“This is airport food?” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Connecticut
“This is airport food?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

It would be great if other airport restaurants could learn from this place. My son's mushroom/swiss burger was cooked to order & tasty. My husband & I had the Southwest Salad & it was fresh & delicious! Crispy lettuce. Not-grizzly chicken. SO much better than the brown salad I got at an airport restaurant in JFK airport!

Visited October 2013

“Surprisingly good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

While waiting for my flight I stopped in at Back Bay Bistro for lunch. I had the Chilli & Southwest Salad. The food and service were great!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Worst service Ever!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Since your stuck in Norfolk Airport there is only one other option and that's Starbucks (go there). The Bistro seems to employ people with no service skills what so ever. I always feel like I'm inconveniencing them to ask for anything. Regardless of the order it take FOREVER to get food and they charge high rates for beer and alcohol.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Boston
“What a nice surprise!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

We three business travelers had two hours to idle away at ORF airport recently, and found ourselves post-security in the Delta terminal, and suddenly hungry. We expected little, and got a lot.

Back Bay Bistro is near the end of the concourse, and has the usual bar-type seating, plus half a dozen tables in the middle on the concourse. We sat there, enjoyed the late day sun filtering in, outstanding waitress service (even though it was a short walk to and from the bar and kitchen), and surprisingly good pub-type of food. A salad, a crab cake sandwich, and a pulled pork sandwich were all outstanding. Prices were very reasonable.

Whoever owns and manages this restaurant obviously cares, and does a great job with food and service. I'll keep BBB in mind next time I'm flying out of Norfolk.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Big Lake, Minnesota
“Not so special airport dining”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Ate here as we were early to the airport and it was the only sit down place in our concourse. The service was attentive and friendly. The menu had a nice selection. My wife and I split the crab cake dinner (two crab cakes with sauce and loaded potato wedges) and a butteflied fried shrimp appetizer. The shrimp were very tasty with a very nicely horseradished cocktail sauce! The crab cakes were poor, more like crab cake patties (emphasis on cake, aka filler and not crab), they were the size and shape of a pressed veggie pattie with about as much crab taste (the chiptole sauce was decent). The loaded potatoes were good with bacon, cheese, chives and sour cream. The prices were more airport inflated than I would have expected for a small airport. Might be a better option to eat prior to going through security than in concourse B.

• Visited January 2013