“Excellent Norfolk Airport Marriott Property” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #1 of 39 Hotels in Norfolk
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Alameda, California
“Excellent Norfolk Airport Marriott Property”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

I stayed at this property 6 different times during the first 3 months of 2014. I feel the hotel staff are now a subset of friends, as Cheryl, Denzel, Mike, T'Quan (spelling?) and GM Christi were always very friendly and helpful. I was impressed that the staff remembered me and always welcomed me back. The property is less than a 10 minute drive from the airport and the hotel provides free shuttle service. The rooms were clean and up to Marriott's high standards. There is a complimentary breakfast buffet offering a nice variety of hot and cold options, as well as fruits and yogurt. Furthermore, Monday through Wednesday nights there is a nice dinner buffet with a salad bar, and several hot options. I ran on the treadmill each morning and they worked very well except the individual tv screens do not work, but there is a large screen tv hanging on the wall that kept me entertained. Having a kitchen and free internet is a plus. Have some extra time, go shoot some pool in the game room. I look forward to seeing my new friends again soon. Ron W. Alameda, CA

Room Tip: Always request a room located away from the elevator Prefer the odd number rooms not on the street...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Christi M, General Manager at Residence Inn Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Ron41977:

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your stays at the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport. I am glad you were inspired by many of our T.E.A.M. (Together Everyone Achieves More) members. You are more than a friend, you are now family. I hope we take excellent care of you, because you take excellent care of us.

Thank you for everything you do. You will always have a "HOME" to rest your head at the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport.

at your service,
Christi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Fairfax Station, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

My daughter and I stayed here one night as part of a school trip for a competition in Norfolk. We got a good group rate, compared with similar nearby hotels, and the place was very clean, newly decorated, had every amenity we wanted, and served a very nice breakfast. The staff were just so friendly and positive! Our group of eight 11- and 12-year-olds were far from quiet, but the staff were nice about it. It was very handy to have a kitchenette in the room, and a separate bedroom. Would definitely stay here again!

Stayed April 2014
Rachel C, Manager at Residence Inn Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Annelawrence,

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience regarding your stay with us at the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport. I am so glad your encounters with our staff were memorable that they inspired you enough to share your experiences. We thrive each and everyday to ensure that all of our guests leave with a lasting impression.

Thank you very much for your business! We want to be your ONLY choice for lodging while in the Norfolk area. We want to continue to provide you with an experience that you deserve and that you rely on Marriott to deliver!

Virginia Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

My wife and I cannot say enough good things about this extended stay
Marriott property. We chose to stay there for 10 weeks while major repairs
were being made to our condo apartment. Not only did the hotel manager, Ms.
Rachel Dorset, personally make us feel welcome but her entire "team" from
housekeeping to engineering to front desk to kitchen staff, all contributed
to making our stay not only enjoyable but even relaxing under what was for
us a very difficult an stressful time. The staff was always very courteous,
helpful, professional and, equally important, always cheerful to deal with.
The hotel has recently gone through some renovations and updates and our
room was both comfortable and clean. They have a very welcoming reception
area that has sofas and chairs situated around an inside/outside fireplace
where I spend many hours reading while drinking complimentary tea and hot
chocolate. Our rooms consisted of a large living room/kitchen with counter
top stove, full size fridge, dish washer, microwave, dining table, working
desk, comfortable furniture and flat screen TV. The bedroom was a separate
room with two queen size beds with a flat screen TV adjacent to a vanity and
separate shower/bath bathroom. An extensive hot buffet breakfast is served
each morning between 6:30 - 9:30 (7:00 - 10:00 on the weekends) and is
included in the room rate. In addition and also included in the rate and
available every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday evenings from 6:00 - 7:30 is a
hot buffet that consists of fresh salad, entrée with two sides, an
assortment of soft drinks and dessert. Beer and wine are available for a
small charge. The food is good and plentiful and we were impressed with the
quality and freshness of it. Whether you are staying for just a few days or
for an extended period of time this is the place to stay. An added benefit
is that it is just minutes from the airport and the hotel offers
complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport. Kudos to Rachel and
her team for doing the Marriott brand proud and helping to maintain it as
the premier name in hotels and guest services.

Michael and Elsy M

Room Tip: If one prefers complete quiet we suggest a room that does not overlook the basketball/tennis court.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Mike_MVirginiaBeach,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport! I can not thank you enough for the kind words you shared regarding your experience and the service we provide. I will share your wonderful comments with my team, I am so glad your encounters with our staff were memorable that they inspired you enough to share your experiences. We thrive each and everyday to ensure that all of our guests leave with a lasting impression. We will always have a room for you here at the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport!

Thank you very much for your loyalty, business, and heart.

Centennial, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Great location near airport, shuttle serve, spotlessly clean. Last minute plans I booked the wrong Marriott. Upon arrival I was greeted by a young man at the front desk name Denzel. He took care of everything, called the other hotel and explained my error and prevented a no-show fee. He gave advice about a place for dinner and getting around Norfolk. Genuinely friendly and helpful, I was new to the area and he went above and beyond his job description to make things easy for me. I will return here next time the service he provided was outstanding!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Rachel C, Manager at Residence Inn Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Clair G,

I appreciate the time you took to recognize an amazing associate! Like the rest of our TEAM, Denzel takes his customer service very seriously! I am so glad you experienced a warm welcome and he inspired you enough to post a review. We thrive each and everyday to ensure that all of our guests leave with a lasting impression.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

We were immediately greeted with a smile by Cheryl, who was very radiant and warm to us. The breakfast was outstanding, rooms were clean with comfortable bed and the service was wonderful! The manager, Christi, then sent a followup email to us asking about our stay which was very kind and professional. We will definitely be staying here again in the future.

• Stayed March 2014
Rachel C, Manager at Residence Inn Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Dear Dinah G,

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience regarding your stay with us at the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport. I am so glad your welcome from Cheryl was warm, the room was comfortable and breakfast exceeded your expectations. We thrive each and everyday to ensure that all of our guests leave with a lasting impression.

We appreciate your business and loyalty. We want to be your only choice for lodging while in the Norfolk area.

Saint Augustine, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

This hotel has all you need or want in a stay away from home. The rooms, lobby, and patio area are beautiful and very welcoming. All staff members are friendly and make you feel welcome to be there, even when you come down for breakfast in pajamas. All of our needs were met beyond expectations. I come to Norfolk, from Florida, every year for Spring Break to spend time with my son, who is a DOD employee. Residence Inn has the softest linens I have ever used at a hotel. Not only is the hotel conveniently located on Military Highway, where you can find anything you may need, but also it's a FANTASTIC place to retreat to. I will never need to look for another place to stay in Norfolk. This is it!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Christi M, General Manager at Residence Inn Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear MLN000:

Thank you very much for taking the time to review the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport! I can not thank you enough for the kind words you shared regarding your experience and the service we provide. We take service very seriously! I will share your wonderful comments with my team tomorrow in our morning huddle. We will always have a room for you here at the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport so that you can visit your son! We appreciate everything he does to keep us safe.

at your service,
Christi
Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

The Residence Inn Norfolk Airport is very accommodating. The location is perfect if you are flying into Norfolk on a weekly basis. Should you need transportation the shuttle drivers Tyquan, Armando, and Stephanie are always available to drive you to your destination as well as pick you up. The front desk staff Cheryl, Denzel, Eric, Taquita and Bianca all possess excellent customer service skills and professionalism. The management staff always take time to assure your stay is pleasurable. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Norfolk.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Rachel C, Manager at Residence Inn Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear JM,

Hotel Manager

Been to Residence Inn Norfolk Airport? Share your experiences!