“All frozen and process food nothing is fresh ” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #125 of 621 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: Asian
“All frozen and process food nothing is fresh ”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

I went to eat the shrimp and some meat taste like frozen the only probably fresh make in there is rice.

Baltimore, Maryland, United States
“Try it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Even on a crowded night like Valentine's weekend, the service was great. Our waitress was extremely friendly and helpful with recommendations. The strawberry shortcake martini was to die for!!!! The sushi sampler, California roll, and coconut shrimp were all great, but the real gem was the spicy girl roll. It was my first time ordering a fried roll and it did not disappoint. My husband had the orange chicken and he said it was great. Ambiance is great, the little pond that separates the dining room would be better with Koi, but overall nice decor. If you're looking for good sushi in a cool atmosphere, give this place a try!

Jaipur, Rajasthan, India
“Must visit place for Sushi lovers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

I was in Norfolk on a family visit with a palate that had never tasted sushi before. My uncle and aunty decide that Tokyo Fresh was the perfect place to do to.
From the first bite I was in love with sushi!
I tried their Fried Calamari Tempura and it was crunchy, juicy and delicious. The dipping sauce was so good I wanted to clean out the bowl.
We had their Angry lobster Roll, Tempura fried Ice cream in Green tea, Pink Lady Roll, and vegetable spring roll.
Their edamame is a must try too for someone who is experiencing Japanese cuisine for the first time.
Their staff is very helpful and polite. I can't recall the name of the girl who was our server that day, but she did the garnish on the fried tempura ice cream and it was beautiful. The whole presentation on every dish is so beautiful executed. Its a feast to the eyes and the palate.
Thanks to my folks for taking me there and to Tokyo Fresh for making me fall in love with Japanese food. I will definitely be visiting them the next time I am in Norfolk.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mebane, North Carolina
“Best sushi I've had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

My fiance and I are Asian food enthusiasts, and this is some of the best sushi and Thai food we've ever had. All of the ingredients were extremely fresh and everything was made-to-order, and the chef even came and spoke to us! The entire staff was friendly and the atmosphere was beautiful(especially for a couples' night!). If you like authentic Asian food, you have to try Tokyo Fresh!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hampton, Virginia
“Awesome Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

Tokyo Fresh is just what Downtown Norfolk needed! Great for young professionals to go get a drink after work or with your girlfriends. I had my birthday dinner there in October and i told her 12 people were coming, but 20 people actually came! The manager Hawaii accommodated my guest quickly and with no hesitation at all! Everyone enjoyed their food and loved the atmosphere especially the up to date music playing on the bar side! Definitely more visits planned for the near future!

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Been to Tokyo Fresh? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Tokyo Fresh, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.