“Look No Further in Norfolk Area For A Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #1 of 39 Hotels in Norfolk
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Fairport, New York
“Look No Further in Norfolk Area For A Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2009

Arrival at this hotel is extremely friendly and inviting. The suite we stayed in was very quiet, even with planes flying nearby, the stay was very relaxing. The rooms were very clean, beds very comfortable, breakfast was unusually ample, including real eggs (scrammbled) braekfast meats, corned beef hash, hot griddle and pancake mix for making your own pancakes, cereals, hard boiled eggs, muffins, bagels, fresh cut fruit, just about everything anyone would like. Staff member checked on everyone to see how breakfast was. Honestly, the breakfast was as good as you could find at a local restaurant. Only one minor drawback: the bathtub floor is very slippery when showering. We placed a bath towel on the tub floor to prevent slipping. Otherwise, I would stay here again without even looking for another hotel in this area.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
RINorfolk, General Manager at Residence Inn Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, June 24, 2009
Hello! I just wanted to thank you for taking time to comment about the Residence Inn Marriott Norfolk Airport. I am very happy to hear we met/exceeded your exectations. Please let me know if your travel needs bring you back to the Norfolk Airport. We would love to accomodate you again.
Yours in Hospitality,
Meredith Alexander

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2009

This is great value and good location. A full suite, with separate sleeping area; very clean and comfortable; and good location --5 minutes from the airport and 10 minutes from town. The area lacks amenities like restaurants but downtown Norfolk has some great places and it's nice to have a full suite, with full kitchen, to relax in when you get back from sightseeing. Really liked this place and, for restaurants, I highly recommend the Trilogy in downtown. Fabulous food!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
I am writing in regards to your recent comments about the Residence Inn Marriott Norfolk Airport on TripAdvisor. Thank you so much for the positive feedback! It means alot to us. I will share your comments with my staff. Thank you for staying with us!
Yours in Hospitality,
Meredith Alexander
Maple Heights,Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2009

Nice hotel got everything i wanted and more.No noise except for the airplanes coming and going by the nearby airport.Food was good and a very clean hotel,can't ask for more.Will be staying here again on our next trip here. Ride to Virginia Beach is about 15-20 minutes,not far at all.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Hi! My name is Meredith Alexander and I am the General Manager of the Residence Inn Marriott Norfolk Airport. I just read your comments about our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review. We really appreciate your feedback. We are very excited that you will be returning to us. Please call me at (757) 333-3000 Ext. 4000 if I can assist you in any way.
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2008

This is a very nice hotel: although only 2 miles from the airport we hardly heard any planes. The suites were very well furnished, and we had a lot of space. The staff couldn't have been more helpful. The breakfast area was a bit spartan. Breakfast was reasonable. Nice pool and small but useful gym. We would definite return and would recommend it highly. If you fill up the sleeping space the suite rates are very reasonable. So much better than a hotel room with hardly an armchair to sit on.

• Liked — The space of the accommodation and the kitchen facilities
  • Disliked — Breakfast area
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
Washington, D.C.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2008

This is a great hotel...nice and clean. The staff was very helpful. Breakfast was very good especially since I had to 'eat and run'. It had a variety of foods for everyone, several different types of coffee and creamer. Next time I visit the area, I will stay at this hotel!!

• Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
Foster City, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2008

Had an early flight out and staying here made it very easy. The room was very comfortable with a full kitchen which is always nice. The business center was well used but with a little wait could get in and get boarding passes printed.

This is a center hall Residence Inn so I would feel comfortable staying here by myself too.

Didn't get to partake of the breakfast but they did have some fresh fruit out for early risers.

• Liked — Distance to airport
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2005

I stayed at this Residence Inn for 2 weeks on temporary assignment in mid-May. The rooms are in suite format; my room was on the second floor (Rm. 208). It was clean and the furniture was like new. The sofa was firm and comfortable, and the a/c was strong! (I like my room cold). I made use of the microwave, refrigerator (with ice-maker, so no more going out to the corridor in my pajamas to get ice), and dishwasher extensively. One fault I found though was that the sink adjacent to the bathroom did not drain quick enough; it was a minor inconvenience.

As part of my assignment here, I had to do some online research, so the complimentary high-speed Internet service (not wireless, though) was a definite plus. To my recollection, it never stalled. I also used the Net to find eateries around the area, which there were plenty.

The staff was most accommodating and attentive; as an example, I forgot my CAT-45 cable used to connect my laptop to the Net and asked to borrow one at the front desk. Although, they didn't have one to lend at the time, she took my name and delivered one to my room the next day. I've stayed in other hotels where my requests just "fell through the cracks".

The complimentary hot breakfast was a welcomed sight each day, although I wish that they alternated the sausage with bacon. (I'm a bacon fan.) Still, the selection of eggs, waffles, fruit, cereal, breads, and dairy products started off my day right.

For the room service attendants in which English was not the first language, the hotel had a form with pictures of products normally requested (toiletries, hangers, etc) that you just circled if you needed them. I thought that was a good idea.

Overall, my experience here was very pleasant and I recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Norfolk. The Waterside is about 15 minutes and Va Beach is about 25 minutes away. The airport is 10 minutes away.

• Stayed May 2005, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn Norfolk Airport? Share your experiences!