“Great venue” 5 of 5 stars

Hartland, Wisconsin
6 attraction reviews
“Great venue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

For the audience there are excellent sight lines, state-of-the-art sound, and top-notch lighting. Not really a bad spot in the house.

For the performers, there are a steam room, full-size dressing rooms, a whirlpool...among the best backstages in the country.

A winner all around.

Visited September 2013

Arlington, Virginia
“Ingrid Michaelson Concert”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I wanted to see Ingrid Michaelson and had no prior knowledge about the NorVa. However, I looked it up online and saw that it was listed in Rolling Stone as the best concert venue in the US, so my expectations were high going in. Leaving, I was not disappointed at all. They serve food and drinks at the Norva, which was not spectacular, but considering that you can't get food and drinks at most other venues, it was pretty cool. Sound-wise, I think it was pretty great. I could hear the music well and there wasn't a bad spot in the house. The same goes for seating/standing room. I am short, so I expected to not be able to see anything, given that it is standing room only. However, there were so many little nooks and crannies you could get in to that you could find a good spot to see all the action. I was in the balcony area, but close enough to be notice by Ms. Michaelson. Also, they have screens all over the place, so when I couldn't see directly, I could just look at any one of the many monitors. (I would love it if they upgraded the TVs to Samsung HD TVs, but that is a project for another day). There was also a good bit of seating in various areas such that, if you got tired of standing, you had somewhere to go (not true of the Roseland Ballroom in New York). All in all, I would definitely recommend seeing a concert at the NorVa. I think it works best for acoustic and indie artists more so than highly produced artists. But if you like being in an intimate setting with your favorite musicians, this is the place to go. I drove down from DC and had to stay in a hotel, but it was worth it.

Visited May 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
22 attraction reviews
“Small venue with good sound”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Have seen several concerts here from small to big name acts. The sound is very good. Stage is pretty small. VIP section upstairs overlooks the stage on the sides. Often there are skip the line deals by eating at the restaurant attached.

Visited June 2013
Richmond, Virginia
14 attraction reviews
“Awesome venue”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

The Norva is an awesome venue and they bring in all these really cool acts to Va.

I wish half the bands that came here would come to Richmond

The only thing I DON'T like about the Norva is the attitude of the staff, there is a rougher crowd there and I guess the security has to deal with that

The problem is they treat everyone as if you're being a jerk even if you're not

I've actually walked out in shows because of the security before

Just be prepared to deal with that, look around, I'm not the only one saying it either

Winterville, North Carolina
“Awesome show! Great venue!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Saw MINDLESS SELF INDULGENCE on March 18th. Amazing band performance and the venue was really nice. Met the band afterward. Great night!

Visited March 2014

Been to The NorVa? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage The NorVa, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.