like a turtle. The chocolate cake was days old and rubbery. Yuck! The ice cream was not fresh, either.

When I asked for a finger bowl, the waitress said "What's that?" I explained to her that it was a bowl with hot water and lemon slices for washing fingers. Every seafood lover knows that seafood restaurants have them. She said that they were out lemons and also out of wet wipes. I couldn't believe my ears.

That was my first and last visit to this seafood chain. There are plenty of other seafood restaurants around.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Newington, Connecticut
“Great for families with kids”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We stumbled upon Joe's after visiting the USS Wisconsin and so glad we did! We have a 4 year old and an 8 year old and we all found great items on the menu. I had the King Crab pot and my husband had a fried shrimp entree that was very good. The best part for the kids besides the pizza they had for lunch was the play area inside the restaurant. We sat right outside the play area and couldn't hear them yelling or screaming at all...that was amazing. My husband and I actually got to enjoy a lunch while the kids played! Joe's is located right on the water so there is a nice view. If you're looking for a fancy seafood place for fine dining Joe's is not for you. They give you newspaper to crack the shells and you don't have to worry about making a mess. The prices are a little more than what we were looking to pay for lunch but in the end it was worth it. The staff was excellent and our waitress answered all of our questions with a smile. My King crab was cooked perfectly (steamed with garlic and served with butter on the side)...the way I like it from New England...not covered in sauce that hides the flavor. I will say the place could use a few updates....there were a few leaking pipes in certain area and they had buckets to catch the drips but otherwise we loved it!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Missouri
“Good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I went to Joe's right after sailing on the American Rover. I had an appetizer for a meal. It was plenty, and I got a variety of seafood.

Visited August 2012