“Good Italian” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
La Bella in Ghent is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #169 of 613 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Portsmouth, Virginia, United States
“Good Italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Good Italian, not your usual spaghetti & meatballs joint. Awesome Tiramisu!!!! Great service & ambience. This is a great place for your next celebration!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Gulfport, Mississippi
“Bread was fresh...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

I ordered the food take out. Arrived at the restaurant to pick the order up and had to find someone to get my order. I had ordered a cold salad and two hot entrees which were all placed in the same bag. Needless to say the salad was nice and soggy and warm by the time we got it home.
The ravioli that I had was bland and the entree my friend had was good (the linguini with scallops, shrimp and muscles). I tasted the shrimp and it tasted overdone. Our overall bill came to over $50 for two entrees and a salad. Will try other restaurants in the ghent area, don't think I will frequent this one.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Chesapeake Va
“Disapointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We had great expectations, however all the more reason for disappointment. Good caesar salads and good fresh bread! But that is not enough to make up for the shortcomings.Chicken and veal pounded so thin, and then so overcooked that the only thing we could taste was the grill marks! Sauteed spinach dripping in oil...flat, bland vegetables without any flavor. We ordered espressos with our very good, though small tiramisu...we got cappuccinos. Too many better options around...we will not be back.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Norfolk, Virginia
“Great:)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

My husband took me here for my birthday yesterday. Italian is my favorite and we read good reviews about this place. We did have to wait alittle bit to be seated, but that was because they only had 3 waiters for the whole place including the bar. It was pretty busy for a Wednesday night, but I thought the service was great. They have a big wine selection and the staff is knowledgeable about drinks. I drank a white wine recommend by our waitress and it was excellent. The bread was fresh and very good. My husband ordered the Pollo La Bella, which is chicken stuffed with prusuitto and cheese served with a wine sauce, it took 20 minutes to make but the waitress informed us of that before hand. It was very much worth the wait! I forgot the name of what I got, but was little disappointed. It was supposed to be pasta with spicy tomato sauce, but it was not spicy at all and had alot of tomato sauce. The pasta was cooked perfectly thought. We ordered dessert to go. I has the triple chocolate moutsse and it was excellent also. I only gave it 3 stars on family because we had our 8 month old with us, so we had a high chair. That wouldn't have been a problem until a big party was seated next to us and the waitress had trouble getting between tables,so we felt kinda crowded. Still a great overall place:) Can't wait to go back and try more!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Norfolk, Virginia
“Why eat in Sicily when you can eat here?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

A few evenings ago, my lady and I dined at La Bella’s for the first time. We each had an apple martini (pina coladas are not made). My lady had Shrimp Fra Diavola - (Spicy) Shrimp sauteed with Tomatoes, Red Crush Pepper and Cherry Peppers, Garlic, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and tossed with Spaghetti. I had Linguine Frutti Di Mare - Calamari, Shrimp, Clams, sauteed with Garlic, Olive Oil, Tomatoes, Red Crush Pepper and Parsley served over Linguine. These entres were DE-licious. The bread is freshly baked …’from scratch’ … at the restaurant … and is addictively good. We shared tiramisu (restaurant made) for dessert.

As we were dining, we were joined by two of her cousins and it became a family affair. The bottom line is that our entrés at La Bella’s were simply outstanding. I wouldn’t want any dish more tasty, because I’d eat until I popped. At La Bella’s, they make all of their food from scratch and call it ‘Sicilian’ … with pride. From my experience, the food is definitely worth boasting. I’ll be back!

• Visited October 2012