“Not worth a second visit.” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #166 of 613 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Outdoor seating
Good for: Outdoor seating
“Not worth a second visit.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I have been meaning to eat here for about six months and finally did when his parents came. We sat outside and it was so comfortable. Very few people were out there so we felt like we had the place to ourselves. Our waittess was wonderful. She was very sweet and helpful. My mother in law and myself both ordered the fish and chips. I loved the fries but our fish had no flavor. We poured vinegar on our fish until it was drenched just too add some tadte. My husband normally gets a cesar salad when we eat out and the one that night he claimed it was the worst he has ever had and his seafood was over seasoned. My father in law could barely eat his chicken it was so dry. Then both he and my husband ordered coffee and couldn't drink it because it was not fresh and tasted horrible. We all walked out saying the waitress was wonderful, we loved sitting outside, but the food was lousy!

• 2 of 5 stars Food

Norfolk, Virginia
“Overall okay but excellent hushpuppies”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Sat outside which was very nice though even the enclosed patio had smoking I noticed. Excellent service. Very friendly waitresses all around. My crabcake was disappointing. Dry with little flavor, had to douse with tartar sauce. Hush puppies are outstanding with the honey butter, even though that is pre-packaged. Good happy hour specials.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Great home town bar, restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

They make you feel welcome and at home. We have eaten there several times and usually take friends. We love to sit at the bar and enjoy a drink then grab a table for dinner, eat outside if you can. All food has been good.

Visited February 2012
Anywhere usa
“Decent fish and chips”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

Fish and chips $9 included four thick and moist pieces of white fish under a pile of fries. Fish was very good as were the fries. everyone agreed this item was the Best deal on the menu.

The rest of the table gave their dishes mixed reviews.

All in all unremarkable.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Norfolk, Virginia
“Very Nice Waterside Deck.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

The food here is very good and the outside deck overlooking the Lafayette River is cool.

Visited March 2012